PDA

View Full Version : Decrease warp in Nascar 3

JDM22685
09-16-10, 02:20 PM
I'm curious to know if there's a way to decrease warp in Nascar 3. The game came out in 1999. I use DSL that's shared through the Linksys WRT54GS Router. Three people, including myself use the same internet connection, plus the router has the latest firmware. Let me know in advanced. Thanks.

Sincerely,

J.D. Muddiman

mccoffee
09-17-10, 09:47 AM
What dsl modem are you using? is it a modem router combination if so is it in bridge mode?

I'm not sure i'm following you correctly what do you mean by warp network lag or the video is choppy?

JDM22685
09-17-10, 11:19 AM
I'm using Embarq 660 series. I'm not sure if it's the modem & router combination. Warping meaning I'm dissapearing & reappearing on the racetrack according to my fellow online racing competitors.

JDM22685
09-17-10, 12:11 PM
Warp is same thing as lag & I've tried a couple ways to get rid of it. From using TCP Optimizer to using those registry tweaks, I'm still lagging. The type of DSL plan we got is 3 Mbps.

mccoffee
09-17-10, 01:01 PM
Makes sure the modem is in bridge mode and all the ports are mapped for the game http://www.ehow.com/how_2283354_bridge-centurylink-660-dsl-modem.html

Also see if there is any video tweaks or settings that can be changed in the game liek video quailty and sound quality turrning those down may help.

JDM22685
09-17-10, 02:15 PM
Well, I've found that there's a firewall rule that says UDP only so I edited the rule & now it says Any instead of UDP only or TCP only. I'll try the video tweaks or settings if this doesn't fix the problem when I race online on Nascar 3 this Tuesday night. Thanks for your kind help.

Sincerely,

J.D. Muddiman