PDA

View Full Version : Well Xbox 360 ELITE is going to be released soon but overhere is what I found so far.

Rivas
04-26-07, 05:42 PM
One interesting "review" ...

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/elite/

It;s not so ELITE as it looks like :p

morbidpete
05-04-07, 07:04 PM
really want an elite, dont have the money now, but when i do, imma wait till the 65n cpu and gpu are standard, hopefully they will have the ben-q firmware out by then also.

Rivas
05-04-07, 10:30 PM
really want an elite, dont have the money now, but when i do, imma wait till the 65n cpu and gpu are standard, hopefully they will have the ben-q firmware out by then also.

not all of them have benq do they ?

morbidpete
05-04-07, 11:54 PM
no, some ship with the hitachi 76k, but thats going to be limited because they started making the elites while the hitachi was still around so the ben-q's are starting to surface in the elites along side the premium and cores. i have a sammy, cant get these anymore, just like the original xbox, the samsung drive is the best. whats cool about the samsung drive over the hitachi is

with the sammy you can:

rip backups without a different firmware
play single layer backups
play backups as iso (literatly burnt he iso to the disk insted of burning it as a image)
play xbox 1 backups that are burned as normal data files
multiple drives speeds or performance or quiet mode (4x or 12x)

the hitachi cant do any of that and the ben-q is not even flashable now

Rivas
05-05-07, 12:32 AM
There are just 3 I know of

http://members.speedguide.net/rivas/allthreedvdsf360.jpg

Philips is the one that doesnt have firmware yet.

Rivas
05-05-07, 12:38 AM
The prototypes of this drive in March 2006 were based on the BenQ 1650V PC drive.

As such if this is still the same design, you should be able to use MTKFLASH to dump the drive,
as the BenQ 1650V uses a SPI Flash eeprom with the MTK1359SE chipset.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm

EDIT: Yah the ELITES are using HITACHI drives and BENQ drives are flashable.

morbidpete
05-05-07, 12:52 AM
the pc ben-q's are flashable, there pretty close to the xbox's so they can flash them, the issue is there is no software out to read the firmware to hack it for exterem backups cause all the pc software to flash is is upgrade only, the philip pc drives are xdk only (developer box's)

http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=6844.0

thats the thread for the ben-q project

Rivas
05-05-07, 12:59 AM
the pc ben-q's are flashable, there pretty close to the xbox's so they can flash them, the issue is there is no software out to read the firmware to hack it for exterem backups cause all the pc software to flash is is upgrade only, the philip pc drives are xdk only (developer box's)

http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=6844.0

thats the thread for the ben-q project

the drives are working with games
to be honest I didnt see single layer 360 game yet, I will have to look

and as far as first xbox games are going I dont give a damn :D

Rivas
05-05-07, 01:01 AM
found one
Blitz is single layer

btw command and conquer is out, PAL version tho
Spiderman NTSC just came out

jeremyboycool
05-05-07, 11:33 PM
I don't know does not look very elite.

They are prob. just using the good old windows me scam again.

Rivas
05-05-07, 11:38 PM
I don't know does not look very elite.

They are prob. just using the good old windows me scam again.

There are some improvements, bigger HDD ( you can buy it separately anyway) HDMI and it's black :rolleyes:
Also the board is looking different but what they did there it's too early to tell.

Rivas
05-06-07, 08:00 PM
All elite consoles are equiped with Hitachi drives, with 2 different revisions.
You wont know which one you got, you have to open it.
One is flashable right a way, 2nd firmware going to be available in 2 weeks.

pinguinosupremo
05-07-07, 07:19 PM
Well I just got asked.. What about chipped consoles?.. not everyone uses the flashed dvd drives...

Rivas
05-07-07, 09:44 PM
Well I just got asked.. What about chipped consoles?.. not everyone uses the flashed dvd drives...

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/search.html

pinguinosupremo
05-07-07, 10:29 PM
http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/search.html

Well that's not what they meant.. they meant how will the Dashboard update affect them?.. since M$ is supposedly adding a nice secret patch that is supposed to detect backups.. at least those on a flashed firmware.. so they wanted to know what about people using mod chips and not firmware..

Rivas
05-08-07, 12:23 AM
Well that's not what they meant.. they meant how will the Dashboard update affect them?.. since M$ is supposedly adding a nice secret patch that is supposed to detect backups.. at least those on a flashed firmware.. so they wanted to know what about people using mod chips and not firmware..

pete already pointed it out
what modchips you are talking about ?
Did you at least read what the modchips can do? They do have memory "banks" and you switch which one firmware your drive will read.
99.9% are using flashed firmware and most of the mods dont even work the way they should.
I suggest you to stop hanging on XBL :rotfl:
MS cant do that, they will piss their own pants.WHat about people who bought games and made backups just in a case ?

morbidpete
05-08-07, 07:22 PM
the chips for the 360 basicly do what the extreme firmware did back at the 3.2 version, patch the info coming form the firmware on the fly for the media check and game signature. the issue with thos is the new patch coming out ( acording to the big dawgs in the scene) detects backups by "disc-jitter"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jitter

the new 5.3 firmware protects against jitter on backups there for if the update does look for jitters or cause's them to see if the disc is a backup. the new firmware will once again fool it. so chip users are bonned.

pinguinosupremo
05-09-07, 01:36 PM
Mkay well.. I've updated my dashboard using the same old firmware.. so far so good.. no problems here.. not sure what so many people were worried about.. I will be just playing on my randomly made profile for about 3 days.. see if anything happens.. if not then well I think that'd be self explanatory.. of course this'd be from my end..

I wonder how many peoples 360's got bricked this time around..

Rivas
05-09-07, 02:37 PM
Dashboard ?
What's the point flashing it with old firmware ?
Randomly made profile, doesnt matter how random it is, once you are picked you can buy new console :nod:

morbidpete
05-09-07, 02:40 PM
just updated , working great

Rivas
05-09-07, 03:19 PM
just updated , working great

I got sammy on my premium as well didnt do update yet will do so in a few.

I cant find bloody pics of the elite dvd drives.

EDIT:nm forgot you cant find out you have to open it

pinguinosupremo
05-09-07, 04:30 PM
Dashboard ?
What's the point flashing it with old firmware ?
Randomly made profile, doesnt matter how random it is, once you are picked you can buy new console :nod:

Spring Dashboard Update 2007

o.o?.. i never said I flashed it with firmware.. I updated my 360 with the dashboard update using the same firmware i had before the update.. which was some non xtreme firmware.. don't remember which firmware it was..

well from what I've been seeing around on XBL they only ban accounts and not consoles.. I've seen so many people get their accounts banned and still use the same xbox 360 to create another live account and continue playing on live.. oh and one of my friends wants to buy my 360.. hah.. but he wants it a very cheap price..

Rivas
05-09-07, 06:10 PM
Spring Dashboard Update 2007

o.o?.. i never said I flashed it with firmware.. I updated my 360 with the dashboard update using the same firmware i had before the update.. which was some non xtreme firmware.. don't remember which firmware it was..

well from what I've been seeing around on XBL they only ban accounts and not consoles.. I've seen so many people get their accounts banned and still use the same xbox 360 to create another live account and continue playing on live.. oh and one of my friends wants to buy my 360.. hah.. but he wants it a very cheap price..

You are wrong.If the account is banned your console is out of game forever, if not that's like admitting MS is supporting piracy.