PDA

View Full Version : Friendship and Competition

DjDan74
01-30-07, 11:52 AM
I am guilty. I have fallen in the trap that many GOW players end up landing in against their best judgement.

What was my failure?

I took the game too seriously.

I joined GOW online because it was a cool game and I wanted to play with my friends. Now I find myself in a "war" with friends over some stupid competition. Rather than laughing and jeering at each other, we are accusing, battling and simply being disrespectful to each other. I am not pointing any fingers at anyone - I was one of those people.

However I have taken a step back and really asked myself why I joined the great group of guys we have here. It wasn't for some stupid competition. It wasn't for some false sense of superiority through winning.

It was because it was so much fun.

You are all my friends and I miss the days that we could yell "meat puppet" or "meat weasel" to each other and not take offence.

I wish we wouldn't have started up the clan war in the first place.

Why?

Because it broke up the most important clan...our friendship.

I am sorry to have to mention all of this on a public forum, however I think someone needed to say it.

Take care

Dj Dan

**The sum of our actions will always be remembered once we leave**

Rivas
01-30-07, 12:09 PM
I am guilty. I have fallen in the trap that many GOW players end up landing in against their best judgement.

What was my failure?

I took the game too seriously.

I joined GOW online because it was a cool game and I wanted to play with my friends. Now I find myself in a "war" with friends over some stupid competition. Rather than laughing and jeering at each other, we are accusing, battling and simply being disrespectful to each other. I am not pointing any fingers at anyone - I was one of those people.

However I have taken a step back and really asked myself why I joined the great group of guys we have here. It wasn't for some stupid competition. It wasn't for some false sense of superiority through winning.

It was because it was so much fun.

You are all my friends and I miss the days that we could yell "meat puppet" or "meat weasel" to each other and not take offence.

I wish we wouldn't have started up the clan war in the first place.

Why?

Because it broke up the most important clan...our friendship.

I am sorry to have to mention all of this on a public forum, however I think someone needed to say it.

Take care

Dj Dan

**The sum of our actions will always be remembered once we leave**

You are always gonna be my friend DJ ( dont forget the VIP rooms or we will kill ya :irate: :mad: :o :rockin: :rotfl: ) it's your macho attention hungry leader who is causing problems, I didnt tell him 1 bad word.
You think I would call you if I didnt care about you 10 days ago when you left so sad ?
Who else did call you to make sure you are all right from our clan ?
Nobody .....
I'm really getting tired of his childish behaviour, and definately not going to argue with him anymore, especially here in console forum.

pinguinosupremo
01-30-07, 12:29 PM
=) aww.. how cute.. :rotfl: :thumb:

It's nice to see this.. it should happen more often.. :D