PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 360

RoscoPColtrane
11-04-06, 05:21 PM
Everyone on LIVE NEeds to download this demo. So farim really impressed with it, the controls are much improved for the console world. Seems like they were actually thought out instead of just ported over from PC. Graphics are good, aiming is smooth, the gun models look pretty dead on.

CHECK IT OUT! :thumb: :thumb:

Rivas
11-04-06, 07:33 PM
Everyone on LIVE NEeds to download this demo. So farim really impressed with it, the controls are much improved for the console world. Seems like they were actually thought out instead of just ported over from PC. Graphics are good, aiming is smooth, the gun models look pretty dead on.

I'm playing FEAR on live.
Awesome game.
Gonna test finally Need for Speed carbon in a few.

Rivas
11-06-06, 10:13 PM

What kind of game is it Rosco, maybe i will get it.
Not downloading it my hdd is loaded with xvid movies i think i got like 20mb left lol

RoscoPColtrane
11-16-06, 11:41 PM
IGN gave it a 9.3 and called it the best rainbow yet! :thumb:

As soon as i played the demo i knew this game was good, aparently its GREAT! They say the cover system is the best in the buisness, even better than GoW (
(personally i think GOW is flawwed a bit this way!)

Also it has 4 player CO-OP over live! Heck yeah! It may be a bit premature to say but i have the feeling that GOW might be dead to me already! Picking it up tuesday and will give a full review! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7thkevin
11-16-06, 11:56 PM
you guys better knock it off :cry:

:thumb:

Rivas
11-17-06, 12:18 AM
you guys better knock it off :cry:

:thumb:

Relax ....few more days ....:thumb:

RoscoPColtrane
11-17-06, 10:21 AM
Rivas are you gonna *cough* buy *cough* R6? Gem and i already have it reserved and are picking it up tuesday at lunch. Im really looking forward to the co-op, 4 player over live will make for some interesting planning.

"alright you two repel down the glass, we will breach the door, wait for my sign to open up on them!" :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Rivas
11-17-06, 12:51 PM
Rivas are you gonna *cough* buy *cough* R6? Gem and i already have it reserved and are picking it up tuesday at lunch. Im really looking forward to the co-op, 4 player over live will make for some interesting planning.

"alright you two repel down the glass, we will breach the door, wait for my sign to open up on them!" :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I already got it, i'm still hooked up with GOW, there is now way i'm gonna leave GOW now my skills arent mastered not gonna leave that game and start jumping from one game to other.

I will play it later for sure :thumb:

RoscoPColtrane
11-17-06, 05:34 PM
sounds good man, the more i play GoW the more i see the flaws in the controls. yesterday it stuck me to a wall, i pulled back to back away from it and instantly started getting shot, i pushed the roll buton to excape and it pinned me to teh way, not out of fire and i died.....

:irate: :irate: :irate: :mad: :mad:

Rivas
11-17-06, 06:30 PM
sounds good man, the more i play GoW the more i see the flaws in the controls. yesterday it stuck me to a wall, i pulled back to back away from it and instantly started getting shot, i pushed the roll buton to excape and it pinned me to teh way, not out of fire and i died.....

:irate: :irate: :irate: :mad: :mad:

come on 1 death :D

RoscoPColtrane
11-17-06, 11:16 PM
yeah games really tick me off when the character doesn't do what i tell it to! i could care less about graphics if the controls aren't dead on, Gears is close but some things still don't set well with me....

Don't worry i will still play it, at least until tuesday! :thumb:

Rivas
11-18-06, 12:06 AM
yeah games really tick me off when the character doesn't do what i tell it to! i could care less about graphics if the controls aren't dead on, Gears is close but some things still don't set well with me....

Don't worry i will still play it, at least until tuesday! :thumb:

I'm not worried, we had fun tonight with F :thumb:

RoscoPColtrane
11-19-06, 02:42 PM
anyone interested in this game will be happy to know that marketplace just released the multiplayer demo, has a couple modes and should be fun, its around 1 gig or so. D/L'in now and will keep you updated! :thumb: :thumb:

RoscoPColtrane
11-20-06, 12:08 PM
its obvious that this demo is an earlier build than the single player one, the gameplay is pretty much the same but the graphics look like crap. Can't wait for the real game, this is some good gameplay!

