PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting an Xbox 360

loop2kil
12-31-06, 12:25 AM
$100 more for the premium...extras it comes with are: hard drive, hd cables, wireless controller and a head set. Not sure if i really need the extras. I want the cables and maybe the wireless controller but what is the main purpose of the hard drive?

Jim
12-31-06, 12:35 AM
The real way to look at it is that it's $100 less for the "core" pack, not $100 more for the premium.

The hard drive:

is used by games to store temporary data for quicker loads (think of it as a temp install that's done in the background while you play)

saves the games right to the system. Without it, you'll have to buy their overpriced memory card, which is an even worse deal than their overpriced hard drive.

is used to download anything (games, demos, game additions, etc) from the XBL marketplace.

is also [i]required[i] by a small number of games

SiDeWiNdEr
12-31-06, 07:48 AM
$100 more for the premium...extras it comes with are: hard drive, hd cables, wireless controller and a head set. Not sure if i really need the extras. I want the cables and maybe the wireless controller but what is the main purpose of the hard drive?

I've been looking at the 360 for a while just can't bring myself to part with the cake. My PS2 gets played about 2-4 hours a week and don't know if the 360 will respark my interest.
From what I've read the extra 100.00 would be well spent and as you gt into the 360 more you'll appreciate the extras. To purchase the extra separately would also cost a bit more.

Shagster
12-31-06, 06:20 PM
I am getting an xbox 360 as well and was debating it for a while since I don't need a lot of memory other than game saves and do not care for wireless. I decided on the premium.

You need memory and a memory card will cost you $40. The cables would probably cost your around $30. So basically you are looking at an extra $30 for a little under 20Gb more space, a wireless controller, live headset and a long free trial.

Rivas
12-31-06, 06:34 PM
I am getting an xbox 360 as well and was debating it for a while since I don't need a lot of memory other than game saves and do not care for wireless. I decided on the premium.

You need memory and a memory card will cost you $40. The cables would probably cost your around $30. So basically you are looking at an extra $30 for a little under 20Gb more space, a wireless controller, live headset and a long free trial.

The wireless controller gives you freedom.
Also on XBOX LIVE marketplace are awesome demos/trailers (game, movies) ....it's the way to go.
One way or other you will end up buying it, you can bet.:nod:

loop2kil
12-31-06, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys...helped me decide on the premium which is what i wanted anyway :)

Rivas
12-31-06, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys...helped me decide on the premium which is what i wanted anyway :)

:thumb:

It's cheaper, I can guarantee you if Shaggy buys it without HDD he will end up buying it anyway.
And why you should be limited by wires, i can sit on coach, my 360 is 12 feet away, and I do play in comfort. :)