PDA

View Full Version : Wireless adapters interfering with eachother?

Sierraguy
02-18-11, 04:52 AM
I four devices in my home theater center:
a Samsung BD-c5500 bluray player --> using a Samsung wireless adapter on 12' USB extension
An Xbox 360 --> using XBox 360 wireless adapter on 12' USB extension
A Wii --> connected via switch to a Netgear UNIVERSAL WIFI INTERNET ADAPTER -
WNCE2001
Toshiba HDTV --> connected via switch to a Netgear UNIVERSAL WIFI INTERNET
ADAPTER - WNCE2001

The WNCE2001 adapter works AWESOME. But is it possible for the 3 adapters to interfere with each other if they are too close? I have my home theater set up so that only the TV and one device is on at a time so the Samsung, XBox and Wii aren't competing with each other. i.e./ Only TV and Samsung on at the same time...

I'm streaming media to my Samsung from a Tversity server and am getting dropped streams. The only reason I can think of is interference between adapters.

My Router is a Belkin N+ and there is line of sight between router and home theater adapters. All devices are 802.11n with static IP addresses. We have no 2.4Ghz or5.0Ghz devices in the home.

Any ideas? Hardwiring isn't an option due to structural design of my home. The 12' USB extensions are high quality and well within the 15" max. A recent remodel converted from 10' extensions to 12' with no decrease in performance with exception to the recent video stream problems...

Any advice?