PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Spring Dashboard Update Features Leaked

pinguinosupremo
04-07-07, 10:50 PM
Once again Gamespot broke an embargo and by the time they noticed the leak, the Internet savvies saved the video and put it up on YouTube.

The movie, which you can see below, takes a detailed look at the new features that will debut with the next dashboard update.

Beginning the morning of Monday, May 7, you'll be able to download the 2007 spring system update for the Xbox 360, which provides new features and enhancements for the dashboard, including a dedicated Xbox Live Marketplace blade, Windows Live Messenger interoperability, improved functionality for Achievements, downloads and movies.

Unfortunately, there won't be Clan Support in this update so we'll have to wait for the Fall system update.

Go here for video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwd00FGpKrU

:drool:

Joe
04-08-07, 11:10 PM
Looks promising! :)

Rivas
04-08-07, 11:55 PM
I'm still wondering about the 360 elite, from what I have been reading "you are/you will be able to upgrade to the HDMI" but theoreticaly and technicaly it's impossible.The only way I can see is to do it through splitter but the output it's not gonna be HDMI anyway.Anyone can explain to me what they are talking about ?

pinguinosupremo
04-09-07, 12:02 AM
[insert shrugging smiley here]..

well perhaps they mean different versions of the console.. I really wouldn't know.. although whoever said that must've been really confused or they meant it in a different way... I'm just guessing that it's gonna be a different version of the console.. one with HDMI the other without.. unless by upgrading they meant that you can get the hdmi port in your 360.. of course it being a different version.. kind of like how we got the 360 with the hard drive and the ones without them.. I know some of the 360's have HDMI ports already.. but that number is small..

Rivas
04-09-07, 12:25 AM
[insert shrugging smiley here]..

well perhaps they mean different versions of the console.. I really wouldn't know.. although whoever said that must've been really confused or they meant it in a different way... I'm just guessing that it's gonna be a different version of the console.. one with HDMI the other without.. unless by upgrading they meant that you can get the hdmi port in your 360.. of course it being a different version.. kind of like how we got the 360 with the hard drive and the ones without them.. I know some of the 360's have HDMI ports already.. but that number is small..

we will see ....anyway for HDMI we will need 1080p TV esp for the HD DVD's otherwise it's waste of money imo.

pinguinosupremo
04-09-07, 03:12 AM
well I got tons more info posted up in my forums and I don't feel like changing all the html tags into bbcode.. (my forum theme has issues with bbcode center so I must use center html) click here (http://zppirates.5gbfree.com/zppforums/viewtopic.php?t=149) for the loads more info about this update..

Baird
04-14-07, 12:52 AM
Official Update Announcement :3 (http://on10.net/Blogs/tina/first-official-look-at-the-xbox-360-spring-dashboard-update/)

pinguinosupremo
04-14-07, 01:05 AM
Official Update Announcement :3 (http://on10.net/Blogs/tina/first-official-look-at-the-xbox-360-spring-dashboard-update/)

M$ has it on xbox.com

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0408-im.htm

Baird
04-14-07, 01:07 AM
Well...M$ sucks D:

pinguinosupremo
04-14-07, 01:09 AM
Well...M$ sucks D:

:nod: Agreed.. No arguments here.. but in this case they're not leaving out any info that other sites are pretty much saying.. so yeah.. M$ needs to add a web browser to the xbox 360..

Baird
04-14-07, 01:10 AM
I agree with that, but then it'd basically be a computer XD

But hell, if the damn PSP AND the Wii have one, come on M$ >/

pinguinosupremo
04-14-07, 01:14 AM
I agree with that, but then it'd basically be a computer XD

But hell, if the damn PSP AND the Wii have one, come on M$ >/

and if you ask around xbox live you'll notice that many people don't have a computer so it'd be a useful thing.. people could use their controls as the pointing device.. that way M$ doesn't have to add mouse support.. 'cause then people are gonna try to hack it to make it work with games.. let those people buy their 100 dollar piece of equipment to use the mouse and keyboard to play the 360..

Baird
04-14-07, 01:18 AM
Well that and you also have to remember it'd be a GREAT way to start the fall update because of that new attachment coming out for your 360 controllers
Theres your keyboard, and the mouse is a thumbstick and the A button is the left mouse! Problem solved

pinguinosupremo
04-14-07, 01:30 AM
:nod: :thumb: yeah.. I was thinking perhaps along the triggers that would be your left and right mouse buttons..and the left joystick is your pointer.. the right joystick is the scroll..

the rest of the buttons..

I don't know..

discuss..

btw.. rep given to ya Baird.

Baird
04-14-07, 01:32 AM
Woot : D
Thanks X3
And yeah, that actually sounds like a sturdy layout
I rep'd you a looong time ago
The first night I made this account XP

pinguinosupremo
04-20-07, 04:06 PM
you mean that little gray box?.. =P..
well right now i'm just kind of waiting for that web browser to come into play.. it would be nice to be able to access like clan forums or some other website like speedguide or possibly some pr0n sites xD ..
I wonder if xbox 360's can get adware, spyware and viruses..