PDA

View Full Version : overclocking PII 350

Beep
02-06-00, 08:51 PM
ok, i have a pII 350 w/ 64mb RAM, a sound blaster PCI 128, a Creative Annihilator sdr, 6GB HD, 40x cd-rom, 4x4x32x burner, a 3com ethernet card, a 56k modem, and i think that's about it.

my abit motherboard has this soft menu thing that lets me overclock really easily, so i changed it to 3.5x112 to get 392. it's been running fine under these settings, but i want to make it go faster. can anyone recommend to me a safe setting that won't burn up my computer? mostly i'm concerned because the system only has one fan and i think the video card runs pretty hot since it has its own fan too, and i don't want any short circuits or overheating.

LikeAGlove
02-18-00, 05:17 PM
actually, that's about it. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/frown.gif

i have about the same setup (but an ASUS mobo). from all the research that i have done, the popular consensus is that 3.5x112 is about the furthest you can go without
a) using better cooling methods
b) risk damaging your cpu/mobo without a)
c) running into dicey pci problems with your other cards

from the people i've talked to, you would want to invest in thermal paste, a better heat sink/fan, yadda-yadda, if you want to go any higher.

i couldn't be bothered with all the hassle. i'd rather just improve other components and replace my chip down the line.

just my $0.02 worth.

cheers,
glove

gar
02-19-00, 11:11 AM
Have 350 also, having been running
124fsb since March 99 with no additional
cooling.
This gives me 434 speed,
soft bios setting are 124fsb ,31 pc1.
using cheap spaceshuttle 661p MB