PDA

View Full Version : 08 dodge minivan?

nightowl
02-23-08, 03:36 PM
I am at that time of life. I am going to have to trade in my SUV for a minivan sooner then later :( .

Anybody know if the dodge mini vans are any good?

opinions/suggestions?

JAFO
02-26-08, 09:09 AM
I drove a Dodge Caravan for a few years as a company vehicle and I did not like it at all. It felt cheap, underpowered and did not have many options. Also spent quite a bit of time in the shop. It was just a regular van, not a stripped down "Fleet" type vehicle.
When I got rid of the Dodge, I got a Ford Winstar and I really liked it (for a minivan). Loaded with options, tons of power (had it up to 130 mph in the desert of New Mexico fully loaded with equipment) and not in the shop one time. Problem is I don't think they make them any more. :(
If you can afford it, the Honda Odyssey is great (for a minivan) but a bit pricey at around $26,000 US for a base model. I have never driven one, but I checked one out at a car show, and have several relatives who own them and they all love their Odyssey.

Bastid
02-27-08, 06:18 PM
I am at that time of life. I am going to have to trade in my SUV for a minivan sooner then later :( .

Anybody know if the dodge mini vans are any good?

opinions/suggestions?

ive always wondered why? my suburban will haul just as many people plus cargo... unless fuel economy is the culprit... so why trade down?