PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Starts Banning 360s on LIVE - MS Confirms

pinguinosupremo
05-17-07, 06:51 PM
Microsoft Starts Banning 360s on LIVE - MS Confirms
With the amount of posts we see on our forums ... it's clear, Microsoft decided to start banning Xbox360 with modified firmwares today.
While it's the same release date as Halo3 beta, it seems that people who didn't download Halo3 also get banned.
Also users with the disc-jitter added get banned, so it looks like Microsoft found another way to detect it.
Just like on Xbox1 it seems Microsoft bans the console unique ID, not the LIVE user.

http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/banned/cimg0452ir3.jpg

Update: This was just posted on Microsoft's Games Global Marketing team blog:

One of the great things about LIVE and the unified community is that we work hard to create a level playing field for all gamers and have a no tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior like hacking or cheating. As part of our commitment to our members, we do not allow people that we have detected to have modified their console to connect to LIVE. This is an important part of our efforts to try and maintain a fair gaming environment for the large majority of gamers that play by the rules. This topic is more important than ever given the recent release of the Halo 3 beta. As a result, some consumers that try to login to LIVE who we detect have illegally modified their console will get an error code (Status Code: Z: 8015 - 190D) when trying to connect to the service. These users will not have their account automatically banned from LIVE, but they will no longer be able to access the service from the console they modified.

We have stated in the past that customers can only enjoy access to the Xbox LIVE community through the use of a genuine, unmodified, Xbox console and we will continue to enforce this rule to ensure the integrity of our service, the protection of our partners and the benefits of our users.

Rivas
05-17-07, 07:03 PM
Well good luck.
They will loose 60% of XBOX LIVE users.
They better not ban me I will sue their ass off.

pinguinosupremo
05-17-07, 07:08 PM
so basically all this talk about not being able to detect the firmware is.. as penn and teller say it.. "BULLSH*T!"..

and it's xbox 360 consoles they ban.. not accounts.. and by the way.. my consoles already been banned..

Rivas
05-17-07, 07:11 PM
Not banned.

I dont understand one thing ...people who own the games and they do backups ...the games over here are $75 taxes included, so yeah I rather do 1 backup in case something will happend to my 75 bucks game (scratches, broken cd by accident, cant find my cd ...and the list goes on) and they start banning people ...wtf :confused:

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 07:11 PM
Well good luck.
They will loose 60% of XBOX LIVE users.
They better not ban me I will sue their ass off.

You cant sue them.

How do you even start that case? I'm suing because I violated my user agreement and they reprimanded me. :rotfl:

It was only a matter of time. I'm sure it should help reduce cheating for the moment too, thats always a plus.

Rivas
05-17-07, 07:12 PM
so basically all this talk about not being able to detect the firmware is.. as penn and teller say it.. "BULLSH*T!"..

and it's xbox 360 consoles they ban.. not accounts.. and by the way.. my consoles already been banned..

I told you they ban consoles and not LIVE accounts.

pinguinosupremo
05-17-07, 07:12 PM
how does a hacked firmware incite cheating?

Rivas
05-17-07, 07:13 PM
You cant sue them.

How do you even start that case? I'm suing because I violated my user agreement and they reprimanded me. :rotfl:

It was only a matter of time. I'm sure it should help reduce cheating for the moment too, thats always a plus.

You dont even have a console.
What I do with my games what i BOUGHT is my own business as long as I dont put them online or share with friends.
I dont see violating user agreement at all.

Rivas
05-17-07, 07:14 PM

Watch out ...SG POLICE :p

pinguinosupremo
05-17-07, 07:38 PM
I told you they ban consoles and not LIVE accounts.

I was playing on the "What if" card.. just wanted to be safe was all.. me no want to lose my live account.. i like my live account.. so many friends..

and my main point was mainly towards..

Rivas
05-17-07, 07:43 PM
I was playing on the "What if" card.. just wanted to be safe was all.. me no want to lose my live account.. i like my live account.. so many friends..

and my main point was mainly towards..

lol one liar down but still many people don't have a modded system such as myself.

