PDA

View Full Version : I have the clue for all my problems ... read this-->

Thor Walez
12-21-00, 03:00 PM
Hi to all!
Remebering me?! ... YES!!!
I am the only one who "had" the f...... problems with my hardware upgrade.
The problem was: ... gimme a little cheering --> My LAN Ethernet Card *kewl* It causes all the problems and system hangs! I threw it away and now it works perfectly. It had an "intel-chip" on it (--> cost US$50 for a 10/100 MBit *lmao*) and I do not know which one, perhaps I will look later!

I can "also" OC my AMD now --> *wow*

Why can this be?! May it took damage while OC to 111FSB I think not!!! I donīt interest me the main thing is that I have a stabile system now for "low" budget.

Thanks to thee my lords for your advises http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

Cheers,
Thor Walez

glc1
12-21-00, 03:37 PM
Did you try the NIC in a different slot?

It could be defective.

smidley
12-21-00, 03:39 PM
I had that same problem too! I suggest to everyone to boycott Intel Network cards! lol.
I get very bad lag when using that card. I rebuild my entire system and found that card to be the problem. That is the card that they sent me when I got DSL. I got another Diamond Multimedia card for free and it is way better and faster!

------------------
you'll give smidley the same look a cow gives to an oncoming train.

glc1
12-21-00, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by smidley:
I rebuild my entire system and found that card to be the problem. That is the card that they sent me when I got DSL. What model was it? I've got all Intel Pro/100 S Management NICs and haven't had any problems. There as good as 3Com's NICs, if not better. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

BOWTYE8
12-21-00, 04:36 PM
Hmm
I just built my new computer and it was booting pretty fast . I installed the nic card and it pauses for like a extra miniute now on boot up. this came with my DSL modem as well. A kingston 10/100 .

glc1
12-21-00, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by BOWTYE8:
Hmm
I just built my new computer and it was booting pretty fast . I installed the nic card and it pauses for like a extra miniute now on boot up. this came with my DSL modem as well. A kingston 10/100 .All NICs will add boot time.

Is the NIC currently attached to your DSL modem? If so, is the NIC setup dynamically or statically?

[This message has been edited by glc1 (edited 12-21-2000).]

Thor Walez
12-22-00, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by glc1:
Did you try the NIC in a different slot?

It could be defective.

Indeed on my ASUS A7V and ABIT KT7-RAID in nearly every PCI slot

Crimson
12-22-00, 01:52 PM
Bowtye-nice vets, anyway, my system "hung" too after i installed the NIC b/c for some reason it likes to conflict with IRQ's, in my case the soundcard. Once I took care of the IRQ's it booted up lightning fast again. No beeps or blk screens http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif
you getting any errors when you boot?

Thor Walez
12-22-00, 02:50 PM
nope!
Sometimes it looked like if I OC it too much --> black screen no monitor signal ... but FSB@100 everything normal?!

Now I have my old REALTEK 10MBit ...
:)==)

C-ya

Loch-nar
12-22-00, 03:23 PM
is there any way to disable the NIC without yeanking it out?, my roomate moved out so my 'LAN' is gone, hence the NIC isn't needed....

Hardfloor
12-22-00, 10:18 PM
I have the same card as glc1 and also have had no problems, except for when I first installed it in the pci slot next to the agp slot. Lockups consistently. It is a good nic.

glc1
12-23-00, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Loch-nar:
is there any way to disable the NIC without yeanking it out?, my roomate moved out so my 'LAN' is gone, hence the NIC isn't needed....If your not going to use it, it's best to remove it. It will occupy an IRQ and PCI slot while it's installed in your PC.

Storm90
12-24-00, 06:26 PM
It's possible you just goy a bad nic. I know when I bought my frist three com . It did the same thing so I pulled it out took it back where I bought it and they replaced. Have not had a problem sense. If the card had a lifetime warrenty on it like mine dose you could write them and send the old card to them and they will replace it with a new one.