PDA

View Full Version : OK, now I'm really pissed off!

LoachDuke
06-09-00, 08:11 AM
Hey,

TFC patch 1.1.0.6 came out yesterday and it sucks.

I pay $40 a month for high speed internet, and now I have to compete with AI to win.

The sniping is so f**king easy, and cheap-a$$ 56k modem snipers are blowing me away. You'll understand soon enough.

Stupid VALVe.

Cupcake
06-09-00, 10:59 AM
Hay, LD you better re-read your post in "So hot your not"

No matter how easy sniping is you can always get around them and Thump them good from behind (in UT atleast)

My Bro is a really big Sniper freak. He still gets me but I have figured out how not to stand there and let him put rounds in my head ;-) He is only 56k. Cut them a break man, The poor 56kers need all the help they can get.

LoachDuke
06-09-00, 11:18 PM
Hey Cupcake,

I had to play Q2 for one-and-a-half-years on a 33.6/56k modem before cable/dsl was available in my neighborhood.
My pings were 250-450, and I played guys with had 50-100 pings.

I never, never finished last. Always top 25% of game.

Cheap client side software routines are no substitute for pure skill.

Put it this way...if you play a FPS for three months and still suck, then move onto another game type.

I hope that the software developers will see this fault in time. If not, I'm sure some crafty programmers will produce mods to undo this corruption.

cfcstl
06-11-00, 09:08 AM
Right now there is a serious bug with the new TFC patch where a sniper can bind a key to set his fakelag to something like 500 and freeze the screen, take his shot at a frozen player, then reset his lag and bam, you are now dead three seconds later. The problem is the client side code they put in TFC. It has got a lot of people really upset with TFC right now.

Immortal
06-11-00, 12:37 PM
here is a few quick fixer uppers.... try it.. might help... type it in colsole

cl_lc 0
cl_lw 0
cl_updaterate 40
cl_cmdrate 40

that helped me get back in the game... it should too... hope it works for u loach.... and one more thing.... calm dude..

------------------
Keyboard error - Please press a key to continue

ssjDoh
06-11-00, 01:05 PM
cl_lc 0
cl_lw 0
cl_updaterate 40
cl_cmdrate 40

What do these settings do?

Immortal
06-11-00, 03:46 PM
cl_lc 0 turns off lag compensation. .which means .. the newnetcode.. part of it

cl_lw 0 makes it so that when u shoot yer gun. it comes out rite..

and the other 2 just helps.. trust meee

------------------

Immortal
06-11-00, 09:04 PM
good news.... I've found a cure... at least I think it is..

right click the icon that u click to play
click properties, shortcut tab or somethin
then go to the target box...
at the end of the line...
for ex C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe
put
-numericping -nojoy -noipx -cl_lc 0 -cl_lw 0 -cl_download_ingame 0 +fps_max 100 +max_smokepuffs 0 +max_shells 0

so it becomes
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -numericping -nojoy -noipx -cl_lc 0 -cl_lw 0 -cl_download_ingame 0 +fps_max 100 +max_smokepuffs 0 +max_shells 0

it works... weeee happy gamin

------------------

[This message has been edited by Immortal (edited 06-11-2000).]