EDIT: by the my is acctually one that they sent to me refurbished

Everyone stop flaming and instead do this the effective way. What we should do is start by calling Microsoft and canceling your account then call your friends and tell them to do the same. then they will call there friends and so on in the end Microsoft will only have there employees and hardcore Halo 3 noobs online and will have no option but to remove the banning of millions of account. BASICALLY A GIANT BOYCOTT CALL AND CANCEL. ask for the year refund to. people that got banned aren't modder they just have a modded system we still pay for XBOX LIVE. BOYCOTT CALL AND CANCEL

some people are even getting banned for no reason M$ *** up

1-800-4-MY-XBOX

BUMP <------continue to bump this!!!

source: xbox-scene boards

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 07:49 PM

Just a theory as I dont know MS' cheat protection stuff, but a hacked firmware could make it easier to make cheats with.

pinguinosupremo
05-17-07, 07:54 PM
Just a theory as I dont know MS' cheat protection stuff, but a hacked firmware could make it easier to make cheats with.

I still don't know where you keep getting these ideas, all it does it let us play copies of games and thats about it, there's nothing to it, it's just that.

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:00 PM
You dont even have a console.
What I do with my games what i BOUGHT is my own business as long as I dont put them online or share with friends.
I dont see violating user agreement at all.

I'm pretty sure MS has the line in there somewhere about no modifing or tampering with it, just like in the warranty.

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:02 PM
I still don't know where you keep getting these ideas, all it does it let us play copies of games and thats about it, there's nothing to it, it's just that.

I'm not just thinking of what it allows now. Im thinking of future possibilites.

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure MS has the line in there somewhere about no modifing or tampering with it, just like in the warranty.

Proof ?
Making game backups you bought is not modifing.

+ THEY ARE BANNING PEOPLE THAT DIDNT EVEN OPEN THE CONSOLE, SO EXPLAIN IT TO ME PLEASE SO WE ALL CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON.

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:16 PM
I'm not just thinking of what it allows now. Im thinking of future possibilites.

Like what ?

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:20 PM
Like what ?

To allow people to use apps like trainers while the games are running like on PCs

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:23 PM
Proof ?
Making game backups you bought is not modifing.

+ THEY ARE BANNING PEOPLE THAT DIDNT EVEN OPEN THE CONSOLE, SO EXPLAIN IT TO ME PLEASE SO WE ALL CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON.

I'm not talking about making game backups, that violates the games license agreement, but thats shady ground.

I'm saying I think its against MS' EULA to modify the xbox 360, not jsut physically, but also with illegitimate firmware.

I cant find a copy of the EULA online though.

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:27 PM
I'm not talking about making game backups, that violates the games license agreement, but thats shady ground.

I'm saying I think its against MS' EULA to modify the xbox 360, not jsut physically, but also with illegitimate firmware.

I cant find a copy of the EULA online though.

I'm talking about banned users who didnt do game backups (just to be clear you cant play game backup without flashing your firmware).

Well Yard ..You think ...I think it's illegal banning users who didnt do anything wrong, they paid for service, didnt touch their gaming console and they got ban, dont you think ?

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:30 PM
I'm talking about banned users who didnt do game backups (just to be clear you cant play game backup without flashing your firmware).

Well Yard ..You think ...I think it's illegal banning users who didnt do anything wrong, they paid for service, didnt touch their gaming console and they got ban, dont you think ?

Did these users that got banned install a different firmware?

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:31 PM
Did these users that got banned install a different firmware?

Of course not, thats my point.

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:34 PM
Of course not, thats my point.

Well then that sounds like an issue MS needs to fix, the article penguino copied didnt mention that and either way that still doesnt give YOU a leg to stand on in a court case. Them maybe, if MS doesnt do anything about false positives.

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:36 PM

you didnt even flash your drive with new firmware, there you go ...also there are no reports that users with new firmware got banned ...
The most interesting thing is they are banning users that didnt touch their consoles at all.

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:40 PM
Well then that sounds like an issue MS needs to fix, the article penguino copied didnt mention that and either way that still doesnt give YOU a leg to stand on in a court case. Them maybe, if MS doesnt do anything about false positives.

It doesnt give me a leg ?

I bought console + all the accessories.
Never touched my console.
Bought all my games.
Bought XBOX LIVE.
Bought 15 000 MS points.
Total value ....$3000

Got banned for no reason.

And it doesnt give me a LEG ?
Sure it does.

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:49 PM
It doesnt give me a leg ?

I bought console + all the accessories.
Never touched my console.
Bought all my games.
Bought XBOX LIVE.
Bought 15 000 MS points.
Total value ....$3000

Got banned for no reason.

And it doesnt give me a LEG ?
Sure it does.

You modified your Xbox by using a different firmware.

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:50 PM
Sounds like this is some type of Live bug.

I'm thinking that they just stated to ban users with modded systems but have what ever settings it looks at to broad. From what I understand it has to do with disc jitter or something. Well even a retail disc with minor scratch can show high reading like a burned disc.

