A_old
05-25-07, 11:05 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7448

Brent
05-25-07, 11:25 PM
:(

Sava700
05-25-07, 11:36 PM
hmm I really don't think this will be a big issue.. its still going to be the same products and this might help out OCZ to get better power supplys as well.

A_old
05-26-07, 12:11 AM
i like OCZ, but hopefully the buyout doesn't screw PC&C's quality up.. i think they'll do well together.

Shagster
05-26-07, 01:23 AM
Two high quality companies are merging. Oh Noes!!!! *runs away from industry forever*

YARDofSTUF
05-26-07, 02:25 AM
This was unexpected.

lonewolfz28
05-26-07, 03:04 AM
At least OCZ has cleaned up their rep before buying PCP&C. If this had happened a couple years ago I would've been worried. Now it actually makes sense since it'll allow PCP&C to get back to developing quiet, reliable power supplies. That's where they made their initial mark in the segment. They've been passed in the quiet department by a couple manufacturers. The quality is still high. It'd be nice if this will allow them to get back to being able to do both.:cool:

goobee
05-26-07, 02:09 PM
At least OCZ has cleaned up their rep before buying PCP&C. If this had happened a couple years ago I would've been worried. Now it actually makes sense since it'll allow PCP&C to get back to developing quiet, reliable power supplies. That's where they made their initial mark in the segment. They've been passed in the quiet department by a couple manufacturers. The quality is still high. It'd be nice if this will allow them to get back to being able to do both.:cool:

Yep, OCZ's practices were definitely questionable at best a few years back. I bought some OCZ ram from an on-line vendor and found out after removing the ram sinks that the chips were overclocked. Contacted the vendor and they referred me to OCZ who promptly referred me back to the vendor. I called up Visa and they gave me my money back after I filed a dispute. :wth:

YeOldeStonecat
05-29-07, 06:14 AM
Yep, OCZ's practices were definitely questionable at best a few years back. I bought some OCZ ram from an on-line vendor and found out after removing the ram sinks that the chips were overclocked. C

It was worse than that a few more years back....claimed they made their own RAM, found they were re-labeling second tier sticks made by someone else as their own. Too much shadey stuff in the past, damage is done as far as I'm concerned, I'll never spend a dime on their name.

Shagster
05-29-07, 08:50 AM
A lot of ram is factory overclocked when you get it. The micron D9 chips are rated at 400mhz and lower. They are the chips found in pretty much all ram rated over 400mhz. It's not a dishonest thing to do. The companies get it, tweak it, and release it at a higher rated speed / latencies.

YARDofSTUF
05-29-07, 09:10 AM
A lot of ram is factory overclocked when you get it. The micron D9 chips are rated at 400mhz and lower. They are the chips found in pretty much all ram rated over 400mhz. It's not a dishonest thing to do. The companies get it, tweak it, and release it at a higher rated speed / latencies.

Yup.

YARDofSTUF
05-29-07, 09:11 AM
It was worse than that a few more years back....claimed they made their own RAM, found they were re-labeling second tier sticks made by someone else as their own. Too much shadey stuff in the past, damage is done as far as I'm concerned, I'll never spend a dime on their name.

I dont think those are the current owners.

YeOldeStonecat
05-29-07, 09:18 AM
I dont think those are the current owners.

I know, but it's too late. Hard to scrape all the dog sh|t from your shoes.

Brent
05-29-07, 11:11 AM
I know, but it's too late. Hard to scrape all the dog sh|t from your shoes.

Exactly