Bridgestone Dueler A/T 695

or

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo

YARDofSTUF
03-07-08, 05:17 PM
Links?

Prey521
03-07-08, 05:18 PM
Neither, since according to Tire Rack, those are off road tires. Should be able to find cheaper tires that perform just as well.

YeOldeStonecat
03-07-08, 05:24 PM
Neither, since according to Tire Rack, those are off road tires.

They're both on and off road light truck tires (for small pickups, and small SUVs)...mostly for road though....can handle some light off roading.

Both 50,000 mile tires...although the Revo is stated to be made of better rubber compound...longer treadwear life. For just a couple of bucks more.

knightmare
03-07-08, 05:24 PM
P235/70R16 104S Bridgestone® Dueler A/T™ 695
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=388104
http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0040620792779_L4.jpg

Brent
03-07-08, 05:34 PM
Neither, since according to Tire Rack, those are off road tires. Should be able to find cheaper tires that perform just as well.

They are both on/off road A/T tires.

Brent
03-07-08, 05:36 PM
The Revo is more expensive, the 695 will save me money. I've read some reviews on Tirerack though that say the Revo wears down quickly and once it gets to a certain level, like 20,000 miles on it, it no longer has any snow traction. Any truth to this?

The 695 would save me about $100, but would the Revo really be better for the terrain I'll be in?

Ugh, decisions decisions

Prey521
03-07-08, 05:45 PM
Ah, I see, cool. They're both pretty well rated. I'm not a fan of white letters on the sidewall, they're a pain to keep clean. I'd save the money and go with the 695. It's a Rav4, you're not going to do any real offroading anyway. :D

YeOldeStonecat
03-07-08, 05:46 PM
The Revo is more expensive, the 695 will save me money. I've read some reviews on Tirerack though that say the Revo wears down quickly and once it gets to a certain level, like 20,000 miles on it

I was reading that the Revo had a longer tread wear rating. Based on experience I think all Bridgestones wear rather quickly.

YARDofSTUF
03-07-08, 05:53 PM
The tread on the 695 looks good, I think Im too biased as a passenger car tripletred owner to be objective, seeing the forsta(sp) tripletred makes me want to jump at and scream that.

Brent
03-07-08, 05:57 PM
What about Michelin LTX A/T 2 ?

Randy
03-07-08, 05:59 PM
Links?

you would think after 9 years... nm

YARDofSTUF
03-07-08, 06:02 PM
I like the michelins too.

Brent
03-07-08, 06:04 PM
what about

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor

YARDofSTUF
03-07-08, 06:15 PM
I think I like the michelin more than the wrangler.

Brent
03-07-08, 06:20 PM
I'm very indecisive aren't I

I appreciate all the help

knightmare
03-07-08, 07:13 PM
I'm very indecisive aren't I

I appreciate all the help

Dude go with the 695......:thumb: , you will get 5 years easy, by then you might want another ride...

Brent
03-07-08, 07:47 PM
Dude go with the 695......:thumb: , you will get 5 years easy, by then you might want another ride...

Yeah, I probably will, it will save me $100 compared to the Revo's.

Humboldt
03-07-08, 08:30 PM
Why spend the extra money for off-road tires when your vehicle probably won't make it off the pavement?

I saw your other thread and know you're looking for control in cold eastern weather but seems there are other tires that'll offer that without spending money for extra rubber you won't need.

Same decision I've faced every time I buy tires but I travel some really poor gravel roads and mean to get off-road every weekend (but rarely do).

Brent
03-07-08, 08:43 PM
Why spend the extra money for off-road tires when your vehicle probably won't make it off the pavement?

I saw your other thread and know you're looking for control in cold eastern weather but seems there are other tires that'll offer that without spending money for extra rubber you won't need.

Same decision I've faced every time I buy tires but I travel some really poor gravel roads and mean to get off-road every weekend (but rarely do).

What would you suggest then?

CableDude
03-07-08, 09:08 PM
Didn't we have a thread about this?

Humboldt
03-07-08, 11:09 PM
What would you suggest then?
No specific models but I posted in your other thread about how well I liked my Dunlops. Those were pretty beefy though, just a brand thumbs up.

Similar vehicles.

Every time I've looked at tires in the past 15 years with my Pathfinder I've looked at the road tires and the road/off tires. Have used both. Depending on where I'm living I've seen much better handling and efficiency/milage with good street tires. Better puncture resistance with the modest off-road tires but worse milage and handling. In the snow I think you can find good treads with either type.

Good call on the move to Boone:thumb: Beautiful area, IMO equal to the excellent redwoods/ferns/ocean area I live. Grew up spending summers in the Blue Ridge and miss the area. Lots of friends in Boone.

Brent
03-07-08, 11:10 PM
No specific models but I posted in your other thread about how well I liked my Dunlops. Those were pretty beefy though, just a brand.

Similar vehicles.

Every time I've looked at tires in the past 15 years with my Pathfinder I've looked at the road tires and the road/off tires. Have used both. Depending on where I'm living I've seen much better handling and efficiency/milage with good street tires. Better puncture resistance with the modest off-road tires but worse milage and handling. In the snow I think you can find good treads with either type.

Good call on the move to Boone:thumb: Beautiful area, IMO equal to the excellent redwoods/ferns/ocean area I live. Grew up spending summers in the Blue Ridge and miss the area. Lots of friends in Boone.

Yeah, I use to live there, graduated from HS there.

knightmare
03-08-08, 12:59 AM
Didn't we have a thread about this?

Yeah if he makes another tire thread/tread (which should have been in Automotive), I'm giving him a red one....

YeOldeStonecat
03-08-08, 08:23 AM
what about

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor

:nope: Usually see Goodyear Wranglers on Jeeps from the dealership. Horrible tires...when I was in 4x4 clubs....when the new people came to their first Jeep runs with the Goodyears on...the veterans always said "If you want to offroad...get rid of those ASAP". Weak sidewalls prone to ripping/rupturing. Wear quickly. Just not durable tires.

CableDude
03-08-08, 08:27 AM
Yeah if he makes another tire thread/tread (which should have been in Automotive), I'm giving him a red one....

:rotfl: