PDA

View Full Version : Fan controller/Thermal sensors

Izzo
06-11-07, 10:05 PM
I'm curious as to who uses them and where you put your sensor for your CPU....I've done plenty of reading but I'd still like more input on this....I've got a lian li 3.5in fan controller/temp monitor I'm gonna throw in....

I've read answers from placing them under the chip and running the wires through the pins to just off to one of the sides of the CPU but not directly on it obviously due to the heat sink.....and in the fins of the heat sink (this seems stupid to me )

sooo...thoughts/opinions

Rivas
06-11-07, 10:28 PM
The Vapochill has build in temp monitor/sensor, and you can see on the display whats the current temperature.Mine is usually 33-35 degree celsia negative.
It monitors temperature from the top of your cpu(thats where the sensor is located), you can also connect 5 sensors and connect them to Vapochill motherboard and monitor temperatures in your case.

Izzo
06-11-07, 10:32 PM
The Vapochill has build in temp monitor/sensor, and you can see on the display whats the current temperature.Mine is usually 33-35 degree celsia negative.
It monitors temperature from the top of your cpu(thats where the sensor is located), you can also connect 5 sensors and connect them to Vapochill motherboard and monitor temperatures in your case.

ya, the 680i sensor is right underneath the cpu but that's built in to the board... can it be place there ....

Sava700
06-11-07, 10:50 PM
I stuck my CPU censor right to the side of the water block..its pretty accurate there as long as its connected to a point of metal like the HSF

Izzo
06-11-07, 10:51 PM
I stuck my CPU censor right to the side of the water block..its pretty accurate there as long as its connected to a point of metal like the HSF

care to take a pic for me?

Sava700
06-11-07, 10:58 PM
care to take a pic for me?

if you really want one I can... but just take a pc of scotch take and stick the sucker to the size of the HSF or block that mounts to the top of the CPU.. it should pick up pretty darn close to what the mobo is reading.. but yeah if you want I can try to take one.

Izzo
06-11-07, 10:59 PM
if you really want one I can... but just take a pc of scotch take and stick the sucker to the size of the HSF or block that mounts to the top of the CPU.. it should pick up pretty darn close to what the mobo is reading.. but yeah if you want I can try to take one.

ok...i get what you're sayin... the top part of the heatsink where it attaches to the cpu...right?

Sava700
06-11-07, 11:00 PM
ok...i get what you're sayin... the top part of the heatsink where it attaches to the cpu...right?

well I wouldn't attach to the top of the blades.. I'd stick it right on the side of the base as close to the CPU as possible.

YARDofSTUF
06-11-07, 11:01 PM
I wouldnt mount it to the top of the cpu core, CPU, thermal paste, heatsink/waterblock, nothing else, get good heat transfer.

Izzo
06-11-07, 11:04 PM
I wouldnt mount it to the top of the cpu core, CPU, thermal paste, heatsink/waterblock, nothing else, get good heat transfer.

oh for sure....never on top...on the intel chip i got it has a lip on it just lower than the top of the cpu...i was thinkin right there because it's still kinda on top but not blocking and transfer of heat.

Sava700
06-11-07, 11:06 PM
I'm only off by maybe a degree from the boards reading with my case reading from where I stuck mine right to the side of the round water block on the CPU.. worked perfect just used a little scotch tape and stuck it right to it! :thumb:

Izzo
06-11-07, 11:17 PM
I'm only off by maybe a degree from the boards reading with my case reading from where I stuck mine right to the side of the round water block on the CPU.. worked perfect just used a little scotch tape and stuck it right to it! :thumb:

ok ...i got an idea of where to put it...thanks