Hopefull they will get on this problem ASAP before this really hits the press. I know within a few days, if this isnt fixed you will see little Timmy and his mom on the news talking about his banned xbox that has never been tampered with.

This is not the kind of press XBOX needs.

haha

Rivas
05-17-07, 08:52 PM
You modified your Xbox by using a different firmware.

Proof ?

And if you say so why I'm not banned ?

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 08:56 PM
Proof ?

And if you say so why I'm not banned ?

Your right I'm just assuming you did because of all the modding posts you've made and because you bought the Zoom thing.

Rivas
05-17-07, 09:07 PM
Your right I'm just assuming you did because of all the modding posts you've made and because you bought the Zoom thing.

Zoom thing ?
What's that.

Just look at the facts ...even if the console is modded they cant, YARD they really cant detect it, if you would like to know more about it go to www.xbox-scene.com
That above post is correct, your 360 is not modded but your cd is scratched or you downloaded demos from different regions = bann.
How the heck people should know where are they downloading it from, it's on xbox live marketplace available for download for everyone.

They are "throwing "net" into dark waters not knowing what they will catch.And yes in case it hits the press it doesnt going to help them.

Sure I did write quite a few posts about modding, nothing wrong with it, it's not against SG TOS, and because I did it doesnt mean I modded my 360. ;)

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 09:11 PM
Xecuter USB thing.

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 09:12 PM
Zoom thing ?
What's that.

Just look at the facts ...even if the console is modded they cant, YARD they really cant detect it, if you would like to know more about it go to www.xbox-scene.com
That above post is correct, your 360 is not modded but your cd is scratched or you downloaded demos from different regions = bann.
How the heck people should know where are they downloading it from, it's on xbox live marketplace available for download for everyone.

They are "throwing "net" into dark waters not knowing what they will catch.And yes in case it hits the press it doesnt going to help them.

Sure I did write quite a few posts about modding, nothing wrong with it, it's not against SG TOS, and because I did it doesnt mean I modded my 360. ;)

SG TOS has nothing to do with this. How can you be so sure they cant? The article said they are bannign for DVD jitter and firmware.

Rivas
05-17-07, 09:15 PM
Xecuter USB thing.

Oh, post I made few months back saying I would like to buy it .....I never bought it. ;)

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 09:17 PM
Regardless(Irregardless for meggie) its my assumption.

Rivas
05-17-07, 09:20 PM
SG TOS has nothing to do with this. How can you be so sure they cant? The article said they are bannign for DVD jitter and firmware.

And what's your point?
Do you work for RIAA? MS ? FBI ?

Do you know at least anything about 360 ?
DO you own one ?
Did you open the console ?

Here is different article, users being banned for not even touching their consoles :

http://forums.xbox.com/3/12539458/ShowPost.aspx#12539458

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 09:23 PM
And what's your point?
Do you work for RIAA? MS ? FBI ?

Do you know at least anything about 360 ?
DO you own one ?
Did you open the console ?

Here is different article, users being banned for not even touching their consoles :

http://forums.xbox.com/3/12539458/ShowPost.aspx#12539458

The 360 is a gaming console POW theres 1 thing!
Do I own one, nope.
Personally I have not.

Yes the jitter thing penguino quoted seems to affect retail discs, that does not mean they cant detect different firmware.

Rivas
05-17-07, 09:29 PM
The 360 is a gaming console POW theres 1 thing!
Do I own one, nope.
Personally I have not.

Yes the jitter thing penguino quoted seems to affect retail discs, that does not mean they cant detect different firmware.

They cant, read article what wrote garyopa.
I think pete even posted it over here (not in this thread).
And no they cant detect different firmware :nope: :nope: :nope:

Gawd they cant detect it, read what I posted above "Well even a retail disc with minor scratch can show high reading like a burned disc."

Anyway I'm going to play 360, have a nice day/evening YARD :thumb:

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 09:32 PM
I read what was posted and what you linked and what you linked says they are panning for firmware as well.

Nothing has been said as to why its not possible for MS to detect the firmware.

Rivas
05-17-07, 09:36 PM
I read what was posted and what you linked and what you linked says they are panning for firmware as well.

Nothing has been said as to why its not possible for MS to detect the firmware.

They are panning for games that never been released yet and HALO3 beta from burned disc's.
It's not the firmware, it's the disc (media).
Even with Crackdown they cant proof anything, my disc got scratch what you are talking about ? but POC at Worlds End, thats some proof and they will be banned forever, that game never been released.

