PDA

View Full Version : how to enable truform @ ATI RAEDON 9800 pro

kELZ1
03-31-07, 05:08 AM
hello !

i have a problem and i need your help!

I don't know how to enable truform at my raedon 9800pro ?

and i need to activate it on my counter-strike.. but first enable it on windows ..

how could i do?

pls help!

(sry for bad english)

morbidpete
03-31-07, 05:28 AM
you install catalyst? option is in there, set it to game pfreferance or whatever

kELZ1
03-31-07, 05:45 AM
already done that, but i doesnt work!

morbidpete
03-31-07, 07:09 AM
read up

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33610456

kELZ1
03-31-07, 07:32 AM
read up

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33610456

already done that, ati_npatch "1" ati_subdiv "3", thats what i use..

and i did turn it on in the ATI control panel , so.....:confused:

morbidpete
03-31-07, 07:42 AM
so maybe its active then, are you getting an error or something that leads you to think its not on?

kELZ1
03-31-07, 07:50 AM
so maybe its active then, are you getting an error or something that leads you to think its not on?

no, but it doesnt work in counter-strike thats the problem..

morbidpete
03-31-07, 08:25 AM
from what i have read about the subject so far thru searches. its not very noticable in gameplay really, the action is just to fast for you to really see the change in detail. i dont know how else to help or even find out if it is active. but if you did everything it must be. Isnt cs a little old anyways for the graphics to be wow'ish anyways

A_old
03-31-07, 10:39 AM
i'm not sure why you would want to enable software-based subdivision -- it incurs a huge performance hit (i've written a routine before :p). only the radeon 8500 had hardware support for this form of subdivision. just get cs source instead, the nades aren't as big as your head anyway (1.6 is cool -- don't get me wrong, just saying if you're wanting better graphics, you have a better solution waiting). also, the subdivision scheme used for truform has a problem which causes models to sort of "blow up" like a baloon on many of the settings -- that probably isn't going to be helpful during long distance aiming w/ a rifle. truform did work in cs 1.6 w/ a 8500, never bothered w/ a 9700 or 9800 pro, had both, as it was software based.

kELZ1
03-31-07, 10:41 AM
i'm not sure why you would want to enable software-based subdivision -- it incurs a huge performance hit (i've written a routine before :p). only the radeon 8500 had hardware support for this form of subdivision. just get cs source instead, the nades aren't as big as your head anyway (1.6 is cool -- don't get me wrong, just saying if you're wanting better graphics, you have a better solution waiting). also, the subdivision scheme used for truform has a problem which causes models to sort of "blow up" like a baloon on many of the settings -- that probably isn't going to be helpful during long distance aiming w/ a rifle. truform did work in cs 1.6 w/ a 8500, never bothered w/ a 9700 or 9800 pro, had both, as it was software based.

i had it a half year ago, but i want it back :!

A_old
03-31-07, 11:13 AM
good luck with it -- put those settings into your autoexec.cfg

kELZ1
03-31-07, 11:22 AM
good luck with it -- put those settings into your autoexec.cfg

what settings?

morbidpete
03-31-07, 11:38 AM
what settings?
lol, i dont see them either

kELZ1
03-31-07, 11:51 AM
yeah, where are the settings man :))

A_old
03-31-07, 12:43 PM
ati_npatch "1" ati_subdiv "3" <-- put them at the bottom of your config.cfg or autoexec.cfg in your cstrike/cfg dir (separate lines). that'll make sure they're loaded. i think there was also a driver control panel option, which might have been deprecated at this point, meaning you would want to try a tweak tool like rivatuner to flip the registry option to enable it (assuming it still works)

kELZ1
03-31-07, 01:17 PM
ati_npatch "1" ati_subdiv "3" <-- put them at the bottom of your config.cfg or autoexec.cfg in your cstrike/cfg dir (separate lines). that'll make sure they're loaded. i think there was also a driver control panel option, which might have been deprecated at this point, meaning you would want to try a tweak tool like rivatuner to flip the registry option to enable it (assuming it still works)

Allright amro, i have already tried rivatuner and i didnt work, any other suggestions?

A_old
03-31-07, 01:41 PM
hmm. At this point, I'd wonder if support was dropped from the drivers. Not sure, honestly. I guess if you're using Windows XP, you could try reverting to an old driver release (not a good idea if you play newer games as well) to see if it works with those.

kELZ1
03-31-07, 02:47 PM
already done that, didnt work, but i meant suggestions on program's :) rivatuner have i already tested

A_old
03-31-07, 04:17 PM
already done that, didnt work, but i meant suggestions on program's :) rivatuner have i already tested

other applications would be doing the same thing -- changing the same registry setting, so it won't help unless rivatuner has implemented that functionality incorrectly (unlikely). also, i don't know of another tool to do that (rage3dtweak maybe?). it's also just possible that valve turned the functionality off in CS itself.

kELZ1
03-31-07, 04:32 PM
okey, i did found this though http://emonville.com/friends/A6/truform_dll.zip

but i dont know how to use it :s

A_old
03-31-07, 05:09 PM
it wouldn't be wise to start dropping dlls in random places on your system. just dropping a file in someplace doesn't mean it'll be used properly (or used at all).

kELZ1
04-01-07, 03:09 AM
so no one knows a program like rivatuner?

morbidpete
04-01-07, 05:35 AM
unless an app looks for it, dosnt a dll have to be registered in the reg so apps know what its for?

A_old
04-01-07, 08:44 AM
unless an app looks for it, dosnt a dll have to be registered in the reg so apps know what its for?

dll's are linked against by an application -- a dll is just compiled code.

kELZ1
04-01-07, 11:54 AM
so no one knows a program like rivatuner?

its got to be some program like RivaTuner, rivatuner dont work because it dont support ATI cards as good as nvidia : ( )

A_old
04-01-07, 12:54 PM
its got to be some program like RivaTuner, rivatuner dont work because it dont support ATI cards as good as nvidia : ( )

i already told you to try rage3dtweak. i'm sure the author of rivatuner knows how to flip a registry value -- unless it's a bug and he needs to know about it. you assessment of why it doesn't work is pretty amusing, though. not sure if r3dtweak has all the settings anymore though--i haven't used it since the old style ati control panel. glhf w/ it.