PDA

View Full Version : can connect to router but not to internet

d3vilgirl
09-02-10, 10:00 AM
ok, so I've been trying to get this problem resolved for almost 2 weeks with no luck what so ever.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop and a Belkin F5D7230 router. I can connect to the router through the wireless service but not to the internet. If i click to resolve it comes out that the DNS server is not responding.
I have tried almost anything I could find around here, like using all the cmd solutions, reseting the router and so on. None of them work. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling windows, which I don't really want to do.
I wish someone could help me.
Oh, and I am using windows 7. It's the first time since I bought the router and laptop when something like this happened.

mccoffee
09-09-10, 08:01 PM
I had simmilar trouble with belkins call the isp and ask them for the dns server addresses and make sure you manually put those in the router configuration... Maybe try putting the computers in a manual ip mode it may help

Also check to see if there is any firmware upgrades for that router..

if no dice call belkin up your not alone

d3vilgirl
09-25-10, 03:08 AM
I had simmilar trouble with belkins call the isp and ask them for the dns server addresses and make sure you manually put those in the router configuration... Maybe try putting the computers in a manual ip mode it may help

Also check to see if there is any firmware upgrades for that router..

if no dice call belkin up your not alone

I tried that too. I even tried another router, I have the same problem. I can't call Belkin, they don't have a support line for my country. I even formatted my laptop. Still having the problem.

mccoffee
09-28-10, 01:51 PM
Try thease steps and log in the router and make sure mac filtering is off on the belkin

its a first time configuration
hard reset the router for 25 seconds
check the ip address and default gateway it should be 192.168.2.1
then open 192.168.2.1 using inter net
then click connection type select dynamic
(leave the password blank if it pops for password)
then click change wan macaddress ,then click clone ,then apply changes,it starts counting down, then check internet status on top right hand corner of belkin page it says connected .