PDA

View Full Version : Intellimouse Explorer probs in games

Battleship
04-18-00, 09:49 PM
K, here's the prob. I'm running Win2k with an Explorer mouse, in the games Unreal Tourney and Quake 3 I get mouse lag, pauses, and some times my mouse buttons seem to stick when I shoot causing the guns to continuosly fire even when I'm not pressing the buttons. It happens in both games but is more persistent in Quake 3 making it pretty much unplayable. I should also point out that otherwise my frame rate is great. I am using the latest drivers from microsoft and the mouse works great in windows desktop. I am currently using the USB connector but have tried ps2 as well but still the same prob. Anyone else seen these problems? I have all the latest patches for both games.
Heres my specs:
Celeron@541 Mhz
Abit be6
V3 3500
SB Live
128 megs ram
13.6 gig Quantum Fireball in ATA66 mode
3Com 3C509 NIC for @Home
BTW, I know there is another topuc similar but my prob only happens in UT and Q3.

[This message has been edited by Battleship (edited 04-18-2000).]

LoachDuke
04-19-00, 08:04 AM
Hey Battleship,

Put 98 back on and wait for Millenium. If you want to play games, then leave W2K in the box. If you want to run a website server, database, or graphics station use it.

All you eager beavers and tech junkies are far to confident in MS. How can you not believe that W2K has these types of bugs in it?

Anyhow, it's good to see that Ottawa won one, and will make for a killer series. I don't really care who wins that series or any other for that matter. I just like a good hockey game.

Fixxer
04-19-00, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't listen to LoachDuke here.. I'm running win2k on a K6-2 450 with 96mb of ram and Q3A runs perfectly. I'm not sure what could be causing this but I find that the mouse lags at os startup because the hdd is being heavly accessed, are you caching alot in the game? Have you tried a reinstall of UT or Q3A? Have you tried other mice?

Battleship
04-19-00, 10:03 PM
Thx guys, im starting to think I might either have a defective mouse or maybe my power supply is going a little flakey. I know that a dying power supply can give you weird problems. Im gonna try another type of mouse. I was wondering if any other people had these probs with the Intellimouse explorer. So I could say that it is in fact a driver prob in win2k.

BTW, the SENS won another 1 against the leafs tonight! All tied up now, I went to the first game in Ottawa and it was sweet, the Corel Center is sooooo loud.

LoachDuke
04-20-00, 08:11 AM
Hey Battleship,

I used to have all kinds of problems with MS mice. Get a logitech 3 button serial mouse(shaped like a foot). I think they even have a USB model for gamers, its dark grey.

Your score will go up and your hands will thank you for it. Logitech makes the best input peripherals. Just like Sony makes the best monitors. Thats just what I think though.

Fixxer
04-20-00, 10:09 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree again http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

hands will thank you for it

my explorer is so comfortable if I'm just doin light surfing (checking forums) my hand actually falls asleep..