PDA

View Full Version : GoW in High Def ...

Jamie_R
03-02-07, 08:51 AM
F**KING ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

that is all :D

pinguinosupremo
03-02-07, 09:07 AM
meh... nothing new to me.. i've always seen it in High Def as I've always had a high def television.. even before the xbox 360 came out.. so yeah.. saw reg. xbox games in high def and even those looked good.. hehe.. so yeah.. well have fun with the GoW stuff..

Joe
03-02-07, 05:33 PM
meh... nothing new to me.. i've always seen it in High Def as I've always had a high def television.. even before the xbox 360 came out.. so yeah.. saw reg. xbox games in high def and even those looked good.. hehe.. so yeah.. well have fun with the GoW stuff..

well arent you just special. :rolleyes:

Have to agree that GoW @ 1080i looks nice.

pinguinosupremo
03-02-07, 08:26 PM
I'm very special.. haha.. I was simply just stating that it was nothing new to me so it's not really awe and the likes to me.. it's just became something so normal to me it's like viewing it on a standard def tv.. haha..

Jamie_R
03-03-07, 05:29 AM
Have to agree that GoW @ 1080i looks nice.

:thumb: Crackdown and Dead Rising look awesome too :D

Rivas
03-04-07, 01:31 AM

come on penguin, show some respect ...after all he is my brother ...

he didnt see GoW in HD, so what, he is excited about his new TV he was working hard to get it ... I dont see anything ironic on it.

gameplaya
03-06-07, 12:09 PM
if it makes ya feel better i havent played in on hd :( ill get on on spring break!:thumb:

Jamie_R
03-06-07, 02:24 PM
if it makes ya feel better i havent played in on hd :( ill get on on spring break!:thumb:

you're gonna love it man - it's like a whole different game :D

morbidpete
03-06-07, 02:55 PM
**** yea. HD kicks ass! its like, better then real life lol. GoW really blew me away witht he graphics. you get HD tv? cause thats badass also

Jamie_R
03-06-07, 03:02 PM
you get HD tv? cause thats badass also

yep - got it this weekend - and yes - it is :thumb: :D

pinguinosupremo
03-07-07, 10:27 AM
come on penguin, show some respect ...after all he is my brother ...

he didnt see GoW in HD, so what, he is excited about his new TV he was working hard to get it ... I dont see anything ironic on it.

Well now ya tell me.. I always though he'd seen it in HD or something along those lines.. Well congrats on the HD stuff.. Have fun... sit really close to the television when playing.. especially while sprinting.. it makes you feel as if you're in the game.. kind of fun actually.. when one is bored..

oh.. and yeah I did know he was your brother but I didn't know he didn't have HD..

gameplaya
03-07-07, 11:46 AM
Darnit now i want HD sooo bad:irate: im gonna save up for one! i was waiting on srping break so i can work fulltime but now i want it now!
yep - got it this weekend - and yes - it is :thumb: :D
what size is it?

Jamie_R
03-07-07, 01:15 PM
i want it now!
what size is it?

yes you do - believe me :D

mine are 37"

gameplaya
03-08-07, 11:35 AM
yes you do - believe me :D

mine are 37"Was it expensive?

pinguinosupremo
03-08-07, 11:52 AM
Was it expensive?

Well it varies once more on brand on what kind of HDTV you're trying to get.. as there's the cheapest of all.. Rear Projection HDTV.. then there's CRT, LCD, Plasma, DLP and I think that's it.. unless you're looking for a projector that works too..

it also varies on what you're trying to get..

480p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p

and it also varies on the size the television is..

as for me I went with CRT 1080i HDTV.. as that's the only thing I could afford at the time.. it's a 27 inch.. Samsung.. for me.. I'd only go CRT, LCD or DLP.. LCD used to have some problems with fast paced games and the likes but now it's less of a problem.. so I'd suggest going with something newer with LCD's..