Rivas
11-21-06, 08:21 PM
Lets hope it's not gonna be waste of money

RoscoPColtrane
11-25-06, 11:27 PM
sure isn't a waste, ive had Gears of War on for a total of 15 minutes since this game came out! Graphically it's not as good as gears, but the controls totally make up for it! This is the way the 'cover' system was meant to be played. I love having the ability to release from cover just by releasing the trigger. i can't count the number of times ive died in gears because i hit "A" and the danged guy continued to stay 'covered'.

The online play is great too, lots of gameplay modes, something for everyone it seems. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

i give this game a solid 9/10

controls are definatly a 10/10

graphics kinda hurt it (only because Gears is so pretty!)

if you liked GRAW or any old R6 pick this one up! :thumb:

Rivas
11-26-06, 03:48 AM
sure isn't a waste, ive had Gears of War on for a total of 15 minutes since this game came out! Graphically it's not as good as gears, but the controls totally make up for it! This is the way the 'cover' system was meant to be played. I love having the ability to release from cover just by releasing the trigger. i can't count the number of times ive died in gears because i hit "A" and the danged guy continued to stay 'covered'.

The online play is great too, lots of gameplay modes, something for everyone it seems. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

i give this game a solid 9/10

controls are definatly a 10/10

graphics kinda hurt it (only because Gears is so pretty!)

if you liked GRAW or any old R6 pick this one up! :thumb:

I have it I didnt even try to launch it yet, kinda busy with GOW.
I have no problems with controls in GOW, same goes for Jamie, tiberious, Kyle and bunch of others.
Only thing what i dont like about it is there are only few maps in MP, 10 or so ? maybe even less, thats my only complain.
Overall i give it 9/10.

RoscoPColtrane
11-26-06, 01:58 PM
There seems to be alot of "fanboy overlooking" going on for GoW, its a great game don't get me wrong, but its definatly not perfect, the controls have issues! When i walk to a ledge and have to stop before jumping down, and like i said i can't count the number of times i got stuck to a wall....

Its still pretty good! :thumb:

Rivas
11-26-06, 03:18 PM
There seems to be alot of "fanboy overlooking" going on for GoW, its a great game don't get me wrong, but its definatly not perfect, the controls have issues! When i walk to a ledge and have to stop before jumping down, and like i said i can't count the number of times i got stuck to a wall....

Its still pretty good! :thumb:

It's not fanboy overlooking, if you cant move while you are behind the wall you have to press forward or press the direction you wanna go and hit A button.
I had same issue when 3 people were rushing on me, and i panicked and didnt press the right buttons.
Controls = no issue
Maps = big issue, not so many of them
Video = awesome
Gameplay = excellent but sometimes you are gonna fall into some swamp filled with water, so far it happend to me only twice.

Gonna take a look at Rainbow6 today and i will tell you if i like it or now.

RoscoPColtrane
11-26-06, 05:15 PM
sounds good man! I didn't mean to say you were a fanboy, i just have read alot online about GoW and they act like it is the Be ALL 10 out of 10 game.

Do you ever have issues where you want to walk off a small ledge, and you have to come to a stop, then push forward again to go over it? i HATE that....

I hope you enjoy R6, i was playing today and i had 9 kills to my 1 death! :cool:

Rivas
11-26-06, 06:11 PM
sounds good man! I didn't mean to say you were a fanboy, i just have read alot online about GoW and they act like it is the Be ALL 10 out of 10 game.

Do you ever have issues where you want to walk off a small ledge, and you have to come to a stop, then push forward again to go over it? i HATE that....

I hope you enjoy R6, i was playing today and i had 9 kills to my 1 death! :cool:

I know you didnt, we talked to each other quite a few times I know you and you know me J :cool:
Yeah I agree, but it's way how the game is designed.You think i'm not annoyed ? Yes i'm but it's getting into my fingers slowly but for sure.Look at some of the pro players and their movements, they never get stuck and how unbelievable fast they are :irate:
When i get stuck and after i realize how to move/unstuck i'm dead already and I do understand your frustration.It's about team work, cover and speed.
Some maps i do play Rambo style usually in the house but they always get me in next to door so i started throwing grenades in before I enter :D

I have here R6, Smackdown, Eragon and COD3 ...didnt try them yet, no time.

