PDA

View Full Version : ok consolo whats the problem ?

Rivas
03-04-07, 11:33 PM
?

download this (http://www.serv-u.com/) (try it)
install it and tell me which one version you are running since every version must have different settings for 360.

pinguinosupremo
03-05-07, 12:49 AM
well I got this older download so yeah I never really deleted it.. as of now.. since now that my brother has windows vista (came with the laptop there's no changing that) i'm not sure how to network my xp with his vista and there's stuff he wants that are rather big files (think around 5-8 gb) so yeah i want to set up an ftp so he can grab the files the he needs off my computer and I need him to be able to upload some things into my computer... so the 360 is rather much out of the picture for the moment... my problem is I don't know how to even set it up.. like what do I do?

I got Serv-U FTP Server 6.4.0.2

I want to set it up so that people can also access it outside of my home... my friend up the street wants to be able to have some sort of place to back up some small files at points so yeah.. I kind of need to know how to even set it up to begin with.. like the whole enchilada.. after installation

Rivas
03-05-07, 02:40 PM
router ?

pinguinosupremo
03-05-07, 02:42 PM
Westell 327W (it's my modem as well)

Rivas
03-05-07, 02:58 PM
Westell 327W (it's my modem as well)

ok gimme A FEW going to install it and take a look at the settings

pinguinosupremo
03-05-07, 08:05 PM
Well how long is a few?

A few nano seconds
A few seconds
A few minutes
A few hours
A few days
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
A few decades
A few centuries
A few millenniums

Rivas
03-07-07, 10:24 AM
sorry

open port 21 (default ftp port) and 131 (ident) on your router, both TCP/UDP

disable anonymous login
leave unchecked bounce attacks and fxp
in settings advanced enable full access
wizard generated domain enable dynamic dns
settings/virtual paths add your root (physical path) directory (the directory users will have access to) e.g ftp (dont forget create that dir on your HDD) Ip access is where you add IP's (every user got different ip right) ?

users add user (login and password)

done

get some bud to test it for you and lemme know

gameplaya
03-07-07, 12:58 PM
wats the download exactly for?

pinguinosupremo
03-07-07, 01:07 PM
O.o you mean the program? it's just to make j00 comp an ftp server of sorts..

Rivas
03-07-07, 01:43 PM
is it ready/working ?

pinguinosupremo
03-08-07, 12:33 AM
I haven't been able to try really.. my friends been really busy.. -.-'.. so yeah.. gotta wait until he has a day off of work so he can try to access it.. once I set it up of course.. which will be the same day he gets off for work.. which is i think tomorrow or friday.. but i'll let ya know as soon as it works.. or doesn't work.

pinguinosupremo
03-23-07, 02:11 PM
I tried.. my computer kept freezing everytime he accessed it.. so then it would become unavailable..