PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet Extreme Condition 360

Rivas
12-14-06, 02:03 PM
Game is looking awesome, check out the trailer :thumb:

It's looking better compared to GOW :thumb:

link (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/lostplanet/)

7thkevin
12-14-06, 04:52 PM
played the demo it was meh.

RoscoPColtrane
12-14-06, 08:23 PM
i can't get the demo to work, never connects to a game for some reason, keep getting error messages when i try... :cry:

Rivas
12-14-06, 09:15 PM

The demo is there since march, it's pretty outdated.

Jim
12-15-06, 12:00 AM
You are one of the few I know of who has come to that conclusion. As Rivas stated, it is a fairly old demo, but it still felt more polished than many retail games. The game has looked fantastic from the start (and in all honesty, I hadn't paid too much attention to it until the demo dropped), and Famitsu's review paints it as simply outstanding.

In all honesty, short of any 11th-hour disaster before the US release, Capcom is blessing all of us with yet another AAA title, and their current hot streak continues.

pinguinosupremo
12-26-06, 10:11 PM
I don't really like it a whole lot.. I think I played the single player demo if there was one could've been some other game i'm thinking of.. i found that to be a bit boring.. then I played the online for a few hours.. blah.. that was boring as well.. so over all I personally don't like it a whole lot..

Jim
01-14-07, 08:51 PM
What, no love for Capcom? :o

YARDofSTUF
01-14-07, 09:11 PM
Capcom use to be the ****, in general there games seemed well made, good control, back in the day.

Jim
01-14-07, 09:35 PM
Capcom use to be the ****, in general there games seemed well made, good control, back in the day.
I don't know what happened, but in the past two years (in between their dozens of ports and sixty-seven Mega Man games for the GBA), Capcom is back to AAA status. They've always had their share of good games, but lately they've been churning out games that can actually stand next to their trophy titles like Mega Man 2.

Among other things, within the past 24 months:

They took the "survival horror" out of the equation, but somehow found a way to bring Resident Evil back from a flatline with RE4.

They also took all of the suck that plagued Devil May Cry 2 out and made DMC 3 one of the best action games in their catalog.

They also blessed us (via porting from GBA to DS) with two games in the Phoenix Wright series, which is quite possibly the most fun I've had with an adventure game since the old LucasArts/LucasFilm Games glory days of the early 90's.

They released Dead Rising, which was easily one of the bigger sleeper hits of the year, which was also quite a shock since they never really supported the first XBOX all that much.

They followed up their 360 efforts with the game that this thread is for, Lost Planet. It's short, it has its issues, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

And they took the aging PS2 hardware (which is basically seven years old at this point) and created Okami, which is hands-down one of the most beautiful games ever created (and actually found a way to make painting fun, even without the presence of Bob Ross!).

I've always liked their stuff, but now I can honestly say "I <3 Capcom" without much of a worry.

pinguinosupremo
01-14-07, 09:37 PM
What, no love for Capcom? :o

Capcom was the stuff back in the days but so far I don't think i've really liked much of their games.. aside from street fighter 2 and dead rising.. that's about the only 2 games I've actually liked from capcom..

I agree. The only thing so far that's recent IMO that was any good was dead rising..

RoscoPColtrane
01-14-07, 10:28 PM
I'm downloading the demo now (single player) but from the review i think i will wait for a price drop to check this game out. 60 bucks is just too steap for me. :(

Rivas
01-15-07, 12:57 PM
This game is awesome.I'm loving it, I saw it at friends place, getting it today.

Russell
01-15-07, 09:49 PM
I am definately gonna pick it up, but gonna try to finish Resistance: Fall of Man first.

gameplaya
01-16-07, 11:23 AM
I played the demo, but it was only live, not single player, but it seemed ok on the live demo. i cant get enough of gears though lol

FoamyX
01-17-07, 06:04 PM
LOVE this game, online is AWESOME mooemshire uncle! :D

Rivas
01-17-07, 09:41 PM
LOVE this game, online is AWESOME mooemshire uncle! :D

Nepheeeeeeeeeew, sugar :D :rotfl: , I love it.
I cant get through mission 3, I always fall from the moving container :irate:

Game is awesome and the story line is even better.:thumb:

FoamyX
01-18-07, 10:43 AM
:D sweet pea is your nick name!

gameplaya
01-18-07, 11:30 AM
i think ill rent it before i buy it, i wanna check out the campain mode

Rivas
01-25-07, 10:59 AM
Game is awesome/single player, multiplayer is horrible ...hated it.