It's like saying I can tell you what kind of computer case you got.:rotfl:

ANyway I'm out.

YARDofSTUF
05-17-07, 09:54 PM
They are panning for games that never been released yet and HALO3 beta from burned disc's.
It's not the firmware, it's the disc (media).
Even with Crackdown they cant proof anything, my disc got scratch what you are talking about ? but POC at Worlds End, thats some proof and they will be banned forever, that game never been released.

It's like saying I can tell you what kind of computer case you got.:rotfl:

ANyway I'm out.

No its liek saying I can tell what kinda firmware(bios) your mobo has on it, and that is possible.

Rivas
05-17-07, 11:53 PM
No its liek saying I can tell what kinda firmware(bios) your mobo has on it, and that is possible.

Hello ?????? We are talking about consoles and not PC's.

And a person shouldn't be banned for tinkering around with their own property.

Joel
05-18-07, 12:07 AM

The lines between consoles and PCs are extremely blurred these days.

+.02

YARDofSTUF
05-18-07, 12:13 AM

Its similar hardware.

Rivas
05-18-07, 12:25 AM
Its similar hardware.

Ya, you are the expert :thumb: :D

Jim
05-18-07, 12:26 AM
A person banned from XBL isn't banned from using their own products. You can still use the machine. Hell, you can still use it online using programs like XBConnect.

When you sign up for Live, you agree to the TOS Microsoft has for it.

You also may not use it in a way that harms us or our affiliates, resellers, distributors, service providers, partners and/or suppliers (collectively, the "Microsoft Parties"), or any customer of a Microsoft Party. Some examples of harmful activity that we do not permit include:

(vii) exploiting any bug, or making unauthorized modifications to any software or data, in the Service or particular game to gain unfair advantage in a game.

You agree that you are using authorized software and hardware to access the Service, and that your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., authorized repairs, upgrades and downloads). Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes either the hardware or software associated with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console or the Service, is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service
Whether you believe it is right or not, this is something everyone clicked "I Agree" to when they first signed onto XBOX Live.

Rivas
05-18-07, 12:27 AM
Ok lets end this, it's like well not arguing but it's going like never ending story.

Wondering what are going to be next MS steps to resolve this issue.

pinguinosupremo
05-18-07, 12:28 AM
you didnt even flash your drive with new firmware, there you go ...also there are no reports that users with new firmware got banned ...
The most interesting thing is they are banning users that didnt touch their consoles at all.

dude.. all over the place.. even the new firmwares are getting banned.. it doesn't matter.. check different sites.. private trackers.. like BCG.. hell pete should be able to tell you that.. we're in the same place.. check the forums.. you'll see that people even with the newest firmware for both hitachi and samsung.

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT...

*runs around in circles in panic*

so banned yet rivas? :p

Rivas
05-18-07, 12:30 AM
When you sign up for Live, you agree to the TOS Microsoft has for it.

Whether you believe it is right or not, this is something everyone clicked "I Agree" to when they first signed onto XBOX Live.

I didnt sign up for XBL and I didnt agree with any TOS.
I didnt get bann.

EOS

Rivas
05-18-07, 12:31 AM
dude.. all over the place.. even the new firmwares are getting banned.. it doesn't matter.. check different sites.. private trackers.. you'll see that people even with the newest firmware for both hitachi and samsung.

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT...

it's going to be fixed ;)

pinguinosupremo
05-18-07, 12:45 AM
for you not for me, I'm not the one crying .... :p

Lies rivas.. you know you were on xblive.. so you had to agree with their bleedin ToS.. and oh yes.. i edited my post up a bit.. you might want to requote..

whoever said I was crying?.. im just really bored now..

YARDofSTUF
05-18-07, 12:50 AM
Ya, you are the expert :thumb: :D

If you can find out one you can find out the other, its not like they had to reinvent the wheel to do it.

Rivas
05-18-07, 12:52 AM
Lies rivas.. you know you were on xblive.. so you had to agree with their bleedin ToS.. and oh yes.. i edited my post up a bit.. you might want to requote..

whoever said I was crying?.. im just really bored now..

I as a person didnt sign up for XBL

And you can see the pressure what am I getting here and people wants me to admit "yes I modded my 360"

You seen my gaming score and games ...I have 6 or 7 games and gaming score below 500, ask Jamie or gameplaya or Rosco ...If my 360 is modded my gaming score would be much higher ..and you know it.It's not like I bought 360 yesterday or 3 months ago.

yah sorry about the banana, you should call them and ask them what's wrong.I would.

