PDA

View Full Version : An easy way to partition?!?!?!?!

striderf1
10-23-00, 09:01 PM
I was just doing some win98 tweaking in hexworkshop and i and i almost lost everything... almost had to reinstall win98 and i realized that prey told me i could make a 2nd partition (even though my hd is only 10gig) and backup all my important files on there. Man prey your a genious, but i would like some help with that. I don't know how to partition a hd, although i have heard of of proggies like partition majic but i haven't been able to get a copy of it (if anyone wants to hook me my email is striderf1@houston.rr.com and my icq is 77099969) but since i don't have that *yet* is there any other semi-easy way to do it without reformatting my hd?

ssjDoh
10-23-00, 09:48 PM
If you're willing to format again, I made a nice guide to formatting and partitioning...I saved it on notepad if anyone else needed it.....just tell me if you're going that route.

striderf1
10-23-00, 09:55 PM
Thanks anyway, i'll remember it if i decide to format, but right now i'm trying to stay away from that if possible.

------------------
"God works a miracle every now and then ; behold, a lawyer an honest man!" Benjamin Franklin

Zporttech
10-23-00, 10:02 PM
If you are not going to format I suggest going with PartitionMagic. You can read about it at www.powerquest.com (http://www.powerquest.com) .

I have been using it for awhile now and it works really well.......

------------------
Steve
www.zport.com

Prey521
10-23-00, 11:55 PM
Hey Stride,

Drop me line on ICQ homey http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/biggrin.gif.

jinglipuff
10-24-00, 11:31 PM
cross my finger if this would help. "Maybe" you don't have to reformat or do those partition. It happened to me before, but then I just had to use the cab file to recover.
start your computer, press F8, then choose "Command Prompt ONLY"
TYPE cd w98.cab
setup windows(just say yes/enter)
this way the window will go through setup again, you will NOT loose any of your files