PDA

View Full Version : BIG TIME PROBLEMS WITH MOUSE!!!!! SO MAD!!!!

Omnipressive
12-24-00, 11:29 PM
I just removed a Logitech Optical Wheelmouse from my PC, and reverted back to my Microsoft Wheelmouse that I originally used... BUT

here comes trouble, make it double!

WELL.. As some of you know, Optical mice lose their 'accuracy' when you move the mouse fastly. If you move it left, really fast, it would jitter all around the screen in all directions for a few seconds.

Well.. for that reason, I removed the optical Logitech mouse.. and uninstalled the software for it.

Then, I plugged in my PS2 Microsoft Wheelmouse and all seems fine in Windows, but when I go back into ANY games, it does the SAME thing that the optical mouse does, as far as 'jittering' but 10 times worse!!!

PLEASE, I BEG ANYONE!!! HELP ME!!!!

I've deleted all, if not 99.9% of anything referring to the Logitech mouse from my registry already, because their LAME uninstall didn't do it for me...

That of course, didn't solve anything..

Could it be a matter of refresh rate detection on the mouse?? (dpi)

OR... could it be a driver issue?

Since the MS mouse has no drivers, I'm kind of up a creek here.

THANKS in advanced.

------------------
-mAtt

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the mist of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."

Hell_Yes
12-25-00, 12:11 AM
Microsoft optical mice work fine... At least the three I own.
Maybe the acceleration should be turned off.

Try http://www.microsoft.com/downloads
Look up driver for your mouse... I do believe there was a driver disk for the wheel mouse...

good luck,
david

-Knine-
12-25-00, 08:21 PM
I use the microsoft optical mouse and it jittered when i moved it fast. read somewhere that the more reflective the surface the mouse is on the less acurate it is so i replaced my mouse pad with one that was a dark color to absorb the light and no more jitters

Crimson
12-25-00, 08:38 PM
im still using an old fashioned rollerball 2 button mouse. For some reason with quake or UT, optical mouses dont like jump spinning around real fast and you get capped=]

[This message has been edited by Crimson (edited 12-25-2000).]

Omnipressive
12-27-00, 02:39 AM
true dat Crimson.

I play Quake 2 Rail only OSP, and the "No fast turn" thing wasn't exactly helping me.

Now, I have balls again. Mouse Balls that is.
=)

------------------
-mAtt

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the mist of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."