Rivas
05-18-07, 01:06 AM
so banned yet rivas? :p

:nope:

I dont download unreleased games like you do guys, (PAL version's rings a bell?) or entering beta from ......

I have 6-7 games listed in my profile you got there 30+ games and 10 000+ gamer points.
+ my 360 isnt modded :p

Playing Halo 3 beta, what about you ? :D

YeOldeStonecat
05-18-07, 06:26 AM

Don't forget...the XBox is basically a PC. You're on the internet, you have a MAC address, and most likely at least another trackable ID or two.

Majority of modding XBox's is to allow downloaded/pirated games.

Whenever a crackdown occurs...there are a few innocents that unfortunately get caught in the "net"....it happens, can't be avoided. Those innocents can blame the hackers for ruining it.

Rivas
05-18-07, 01:23 PM
Don't forget...the XBox is basically a PC. You're on the internet, you have a MAC address, and most likely at least another trackable ID or two.

Majority of modding XBox's is to allow downloaded/pirated games.

Whenever a crackdown occurs...there are a few innocents that unfortunately get caught in the "net"....it happens, can't be avoided. Those innocents can blame the hackers for ruining it.

I know, I know YOSC, but there are also people and they didnt tamper with their consoles and got ban, yes it happens and it's wrong imo.

RoscoPColtrane
05-18-07, 08:13 PM
Just pay for your games like everyone else and you wont' have to worry about it.... :rolleyes:

BTW are they just banning MACs on the console or what? they keep saying the console gets banned....

I didn't feel the need to read all 3 pages btw! :rotfl:

Rivas
05-18-07, 09:18 PM
Just pay for your games like everyone else and you wont' have to worry about it.... :rolleyes:

BTW are they just banning MACs on the console or what? they keep saying the console gets banned....

I didn't feel the need to read all 3 pages btw! :rotfl:

yah no kidding
Serial numbers.

From the reading M$ is getting kick in the butt anyway ..people are buying new consoles and switching them for the banned ones and bringing them back to stores ...Changing case with serial number is 5 min job + they are not even looking at the serial numbers ..

People are banned when they applied the disc jitter after spring update, logged on XBL with original firmware and then updated it to the xtreme one, also people who flashed the bios back to the original after the spring update.

People who logged/signed up into XBL with hacked firmware already on console are not affected and people who flashed/updated their drives before spring update with the disc jitter.

they caught maybe 8000 individuals and 2 millions are laughing at them .....

Rivas
05-22-07, 06:36 AM
>> Here are some details about the Xbox360 LIVE bans I got directly and indirectly from GaryOPA, Commodore4eva (C4E), Iriez and others. Of course don't take any of this info as 100% confirmed, noone knows exactly based on what data MS is banning ... it's just an analysis of what they think is happening and what MS might/can be checking.

C4E thinks MS is probably detecting and banning consoles from LIVE by tracking usage of backups via timing of the challenge response (c/r) on the drive over the last few weeks or months. A modified FW will reply much faster to the the Challenges requests (stored in a table) than an original firmware (seek on drive). They probably do this test more than once and can ban you if you're above a certain average.
FuzzyLogic also found that microsoft is sometimes doing additional checks on discs: PFI/DMI (so images without these sectors (or if using an old FWs without support for PFI/DMI) can probably be detected easily), drive inquiry (reads ascii string from drive), and capacity (reports capacity of disc) are requested. Strange thing here is MS requests 0x8000 bytes for PFI and DMI, while it should normally be 0x0800 bytes. TheSpecialist pointed out that the remaining 0x7800 bytes contains the relocated SS and PFI on burned discs ... which would make it very easy to detect backups for MS. C4E however told us this would not work on TS drives as its cut off to 0800 even if more data is asked, it's unconfirmed how modified HLG FWs drives respond to this atm.
The "read capacity check" will also work as detection on HLG because, unlike the newest TS FWs, it doesn't have true 'stealth media' yet, these drives are reporting back the burned disc based size of PFI instead of the correct PFI.
Apparently there's also an issue with SS (Security Sector) extracted from Hitachi-LG, some necessary data is screwed ... which means that probably only the Toshiba-Samsung / kreon setup has been extracting correct SS.

