PDA

View Full Version : Checkpoint/CCSA student guide



norcalto
11-22-10, 10:15 AM
I see there is a student guide available for download in various
locations- but there is a requirement to sign up for file transfer
services. Does anyone have a .pdf (or other similar formats) version
of the "Checkpoint NGX R65 Security Administration" handbook. If not,
would anyone happen to have any e-courseware of the CCSA (156-215.65)
cert? Thanks in advance.

VanguardLH
11-22-10, 04:51 PM
norcalto wrote:

> I see there is a student guide available for download in various
> locations- but there is a requirement to sign up for file transfer
> services. Does anyone have a .pdf (or other similar formats) version
> of the "Checkpoint NGX R65 Security Administration" handbook. If not,
> would anyone happen to have any e-courseware of the CCSA (156-215.65)
> cert? Thanks in advance.

What would the course book have that is missing from the documentation
for the product itself?

http://www.checkpoint.com/support/technical/documents/docs_r65.html

Are you asking how to cheat the Checkpoint certification for the course
(http://www.checkpoint.com/services/education/training/courses/cpsa1_r65.html)
by trying to memorize something out of the handbook for it? From the
"What you will learn" list, it looks like those topics are covered in
the normal docs for the product; however, perhaps the handbook includes
implementation strategies that are missing from the product docs. They
provide a table of contents for their handbook if you're looking for
what topics on which to focus for self-study (if you don't want to take
or pay for their training class) to help get their certification.

They won't give you another copy of the handbook if you already passed
their course? See if you can get it when doing self-study
(https://www.checkpoint.com/forms/lead.htm?formId=000197). You have to
fill out the form before they tell you what docs are available in their
"self-study library". You still end up having to pay the heft costs for
the VUE exams to get the cert.

Or are you asking us on how you can steal their courseware
(https://www.checkpoint.com/CourseWare/OrderHomePage.jsp) or to steal
the copyrighted book (http://tinyurl.com/2ffjhvx)? Some folks tried to
add it to a P2P download but it got yanked, like at the links at
http://www.tactools.us/checkpoint-security-administration-i-ngx-r65-student-handbook.html
but when followed show the copyrighted work got yank because it was
abuse of that service. Since the tor download sites have free signups
(registrations) but you aren't even willing to do that, it certainly
appears you are trying to steal the courseware or book.

Lord Edam de Fromage
11-23-10, 12:42 PM
On 22/11/2010 22:51, VanguardLH wrote:
> norcalto wrote:
>
>> I see there is a student guide available for download in various
>> locations- but there is a requirement to sign up for file transfer
>> services. Does anyone have a .pdf (or other similar formats) version
>> of the "Checkpoint NGX R65 Security Administration" handbook. If not,
>> would anyone happen to have any e-courseware of the CCSA (156-215.65)
>> cert? Thanks in advance.
>
> What would the course book have that is missing from the documentation
> for the product itself?

The official course book is edited highlights of the admin PDFs. The
labs in the official course book are all examples in the various admin
PDFs available off checkpoint.


> Are you asking how to cheat the Checkpoint certification for the course
> (http://www.checkpoint.com/services/education/training/courses/cpsa1_r65.html)
> by trying to memorize something out of the handbook for it?

LOL! Even if you have perfect recall of the checkpoint PDFs &
coursewware you've still only got a 70% chance of passing the exam
without hands-on experience, because they still include questions on
options that were removed from the product four versions ago (a *good*
CCSA/CCSE course tutor will know of these and point them out as they go
along).


R65 is unsupported in new installations and is EOL in March - why not
start with R70?