PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for a PS3

Zilog B
12-22-06, 11:42 AM
Ok, lets just say I've been out of console gaming for a while. Like the last one I owned was a super nintendo.

I know somebody that got a PS3 and COD 3, so I went over to play. Only played it for about 2 hours, during that time two things happened. One time the guy on the screen ended up in a blank map, and I couldn't restart or anything so I had to reboot the PS3. The other time it locked up on the saving profile screen, had to reboot again. Is console gaming really this buggy?

d2fanatic007
12-22-06, 11:46 AM
I believe that there are a few problems with COD3 itself, cause Single-player campaign features a lot of warping squad-mates and floating set dressing and a friend said that he had a saving issue 2 for the xbox but not sure if it was his console or the game

Rivas
12-22-06, 12:06 PM
If you had to reboot it's the console problem.

I had to reboot my 360 only twice so far when it said disc is unreadable.

Jim
12-22-06, 01:34 PM
Normal in the sense that it's supposed to be that way? Obviously not.

Normal in the sense that it's typically that way? No.

But, it has been more common than it should on many PS3 ports, including COD3.

In theory, one of the benefits of console gaming is that it's not buggy (in terms of critical errors like crashes and such). There's a single platform to develop for, and while there may be slight variances in hardware or software, overall, a PS3 is a PS3.

However, that's starting to disappear in some cases, as with the growing number of consoles (and console owners) with online access and hard drives, the "release now, patch later" bug that pisses PC gamers off is starting to infect console games too.

It is also possible that Sony and Activision just passed it through their certification processes without much of a look, just so it would be on shelves in time for the system's launch.

Zilog B
12-22-06, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah, and playing a FPS on a console sux. Can't aim for crap with the controller.

Jim
12-22-06, 02:29 PM
It's fairly easy to control after taking some time to get used to it, but after years of playing shooters on both PC and console, I still stick with the 'keyboard & mouse > gamepad' camp.

Rivas
12-25-06, 01:35 AM
Oh yeah, and playing a FPS on a console sux. Can't aim for crap with the controller.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

n00b :D

pinguinosupremo
12-26-06, 10:43 PM
hehe I suck at all FPS's period. well then again.. I suck at all games.. haha.