PDA

View Full Version : Wireless netwk IF disabled



Andreas Y.
04-06-08, 02:19 PM
After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If I
try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks, no
network is found. I alsways have to reboot.

This definetely happened after SP1

Pavel A.
04-06-08, 10:39 PM
"Andreas Y." <ayiangoullis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:29CA2D36-6CD3-4469-91B1-964AEF223780@microsoft.com...
> After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
> after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
> disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
> there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
> devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If
> I try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks,
> no network is found. I alsways have to reboot.

Can you get the latest driver from the manufactorer?
Then, remove the nic from Device Manager (or even better, remove all driver
files with pnputil)
and reinstall.

--PA

Barb Bowman
04-07-08, 03:40 AM
try a driver rollback from device manager.

please post the text output from ipconfig /all
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com/ipconfig-all-how-to-get-text-output/

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:19:33 +0300, "Andreas Y."
<ayiangoullis@hotmail.com> wrote:

>After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
>after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
>disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
>there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
>devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If I
>try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks, no
>network is found. I alsways have to reboot.
>
>This definetely happened after SP1
--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

Andreas Y.
04-07-08, 05:26 AM
I haven't updated my driver so this is not an option.


"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:venjv3t93hqm2dgk5roshnf2nfvrp0va8q@4ax.com...
> try a driver rollback from device manager.
>
> please post the text output from ipconfig /all
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com/ipconfig-all-how-to-get-text-output/
>
> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:19:33 +0300, "Andreas Y."
> <ayiangoullis@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
>>after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
>>disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
>>there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
>>devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If
>>I
>>try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks,
>>no
>>network is found. I alsways have to reboot.
>>
>>This definetely happened after SP1
> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx
> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

Barb Bowman
04-07-08, 07:09 AM
did you check in device manager to see if SP1 installed a newer
driver?

you didn't post the ipconfig /all output

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:26:47 +0300, "Andreas Y."
<ayiangoullis@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I haven't updated my driver so this is not an option.
>
>
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:venjv3t93hqm2dgk5roshnf2nfvrp0va8q@4ax.com...
>> try a driver rollback from device manager.
>>
>> please post the text output from ipconfig /all
>> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com/ipconfig-all-how-to-get-text-output/
>>
>> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:19:33 +0300, "Andreas Y."
>> <ayiangoullis@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
>>>after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
>>>disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
>>>there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
>>>devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If
>>>I
>>>try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks,
>>>no
>>>network is found. I alsways have to reboot.
>>>
>>>This definetely happened after SP1
>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS-MVP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx
>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/