10-11-06, 01:23 AM
put in a linky and it might be more exciting :D

hehe

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html

http://www.gearsofwar.com/

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1650

Rivas
10-11-06, 01:28 AM
I was just watching new trailers, its unbelievable cool, well no wonder its in 1080i, i'm supriced they didnt do it in 720p i hope its not gonna be laggy.

Jim
10-11-06, 01:34 AM
The game can be set up for a 720p output.

Rivas
10-11-06, 02:22 AM
The game can be set up for a 720p output.

I'm not setting it up for 720p, 1080i is the way to go :thumb:
Everyone got same console its not like somebody got better computer like it is in pc games, all depends on connection, one thing i dont like about xbox LIVE and it is the ping is not accurate at all.
Played at least 30 games and it was so laggy i couldnt believe it and in main menu it was showing up great ping.

7thkevin
10-11-06, 02:18 PM
You better hurry up :D
well it wont be for a while :( unless I my Parents get it for me:D

I need to save the money to move with the gf.... lets leave it at that lol:D

Rivas
10-11-06, 02:25 PM
well it wont be for a while :( unless I my Parents get it for me:D

I need to save the money to move with the gf.... lets leave it at that lol:D

I hope its not the same gf you was bitching about :rotfl:
Screw the gf, get XBOX :D :cool: :rotfl:

:rockin:

RoscoPColtrane
10-11-06, 10:12 PM
i know most racing games are better in 720P because of the 60fps versus the 1080i's 30. Most first person shooters i can handle at 30 or above on my pc i guess the same would be true on a 360....kinda cool they give the option to go 1080i on this! This is the 1 game that makes me wish i had a 360 to go with the new tv!

Rivas
10-11-06, 11:16 PM
i know most racing games are better in 720P because of the 60fps versus the 1080i's 30. Most first person shooters i can handle at 30 or above on my pc i guess the same would be true on a 360....kinda cool they give the option to go 1080i on this! This is the 1 game that makes me wish i had a 360 to go with the new tv!

TV's are now so cheap its really unbelievable.
Try dell with 9.9% interest and option to pay it off anytime you want? I know few of my friends did it, i'm not sure but they will put you on 4 or 5 year plan and you can get nice Samsung LCD TV + XBOX.

RoscoPColtrane
10-13-06, 10:35 PM
thanks for the tip but i already have the TV, just missing the 360! :D

I have a nice 46 in Toshiba DLP sitting in the living room. Picture quality is pretty nice on it, i agree the prices are dropping like crazy, they are even lower now than when i purchased this one about a year ago!

Rivas
10-14-06, 01:38 AM
thanks for the tip but i already have the TV, just missing the 360! :D

I have a nice 46 in Toshiba DLP sitting in the living room. Picture quality is pretty nice on it, i agree the prices are dropping like crazy, they are even lower now than when i purchased this one about a year ago!

What you are waiting for then ? :D
Get the damn xbox
To be honest i was so excited about the first one and so dissapointed when i got it, but 360 keeps me going.I cant sit too close because it makes me sick i'm glad i got the wireless controllers that way i can play np.

Rivas
10-14-06, 02:54 PM
Not even a month .....i'm so excited :D :cool: :thumb:

Rivas
10-17-06, 05:18 PM
Few more weeks, w00000000000000000000000000t :thumb:

Jamie_R
10-25-06, 07:46 AM
oh yeah ... this is on the "buy first day" list :thumb:

Rivas
10-25-06, 10:34 AM
oh yeah ... this is on the "buy first day" list :thumb:

Dont tell me you got 360 and you didnt say a beep lol

Rivas
10-26-06, 02:03 PM
"few" more days :thumb:

RoscoPColtrane
10-26-06, 06:37 PM
im getting really jelous of the 360 owners out there! This system seems to be really taking off. Gears of war looks nothing short of amazing in all the videos and pictures ive seen! :thumb: :thumb:

Jim
10-26-06, 06:51 PM
Gears of war looks nothing short of amazing in all the videos and pictures ive seen! :thumb: :thumb:
lololololxbox 1.5 (http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gearsofwar_cinematic_h264.wmv)

Rivas
10-26-06, 07:05 PM
im getting really jelous of the 360 owners out there! This system seems to be really taking off. Gears of war looks nothing short of amazing in all the videos and pictures ive seen! :thumb: :thumb:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well i think its only me and Jim ...Kevin is gonna join us in a few and thats about it.Dunno what happend to that guy 2 days ago.