Glad you are enjoying it over there I hope i'm going to like it too, if it's good Jamie will be getting it as well I do believe and unhonestone got it as well so we got good team, just bear with us in the beginning :cool: :thumb:

Did you think about getting COD3 ? It's ww2 ...I will post about it later, right now i'm playing usually only during late evening, during day it's doctors, doctors, naps, critters and then finally 360 :D

RoscoPColtrane
11-26-06, 10:53 PM
i hear you on that, seems like some people master games and make me go :eek:

I had a friend like that at Halo2, it was worthless to even play him, you just ended up dieing repeatedly, no fun!

R6 isn't for everyone, but if you can understand the game (tactics) then you should enjoy it. I love it because ive been playing them since the first one on pc so many years ago!

One thing i noticed today was that some of the maps are redone old ones, :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: great job too!

YOu should see how fun it is when a "halo" player jumps into r6, he gets destroyed! :D

i hear you about lack of time for playing lately. seems there aren't enough hours in the day. hope the Dr. is going good for you. keep me updated.

John

Oh yah, and GO PENS!!! :) :)

RoscoPColtrane
12-18-06, 11:15 PM
This game is entertaining! Ive been playing this game every chance i get (not as often as some) but have logged many many hours into it. Right now im exactly HALF way done with the story mode. Granted this is on the hardest (realistic) setting, but that is the only way to play in my opinion. Right now the only complaint i have is the SubMachine guns are not balanced properly. THe fault i think is that the guns have one accuracy rating. Its like a 1-10 scale i think. Well in real life the submachine gun will be accurate at close range but drop off on the longer range shots. Not the case in the game, they are just as accurate as the assault rifles out far (big complaint for multiplayer as there is no reason not to use a smg :irate: )

KINDA SUCKS GETTting sniped by an mp5 from accross the map. 1 good patch should take care of that though.

One thing that still amazes me is the controls. This game has the BEST tacticle fps controls ive ever seen, console or PC....they are simply amazing. Hold left trigger to take cover on the wall, keep it held and use the right stick to look out as far as you want. Release to get away from cover.

The AI is superb most of the time, sometimes my squad gets in the way (take it online 4 player co-op to cure this!) and the enemy is aggressive at times and other times takes cover like you would expect, watch it when they flank because they lay down covering fire while their squadmates move! :cool:

ONly thing keeping me from giving it a 10 out of 10 is the balancing issues with the weapons, like i said one patch should cure that though!

SOLID 9.5/10 BUY THIS GAME!

Nothing is better on 360! :cool:

Rivas
12-18-06, 11:54 PM
This game is entertaining! Ive been playing this game every chance i get (not as often as some) but have logged many many hours into it. Right now im exactly HALF way done with the story mode. Granted this is on the hardest (realistic) setting, but that is the only way to play in my opinion. Right now the only complaint i have is the SubMachine guns are not balanced properly. THe fault i think is that the guns have one accuracy rating. Its like a 1-10 scale i think. Well in real life the submachine gun will be accurate at close range but drop off on the longer range shots. Not the case in the game, they are just as accurate as the assault rifles out far (big complaint for multiplayer as there is no reason not to use a smg :irate: )

KINDA SUCKS GETTting sniped by an mp5 from accross the map. 1 good patch should take care of that though.

One thing that still amazes me is the controls. This game has the BEST tacticle fps controls ive ever seen, console or PC....they are simply amazing. Hold left trigger to take cover on the wall, keep it held and use the right stick to look out as far as you want. Release to get away from cover.

The AI is superb most of the time, sometimes my squad gets in the way (take it online 4 player co-op to cure this!) and the enemy is aggressive at times and other times takes cover like you would expect, watch it when they flank because they lay down covering fire while their squadmates move! :cool:

ONly thing keeping me from giving it a 10 out of 10 is the balancing issues with the weapons, like i said one patch should cure that though!

SOLID 9.5/10 BUY THIS GAME!

Nothing is better on 360! :cool:

I will have to start playing, it's still in my pile of games.

RoscoPColtrane
12-19-06, 08:20 PM
You should check it out, the co-op is awesome. IF you havn't played R6 before dont' jump off of it too quickly, it has a learning curve. :thumb:

Rivas
12-19-06, 11:21 PM
You should check it out, the co-op is awesome. IF you havn't played R6 before dont' jump off of it too quickly, it has a learning curve. :thumb:

Check out my Live profile, I tryed, dont like it at all, the video is like playing old xbox and the never ending manual reload is bothering me.
I didnt even know who is shooting at me, and they were just few metres away, I knew they were mexicans but so pixelated it's unbelievable.

It's ok but not my piece of cake.

Hope you are ready for some NHL, we didnt play in ages bro.