PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Guys.. Power supply / MoBo Issue

FunK
06-04-07, 05:56 PM
Just got an ASUS M2N-E SLI and an Xfinity 600W PSU.

Anyway, the damn thing won't post.. This isn't realy the board I went to Tiger Direct for. They didn't have the one I was after in-stock and it was cheaper by 100 bucks so... I got it and not sure that was a good idea...

Question. This thing has a 24 pin EATX power connector on the MoBo AND it has a 4 pin 12V connector....

Question, do I need a PSU that has both?

I have a PSU that has a 24 pin and then there is a 8 pin "EPS" connector but not another 4 pin...

The 24 pin "breaks off" 4 pins but it seems that since I have a 24 connector mobo, I would need 24 pins and then perhaps another 4 pin???

I'm confused.. If I'm doing this right (24 pin to 24 pin) and nothing in the 4 pin (all the PSU has) then I may have a hardware issue with the mobo..

Basically, I get no lights on power up, everything spins and all fans are running.. No post, no beeps, nothing.. This with only the CPU, Vid, RAM in the mix...

Has ASUS just gone to ****? I haven't EVER had an issue with a board booting up first time..

I should have just ordered the ABIT online... Wanted a PC back up for tonight but GRRRR!

Either I'm stupid or something is broke.. HELP!

Unholy
06-04-07, 07:06 PM
The 8-pin connector is basically like two seperate 4-pin connectors in one. You can just plug in one side into the 4-pin connector on the mobo. It's made so that 8-pin cable can only fit one way so if it doesn't go in without force you putting it in wrong.

FunK
06-04-07, 09:06 PM
The 8-pin connector is basically like two seperate 4-pin connectors in one. You can just plug in one side into the 4-pin connector on the mobo. It's made so that 8-pin cable can only fit one way so if it doesn't go in without force you putting it in wrong.

Actually, I had tried half of the 8 ping and it didn't work.. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to post but it eventually did..

Thanks
Up and running... Checking out Vista but just rebooted and now I have a "boot disk failure"... Was up and running for a while though.. I'll figure it out..

Brent
06-04-07, 09:31 PM
you can get an adapter to provide the 12v plugin, i recommend it

boot disk faliure means there is no boot drive, check connections on your hdd, install an OS

YARDofSTUF
06-06-07, 02:23 PM
If I boot with my thumb drive in, I'll get the boot disk failure thing too.

Any updates?