PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Downtime

pinguinosupremo
03-23-07, 11:32 PM
Xbox Live will be unavailable for approximately 14 hours to upgrade the service starting:

00:01 PST 03/27/2007.

07:01 GMT 27/03/2007

16:01 GMT+9 GMT 27/03/2007

This is for maintenance, there are no new features that will appear when the service comes back online. This is all for server maintenance …nothing more, nothing less. So if you you know your going to be doing anything over Xbox Live tomorrow at those times be sure to plan ahead.

RoscoPColtrane
03-24-07, 03:38 PM
yup i saw that yesterday, wonder what they are adding to the browser and such. DIVZ support would be NICE! :D :D :D

pinguinosupremo
03-24-07, 03:54 PM
Well they said there wasn't going to be any new features.. so no dashboard updates no nothing like that apparently.. possibly just some support for some other stuff that we don't even know about.. or possibly care about.. *shrugs* they just say it's for server maintenance.. so yeah.. kind of a bugger.. I was hoping for like some sort of dashboard update.. like possibly a larger friends list or clan support of sorts..

RoscoPColtrane
03-24-07, 11:12 PM
yup, clan support would be good, wish they would make it easier for friends to paly ranked, but i can see their point of view as well. I don't personally care about my 'ranking' in games, i just want my achievements and it seems most have to be 'ranked'....:(

I guess Halo2 and thier "clans' proved why it needs to be this way! :rotfl:

pinguinosupremo
03-25-07, 12:22 AM
I know many clans actually use saints row as an extension to their friends list as there is no limit as to how many gang members one can have inside their gang.. although it's not like halo where you can just message everyone inside the gang with the push of a few buttons.. but still kind of useful.. aside from that clans just generally use forums.. my gamerscore is almost at 10k.. 9640.. i'm not really trying to get the achievements.. I just get them as I play.. now as for rivas.. I don't know.. if he wasn't so in love with Gears of war i'm sure he'd have a larger gamerscore than that as its like you said.. most of them have achievements for ranked only... right now.. i'm mad.. my mic broke.. Well i'm just mute.. I can hear people.. but I can't talk to them.. the mic stopped working for some damn reason.. I know friends who go thru mics like candy.. buying a new mic 2-3 times a month.. well at least mines lasted almost 4 months.. I need money to get another mic.. but I got none.. so are you in a clan?

I don't know these server maintenance thingies are around April 1st.. o.o' how do we know it's not some april fools joke and there's really gonna be some dashboard updates?.. o.O.. suspicious.. ah well.. looks like we're gonna have to wait and see... well even if there'll be no dashboard updates.. it'd be nice to see a good sum of games get some updates for new stuff or something that'll fix bugs and glitches.. just seems to be the right time for this stuff..

RoscoPColtrane
03-25-07, 09:01 PM
nope not in a clan, i haven't had as much time lately to play games. usually only on for an hour or so at a time. like today i did a few laps in PGR3 and then shut it off.

pinguinosupremo
03-25-07, 09:39 PM
Ah, so I see.. Every time I try playing online with it all I ever get are the french, germans and the british.. thats all I ever get.. I don't see anyone else online but them.. prob 'cause I play so late.. I can see why you're not in a clan.. then again.. most clan matches last less than an hour.. then again.. some clans are just too damn strict and say that you must be on more than that and the likes.. ugh.. I hate those clans.. either that or they force you to work with their schedule.. that's why I'm starting up my own clan.. Zhe Penguin Pirates (http://zppforums.notlong.com).. I just want to start up something that's well.. more friendly in most cases.. and I want something that will work with a persons schedule.. although some peoples schedules are just simply not fit for a clan.. such as one of my friends.. his work schedule changes every week.. so yeah.. not really able to do much like that.. can't really plan ahead.. well i'll just shut up now.. i talk too much.. i'm gonna go away for a bit.. i'll be here just not completely here.. just gonna be here to edit the sticky up there.. and thats about it.. now then.. off I go to do other clutter butter nutter futter gutter... with my boring life.. and the first thing i'm gonna do is eat a bowl of lucky charms.. see ya around..

RoscoPColtrane
03-27-07, 12:58 PM
This sucks already, hopefully only a few more hours! :irate:

gameplaya
03-27-07, 07:28 PM
im in central time, and wats takin so long!:irate: it shut off around 3am and right now its 7:28pm! its been 14 hours!

gameplaya
03-27-07, 07:38 PM
welcome to speedguide:thumb:

pinguinosupremo
03-27-07, 07:39 PM
Well with that language.. it'll get you banned.. take out the n word after hey.. :nod:

But other than that.. Welcome to Speedguide

pinguinosupremo
03-27-07, 08:31 PM
Well this is old news now.. it's back up..

morbidpete
03-28-07, 11:03 AM
it was all around the elite launch.

pinguinosupremo
03-28-07, 11:06 AM
Yeah... Although many people are skeptical about it because GameInformer came out with it inside of their April Mag. So many people think it's an april fools joke.

morbidpete
03-28-07, 11:29 AM
not sceptical. its live check xbox.com

plus www.xbox-scene.com has actuall hardware pics