PDA

View Full Version : Do they even make those?

smidley
12-30-00, 12:51 AM
Do they make such a thing as a Slot 1 proccesor thermal monitor? Like a probe? I think I heard somewhere that it is built into the proccesor and I also heard that they sell those seperate but I can't find any! Something is either wrong or I don't have one because my temp registers at like 150 deg F.!!! And I have a ton of fans in my Full size ATX tower. I have a heatsink and 2 fans on the PIII itself. The programs that said that were Si Soft Sandra 2001 Pro, my BIOS, and Asus Probe. I am really confused here folks so any help will be appreciated. Thanx

------------------
you'll give smidley the same look a cow gives to an oncoming train.

smaier69
12-30-00, 07:29 PM
yeah, you can get a basic thermal diode/probe at most electronics/compyuter stores. its just a piece of basic wire with a diode on the end of it, and you can put the tip wherever you want. there is usually a connector that will plug into one of the temp sensor headers on your mobo (if you have them. most do, but some - like mine - dont).

i have also seen instructions on how to make your own. its not very difficult, but i would have to browse the net to find the directions again. if somebody else has it or runs across it it would be nice if they would post it. otherwise i will get to it sometime over the weekend.

------------------
"Those who fail to recognize the past are condemned to relive it"

-Jim Jones

smidley
12-31-00, 02:50 PM
Wow! Thanx!

------------------
you'll give smidley the same look a cow gives to an oncoming train.