PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

YARDofSTUF
11-22-06, 06:39 PM
The first and likely most challenging test for the newly launched Wii is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Serious players will use it to judge whether Nintendo's new console, with its comparatively low-resolution graphics and gimmicky interface, can deliver a compelling experience in a traditional game.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061121.gtzelda21/BNStory/AtPlay/home

Rivas
11-22-06, 09:35 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061121.gtzelda21/BNStory/AtPlay/home

It looks very nice, i dont think graphics are the main factor, gameplay is most important, what you are gonna do when the graphics are stunning but gameplay sucks.

btw does Wii have something like XBOX LIVE where you can compete against other players online ?

YARDofSTUF
11-22-06, 10:08 PM
Graphics look good to me, or at least good enough!

I think the wii has wifi.

Rivas
11-22-06, 10:23 PM
Graphics look good to me, or at least good enough!

I think the wii has wifi.

Sounds great.
When you are gonna get it ?

YARDofSTUF
11-22-06, 10:25 PM
Sounds great.
When you are gonna get it ?

I dunno, when am I gonna get a job? I just bought the garmin nuvi GPS, thats my last big purchase till i'm employed.

7thkevin
11-26-06, 02:18 AM
seeing that its a gamecube port of course its gonna be low-res

RoscoPColtrane
11-26-06, 10:55 PM
well isn't the WII supposed to be low res compared to the 360 and ps3? thats why its half the price! i agree with rivas, gameplay is more important than graphics. However it is really great to have BOTH! :D

YARDofSTUF
12-05-06, 07:52 AM
Screenshots are good, cartoonish looking games dont seem to show as big of a difference from regular tv to HD. And its fitting, low priced system, low priced TV.

Rivas
12-05-06, 01:43 PM
Screenshots are good, cartoonish looking games dont seem to show as big of a difference from regular tv to HD. And its fitting, low priced system, low priced TV.

I took a look at the screenshots, they are nice.
Are you getting it for XMAS ?

Jim
12-05-06, 02:03 PM
While I partially agree with your point, there are an equal number of cartoony-looking games that look significantly better in HD or on a "next gen" system. Even Kameo, which started as a Game Cube title (before it moved to XBOX and then to XBOX 360) looks miles ahead of where it was only a couple years back.

After seeing how good Namco's Eternal Sonata (http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_trustybell_tgs06.wmv) has already started looking (even on this shaky-cam taping of a screen), cel-shaded games may do quite well on these systems.

YARDofSTUF
12-05-06, 02:08 PM
I took a look at the screenshots, they are nice.
Are you getting it for XMAS ?

Once I find a job its going to be my employment gift to myself :)