Another thing they are probably detecting (but probably not using yet to decide to ban or not) and log/flag is if you ever booted your Xbox360 with DVD SATA cable not connected to your Xbox360 (E64). Many people did this to power their drive when they wanted to flash it (power connected to 360, SATA to PC). So it's highly suggested to use an external power to flash next time.
It's also possible MS also bans based on stuff like bad credit card info for your country, running a NTSC machine with euro-address/credit card (or inverse), having out-of-region (arcade) games and demos on your HDD, unofficial 360 HDD, internet downloaded gamesaves etc. There's no clear view on all this yet.
For now, C4E believes Microsoft is not detecting modified FWs or detecting FW changes/updates. Using a special FW they did not detect any debug commands sent to the drive by MS (they went through the dash/kernel updates with the special FW as well and did not detect any debug commands there either). So they think either:
A/ MS is not doing any FW detection right now, and only previously (maybe on request of MS servers while playing on LIVE?), or
B/ MS is banning based only on the timings of the drive, ss/pfi/dmi checks, capacity, drive inquiry and c/r verification.

We also got information C4E is working on an "iXtreme Online" FW for Toshiba-Samsung drives, a Hitachi-LG version and maybe even BenQ version might follow later.
The new FW will have less features than the current Xtreme FWs: no single-layer (DVD5) support, no ripping of games (0800 mode), but more features to safely play from burned discs (emulate the exact speed and timings of the original games) and prevent booting from un-safe discs (without PFI and DMI or bad SS - so discs not passing the 'Stealth Check' (using Xbox Backup Creator(info)(info) for example) are not going to boot on the new firmware), or images that aren't exact dumps of the original.
There's no official ETA (maybe this weekend though for TS drives), and of course no guarantee MS will never ban you based on new checks (that's the risk it takes if you want to be part of the modding community ;)) The HLG FW will take a bit longer as it'll require true 'Stealth media' etc added.

This new FW will of course be made mostly for new consoles being modded, because even if you're not banned from LIVE yet there's no way to know if MS already has info/logs on your console ID regarding timings or other stuff so even changing to this new firmware in the near future may not stop that console ID from being banned in the next wave of MS bans.
If your console is not banned yet, it's highly suggested you don't boot any burned discs, originals should be ok, even when offline (MS might be storing results of some checks in flash), until the release of the new FW.
If your console is already banned this will of course not help you ... just enjoy the offline playing on that console for now (with some games you could try using 3rd party networks like XLink Kai(info)) and maybe some day a new exploit will allow you to do more with that console.

To end with ... X-Scene's obvious tip of the month: don't buy 2nd hand Xbox360 consoles ;)

source xbox-scene

YARDofSTUF
05-22-07, 06:55 AM
To end with ... X-Scene's obvious tip of the month: don't buy 2nd hand Xbox360 consoles ;)

:rotfl: Thats for damn sure! :rotfl:

pinguinosupremo
05-22-07, 11:36 AM
:nod: Yeah I sent that to my modder.. along with tons of other info.. so basically I should be able to go over there and get it updated to the new firmware then call M$ tell them to re-scan my 360 saying that it was an accidental ban and when they do check it should say that it's not modded.. :D then I got my xbox 360 unbanned.. hooray... hopefully...

Rivas
05-22-07, 12:13 PM
:nod: Yeah I sent that to my modder.. along with tons of other info.. so basically I should be able to go over there and get it updated to the new firmware then call M$ tell them to re-scan my 360 saying that it was an accidental ban and when they do check it should say that it's not modded.. :D then I got my xbox 360 unbanned.. hooray... hopefully...

:thumb:

You know, they are saying your LIVE account is still there but after you got the hammer you dissapeared (it's like I deleted you but I didnt) from my friend list with bunch of other people.
Strange isnt it ?

pinguinosupremo
05-22-07, 12:38 PM
Ooh.. I did that on accident like a few days before I got banned.. My controller was acting stupid again.. It was stuck on up and I was pressing on random things to make it stop and in the process I deleted you.. along with 2 other people.. -.-'.. I even tried unplugging and re-plugging the battery pack but it still did it.. finally gave up and restarted my console then it stopped.. well the other 2 people was my brother and some random kid who was trying to fill up his friends list for no apparent reason.. hah... there's no point for me to keep my brother anyways.. we live in the same house and use the same xbox 360.. as for you.. all you ever did was play gears of war from what I saw.. so there's no point in us keeping each other on the friends list.. I don't even play gears of war.. so yeah.. there's no need to worry there Rivas..

