PDA

View Full Version : help

Amro
03-12-00, 08:17 PM
Hey, I have a celeron 433 o/c to 541 w/ an 83 mhz system bus. i want it to run on a 100 mhz system bus but it won't POST when i switch it to a 100 mhz bus. how can i get it to work, i've tried putting the voltage up. all the way to 2.3 any ideas?

------------------
"If a man could have half his wishes, he would double his troubles."
-Benjamin Franklin

InHere
03-12-00, 08:43 PM
To properly figure out if it's just the processor (Highly Likely) or other hardware causing you to be unable to go higher, we need more info about your system.

The 433 hasnt been reported to be a good overclocker past 75 mhz fsb anyhow, unless you got a really good chip, and really good cooling, and really good ram, and really good mainboard, and really good luck. The problem is the high multiplier of that processor. The best 400's will rarely do anything on an 83 mhz fsb. They have a 6.0 multiplier. You have a 6.5, which makes it pretty hard to oc. 650 mhz from a celery 433 is not gonna happen friend. But, there is hope for you. The prices on AMD K6-2 chips is way down there, they are a steal. Snap one o them 533 babys in that board and stand back. The soon to be released K^ socket 7 /pppga chips are gonna have 256K full speed L2 cache, .018 die size and run with the wind. Wait and get one. they will stay with some coppermines, I've heard.

Amro
03-12-00, 08:54 PM
thanks. i've heard of pple doing it..650 off these things.. i suppose i am lucky as is but just wanted to get more haha

------------------
"If a man could have half his wishes, he would double his troubles."
-Benjamin Franklin