PDA

View Full Version : what can i take out my regestry?

striderf1
10-12-00, 07:15 AM
this is what i currently have in my regestry, what can i take out thats not crucial to the system running?
scan regestry
system tray
loadpowerprofile
pointer
loadm-soft intelletype pro
loadpowerprofile
adobe gamma loader.exe

Prey521
10-12-00, 02:06 PM
Aside from the Adobe gamme laoder and pointer (What is pointer BTW), everything else pretty much belongs there. If you disable the Intelletype Pro driver, you might lose some features of your extra Hot Key keyboard functions.

striderf1
10-12-00, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Prey521:
If you disable the Intelletype Pro driver, you might lose some features of your extra Hot Key keyboard functions.
thats what i was thinking too. My pointer is a Microsoft Internet Optical mouse (the big grey one with a bunch of buttons and a red brake light)

joker12578
10-20-00, 05:21 PM
I have removed all items but system tray in mine, but IM running a $hitty @ss cyrix 300.
And to puke some more its a packardbell. You can remove all and it shouldn't give you any probs. Everytime I goto a bestbuy or something I look at the computers and there a mess, have 20 programs running. Yea, or there's that one computer in that one store IM not going to say names. We called it the bomb and not be/c it was good but be/c I took the winini and movie it to system ini and system ini to winini. IM sure it was the bomb after they restarted it.
THE TIP OF THE DAY:
Dont buy the amd case stick ons. Buy a parkard bell one. IF someone brakes into your house your amd will be gone inless you have a packard bell stick on.