Rivas
05-22-07, 12:41 PM
Ooh.. I did that on accident like a few days before I got banned.. My controller was acting stupid again.. It was stuck on up and I was pressing on random things to make it stop and in the process I deleted you.. along with 2 other people.. -.-'.. I even tried unplugging and re-plugging the battery pack but it still did it.. finally gave up and restarted my console then it stopped.. well the other 2 people was my brother and some random kid who was trying to fill up his friends list for no apparent reason.. hah... there's no point for me to keep my brother anyways.. we live in the same house and use the same xbox 360.. as for you.. all you ever did was play gears of war from what I saw.. so there's no point in us keeping each other on the friends list.. I don't even play gears of war.. so yeah.. there's no need to worry there Rivas..

Yah good point, you was always more single player/achievements oriented person compared to me, so really no point at all ....

pinguinosupremo
05-22-07, 01:04 PM
Single player is definately not my style.. it's multiplayer.. except I just got bored of all my games.. most of my time was spent on the dashboard.. then I figured I'd try PSU again.. downloaded the demo started playing that some more.. and also rivas.. most of the games you see.. are game rentals from gamefly, blockbuster and hollywood video.. I had about 6k before I was even on live.. so in total i've only made about 4k..a small chunk of the other games I actually own.. some games were borrowed from a friend of mines.. -.-'.. i still want his broken xbox 360.. but his older brother wants it.. so I just let it be.. he'll get the thing fixed so he can have an xbox 360 himself as well.. since he bought an elite.. anyways.. so very few of my games are actually downloaded.. only 6 games are downloaded.. now since I never paid for a single one of the games I own.. my brother did.. he let his friend jasper borrow.. otherwise you'd see me playing more games.. I still want THP8 back..anyways.. I just thought I'd clear that up now..

Rivas
05-22-07, 05:07 PM
Single player is definately not my style.. it's multiplayer.. except I just got bored of all my games.. most of my time was spent on the dashboard.. then I figured I'd try PSU again.. downloaded the demo started playing that some more.. and also rivas.. most of the games you see.. are game rentals from gamefly, blockbuster and hollywood video.. I had about 6k before I was even on live.. so in total i've only made about 4k..a small chunk of the other games I actually own.. some games were borrowed from a friend of mines.. -.-'.. i still want his broken xbox 360.. but his older brother wants it.. so I just let it be.. he'll get the thing fixed so he can have an xbox 360 himself as well.. since he bought an elite.. anyways.. so very few of my games are actually downloaded.. only 6 games are downloaded.. now since I never paid for a single one of the games I own.. my brother did.. he let his friend jasper borrow.. otherwise you'd see me playing more games.. I still want THP8 back..anyways.. I just thought I'd clear that up now..

nice story but it doesnt makes sence, for 6 games you flashed your fw ?
Rental places get games at same day as release day ? ;)
Wow I never knew that, thanks for the info.
no matter if you downloaded 1 or 6 or 30 ....it's still piracy ...

pinguinosupremo
05-22-07, 10:56 PM
nice story but it doesnt makes sence, for 6 games you flashed your fw ?
Rental places get games at same day as release day ? ;)
Wow I never knew that, thanks for the info.
no matter if you downloaded 1 or 6 or 30 ....it's still piracy ...

Oh really, you think that doesn't make any sense? You know there's some people out there who have never played 1 mother f*cking back up copy game and they still have a flashed firmware? Did you think of that Erik?

I f*cking hate 90% of the games that have came out so far thus being the reason I really don't have many games and the reason I mainly rent them and actually there's a nice little rental store right around the corner from my house, on the main street that crosses by, they usually have movies and rarely games that aren't out of shelves in major stores in shelves usually 1-2 weeks before depending on when they get it and actually most of the rental places around here do get them on release date, well they always get them earlier but they don't put it on shelves until they're supposed to, just like the rest of the major stores.

As for the rest of the games you'd see in my profile, those were rentals either that or my brother bought them.

The only game I've gotten before release date was Spider Man 3, which in fact, I didn't download, my brother did, I hate Spider Man, Always did even when I was a little kid I hated him, Hated his cartoon, comics, games, movies and whatever may involve him, they were all f*cking lame.

Now here's the thing you need to understand, I've only had my Xbox 360 with flashed firmware for 4 months 1 week and I've had an Xbox 360 for a little less than 2 years now, so basically that's a large difference between when I had it modded and when I haven't had it modded and that's another reason why I have so little games.

Also you know what doesn't make any sense? Is that you Erik, said that you as a person didn't agree to the ToS for Xbox Live, but yet you signed up anyways and started using it so therefore you had to agree to it even unwillingly, so you as a person, Agreed to M$'s ToS for Xbox Live unwillingly, as a person, there's no other way you can agree to them.

