PDA

View Full Version : sblive problem

creep
02-17-00, 01:51 PM
i have a problem with my sound blaster live mp3+ card... nothing big but still a prob. when i play mp3s or waves or whatever it comes through all 4 spkrs but when i play a cd it only comes through 2...any ideas on why its like this?

------------------
-creep--

Fixxer
02-18-00, 05:27 AM
hmm.. it should be coming through all 4 speakers.. check if they are on first http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/biggrin.gif and if they are then make sure everything is set to 4 speakers.. like in "speaker presetup" and "speaker" under Audio HQ and in "creative diagnostics" make sure they are plugged into the right jack too

creep
02-18-00, 09:07 AM
sure they are all plugged in cuz when i play mp3s, it comes out of all 4 but with audio cds, it only comes out of 2

------------------
-creep--

LikeAGlove
02-18-00, 05:08 PM
i had the same problem.

your problem is the surround mixer settings in your "Creative" startmenu group.

when you play MP3s, the resulting decoding is software AND hardware based. therefore, it goes through your cpu and souncards processing/decoding circuits, respectively.

when you are playing an audio cd, the L and R audio is hardwired DIRECTLY to your card through that little audio-only adapter cable and bypasses processing completely. subsequently, the only thing that your sound card receives is pure analog audio input, rather than data-based digital audio.

therefore, if you want it to come through all four speakers, you have to specifcy that in the SBLive settings, as it has to reroute via software processing and be played back in (software enchanced) surround mode.

i.e. - SBLive has individual settings for audio outputs from different sources and can be setup according to your preferences (eg. games through 4speakers, CDs through 2, etc). the idea is that movies, games and the like are usually enhanced by surround mode processing/decoding, whereas stereo music is usually best listened to on stereo (2) speakers. at least this is the consensus amoung audiophiles. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

hope this helps.
email me otherwise.

cheers,
glove

creep
02-19-00, 10:39 PM
can u explain to me step-by-step how to configue it?

------------------
-creep--

Homer
03-04-00, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by creep:
i have a problem with my sound blaster live mp3+ card... nothing big but still a prob. when i play mp3s or waves or whatever it comes through all 4 spkrs but when i play a cd it only comes through 2...any ideas on why its like this?

This prob is easy to fix, I had the same prob. If you are using Live Ware open the surrond mixer and open TASKS, choose "listen to cd". Make sure speakers are set for 4 speakers.Done

creep
03-05-00, 07:56 PM
yes! that worked... thanks alot

------------------
-creep--