Jamie_R
03-08-07, 12:12 PM
Was it expensive?

not too bad ... 2 lcd 37" for 1450.00 (used my company's corporate discount @ CompUSA)

morbidpete
03-08-07, 04:39 PM
42" plasma

gameplaya
03-09-07, 11:32 AM
Well it varies once more on brand on what kind of HDTV you're trying to get.. as there's the cheapest of all.. Rear Projection HDTV.. then there's CRT, LCD, Plasma, DLP and I think that's it.. unless you're looking for a projector that works too..

it also varies on what you're trying to get..

480p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p

and it also varies on the size the television is..

as for me I went with CRT 1080i HDTV.. as that's the only thing I could afford at the time.. it's a 27 inch.. Samsung.. for me.. I'd only go CRT, LCD or DLP.. LCD used to have some problems with fast paced games and the likes but now it's less of a problem.. so I'd suggest going with something newer with LCD's..
SO if i go with a CRT 1080i HDTV ''30 inch how much would that come up with? or a 27 inch?

Rivas
03-09-07, 11:46 AM
SO if i go with a CRT 1080i HDTV ''30 inch how much would that come up with? or a 27 inch?

wait a bit longer for price drop on 1080p LCD's
I wouldnt go CRT

pinguinosupremo
03-09-07, 12:01 PM
wait a bit longer for price drop on 1080p LCD's
I wouldnt go CRT

:nod: Heavy and bulky and not to mention sensitive to magnets and the likes.. but is a good thing over all aside for those details.

gameplaya
03-09-07, 12:07 PM
how much did ya get yours pinguin?

pinguinosupremo
03-09-07, 12:08 PM

Well it varies by brand but if you're looking to get a similar one like mines (the model I have no longer exists they now only make the thinner ones that weight about 60 pounds less than what I got).. but even then depends also where you get it.. but on average you'll be looking at 500 - 600 dollars.. but even so CRT HDTV's are becoming hard to get.. now it's all about plasmas, lcd's and dlp's.. and apparently rear projection.. just keep looking around your local stores for price drops or specials for LCD's.. I heard DLP's were really good as well.. but I'd still stick with LCD's .. I got to look into those DLPs though.. haven't done a whole lot of research on those..

pinguinosupremo
03-09-07, 12:09 PM
how much did ya get yours pinguin?

at the time... it cost me around 700 dollars.. although just to go ahead and uhh kind of edit the other one.. i could be wrong about the prices though it could be lower as the prices are always changing so it could be lower or higher i'd have to look into it.. i'll let ya know once I find out..

gameplaya
03-13-07, 11:39 AM
you're gonna love it man - it's like a whole different game :D I finally played Gears on a HD wide screen!! your right its a whole different game! The cool thing about it, is that my dad won it from his job! but for sure im gonna get a "37 during break! other than that the "23 wide screen is amazing, im happy with that!:nod: :thumb:

pinguinosupremo
03-13-07, 03:05 PM
I finally played Gears on a HD wide screen!! your right its a whole different game! The cool thing about it, is that my dad won it from his job! but for sure im gonna get a "37 during break! other than that the "23 wide screen is amazing, im happy with that!:nod: :thumb:

have ya tried getting really close to the screen while sprinting on GoW?.. it makes me dizzy.. but it makes it feel as if i'm in the game.. hehe..

Rivas
03-13-07, 04:28 PM
guys get over it finally, yes it's better so what ...

pinguinosupremo
03-13-07, 04:57 PM
guys get over it finally, yes it's better so what ...

:rotfl: I've been trying to say that since the beginning.. that's until you told me to show some respect..

Jamie_R
03-14-07, 05:07 AM
I finally played Gears on a HD wide screen!! your right its a whole different game! The cool thing about it, is that my dad won it from his job! but for sure im gonna get a "37 during break! other than that the "23 wide screen is amazing, im happy with that!:nod: :thumb:

:thumb:

pinguinosupremo
03-23-07, 12:52 PM
So having fun with that HD stuff?