Frankly, I've thought about this a lot before actually posting this, I know the consequences and well.. Truly, I accepted that and I honestly don't care what happens from this post.. Although.. I do plan on leaving soon as there's no point for me to be on here really.. I overstayed my welcome long ago I'm sure.. Seeing as no matter what I do.. I can't get my account deleted.. so.. I guess this is goodbye from me.

At least I said what I had to say, at least I didn't lie to keep the SG Police off my ass.

ycariP llits s'ti ,001 ro yek notron 1 etareneg uoy fi rettam t'nseod tI ,kirE seY.

Later days.

Philip if you're reading this, check your inbox, assuming you didn't check that first.

Jamie_R
05-23-07, 10:27 AM
I guess this is goodbye from me.

well ... bye.

YARDofSTUF
05-23-07, 10:59 AM
What the hell I spent 3 pages instigating this and it didnt even go in the right direction. BAH!

Rivas
05-23-07, 12:53 PM
Oh really, you think that doesn't make any sense? You know there's some people out there who have never played 1 mother f*cking back up copy game and they still have a flashed firmware? Did you think of that Erik?

I f*cking hate 90% of the games that have came out so far thus being the reason I really don't have many games and the reason I mainly rent them and actually there's a nice little rental store right around the corner from my house, on the main street that crosses by, they usually have movies and rarely games that aren't out of shelves in major stores in shelves usually 1-2 weeks before depending on when they get it and actually most of the rental places around here do get them on release date, well they always get them earlier but they don't put it on shelves until they're supposed to, just like the rest of the major stores.

As for the rest of the games you'd see in my profile, those were rentals either that or my brother bought them.

The only game I've gotten before release date was Spider Man 3, which in fact, I didn't download, my brother did, I hate Spider Man, Always did even when I was a little kid I hated him, Hated his cartoon, comics, games, movies and whatever may involve him, they were all f*cking lame.

Now here's the thing you need to understand, I've only had my Xbox 360 with flashed firmware for 4 months 1 week and I've had an Xbox 360 for a little less than 2 years now, so basically that's a large difference between when I had it modded and when I haven't had it modded and that's another reason why I have so little games.

Also you know what doesn't make any sense? Is that you Erik, said that you as a person didn't agree to the ToS for Xbox Live, but yet you signed up anyways and started using it so therefore you had to agree to it even unwillingly, so you as a person, Agreed to M$'s ToS for Xbox Live unwillingly, as a person, there's no other way you can agree to them.

Frankly, I've thought about this a lot before actually posting this, I know the consequences and well.. Truly, I accepted that and I honestly don't care what happens from this post.. Although.. I do plan on leaving soon as there's no point for me to be on here really.. I overstayed my welcome long ago I'm sure.. Seeing as no matter what I do.. I can't get my account deleted.. so.. I guess this is goodbye from me.

At least I said what I had to say, at least I didn't lie to keep the SG Police off my ass.

ycariP llits s'ti ,001 ro yek notron 1 etareneg uoy fi rettam t'nseod tI ,kirE seY.

Later days.

Philip if you're reading this, check your inbox, assuming you didn't check that first.

Reading your post is very disturbing.

I didnt sign up for XBL, I got XBL for life from kit tronics.I can do whatever I want with my gamertag but I cant change the address, and it's not even signed up under name.
It was a gift.

I'm not aware of
there's some people out there who have never played 1 mother f*cking back up copy game and they still have a flashed firmware but seems like you are more informed as always. :rolleyes:

You are downloading games what were stolen from private servers and spread out to bt/p2p, they doesnt belong to you, they are not for public, and whoever downloading them is a retard.

You dont need to tell me how long you had your 360, frankly I dont care, you played pirated games thats what got you banned and even with new firmware you are doomed.You think MS is stupid ?

Oh and one last thing, stop calling me Erik, it's only for friends just so you know.

and yeah

Originally Posted by pinguinosupremo
I guess this is goodbye from me.

well ... bye.

morbidpete
05-23-07, 06:22 PM
i was hit with the ban hammer :) my own fault and i accept my punishment. time for a new 360

Rivas
05-23-07, 06:32 PM
i was hit with the ban hammer :) my own fault and i accept my punishment. time for a new 360

I know :(
NEVER ever sign up for XBL without modded fw.What I mean is, MS stores somehow your data when you sign up first time and after you flash it it's changed.

Read pm.