PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Partition?

Sava700
04-19-07, 09:19 AM
Anyone know of a way to delete and format a partition to NFTS from the Fat system that a Dell install CD has made? I need to do this or would like to without screwing up the rest of the Drive or redoing the whole windows install over again.

YeOldeStonecat
04-19-07, 10:19 AM
Right Click "My Computer"...select "Manage". Most everything you need to admin a PC is right here. Scroll down to disk management. Can right click and select functions to your hearts content here.

Assuming this isn't the system volume...that it's an additional partition without data on it that you need.

Sava700
04-22-07, 06:14 PM
Ok what I've got is 12gigs of drive space the OS is installed on.. the other 21gigs was unallocated or unused..so I formatted it from the FAT system to NTFS.. I did not set up a drive letter for it just a quick format and now its a healthy 21gigs new volume. What I want to do is combine that space to the other 12gigs for total C: drive volume.. if I delete this 21gig "new volume" space will it auto combine to the other?

YeOldeStonecat
04-22-07, 06:36 PM
To "combine" it..you'll need a 3rd party utility such as Acronis True Image Server. The "server" version is about 10 times the cost of regular Acronis True Image for desktop OS's.

Sava700
04-22-07, 06:44 PM
To "combine" it..you'll need a 3rd party utility such as Acronis True Image Server. The "server" version is about 10 times the cost of regular Acronis True Image for desktop OS's.

hmm looks like I can download the Free trial version...perhaps thats all I need to get the job done this one time.

Sava700
04-23-07, 10:03 AM
great.. I can't download the damn demo and even another demo program that does the same thing won't allow it unless I pay for it..blah!!!!!!!! hate to the server! HATE!!!!!

Sava700
04-23-07, 12:26 PM
screw it.. I just formatted the sucker again and reloaded the OS but this time I created the whole drive as the main partition therefore giving me all the space back.. have to go back in and reconfigure every thing and reinstall all the games and such but this was giving me a headache trying to find a free program just to combine partitions.