Jim thanks for the video :D

Holy **** the video kick ass and the music is top notch, thank you.

7thkevin
10-27-06, 01:54 AM
Holy **** the video kick ass and the music is top notch, thank you.

that songs been around for a while its mad world by Gary Jules made popular from the movie Donnie darko :cool:

and I go to the job orientation Saturday so I should start next week:D

Rivas
10-27-06, 04:42 PM
that songs been around for a while its mad world by Gary Jules made popular from the movie Donnie darko :cool:

and I go to the job orientation Saturday so I should start next week:D

Didnt know, that song is sooo cool.
Glad to hear that, so i better start training so i can kick your butt ? :D :cool:

7thkevin
10-27-06, 04:45 PM
Didnt know, that song is sooo cool.
Glad to hear that, so i better start training so i can kick your butt ? :D :cool:

pffff train all you want lil buddy :D

Rivas
10-27-06, 09:31 PM
pffff train all you want lil buddy :D

hihi
I'm not sure but does the 360 bundle comes with wireless controller?

7thkevin
10-27-06, 10:38 PM
what bundle? the premium pack?

Rivas
10-27-06, 11:04 PM
what bundle? the premium pack?

I dont know which one you are gonna get ?

7thkevin
10-27-06, 11:06 PM
game or the 360? lol
if the 360 im gonna get the Premium.. comes with the hd and wireless

Rivas
10-27-06, 11:43 PM
game or the 360? lol
if the 360 im gonna get the Premium.. comes with the hd and wireless

Ok ...and what games are you gonna get ? :D
I hope one of them is gonna be NHL 2k7 lol

7thkevin
10-28-06, 01:05 AM
maybe ill rent NHL cause I dont rly like hockey :p but it sounds like its fun..

but I know for a fact the first 2 games are gonna be Gears of war and Dead rising and call of duty 3 when it comes out

Rivas
10-28-06, 01:17 AM
maybe ill rent NHL cause I dont rly like hockey :p but it sounds like its fun..

but I know for a fact the first 2 games are gonna be Gears of war and Dead rising and call of duty 3 when it comes out

puss :rotfl: :D He doesnt like HOCKEY !!!!!! :irate: :)
BTW the need for speed carbon is for 360 as well and it looks waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

RoscoPColtrane
10-28-06, 02:31 PM
how can you not like hockey!? THen again ive met people that don't like real hockey but love video game type!

Rivas
10-28-06, 02:47 PM
how can you not like hockey!? THen again ive met people that don't like real hockey but love video game type!

He is gonna like it :nod:
Or he can expect in gears of war that we will shoot him :rotfl: :D :D

7thkevin
10-28-06, 02:50 PM
He is gonna like it :nod:
Or he can expect in gears of war that we will shoot him :rotfl: :D :D

come on BRING IT FOOLS! ill take both of you :irate:

Rivas
10-28-06, 02:54 PM
come one BRING IT FOOLS! ill take both of you :irate:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
OMG im ROFL .... :thumb: :cool:

7thkevin
10-28-06, 03:04 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
OMG im ROFL .... :thumb: :cool:

you wont be laughing later :D

Rivas
10-28-06, 03:23 PM
you wont be laughing later :D

I was just talking with Rosco on LIVE, we decided we are gonna shoot you :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
He went to buy NHL, cant wait to kick his butt :D

7thkevin
10-28-06, 03:26 PM
ok ok you guys think what you want to think but i still own:D

Rivas
10-28-06, 03:31 PM
ok ok you guys think what you want to think but i still own:D

What you are gonna do ?
You cant take both of us :D

Now seriously ....hope you can get it ASAP it will be so much fun Kevin :thumb:
I just have to get as far as possible from TV because i bet there are gonna be some fast movements and i wouldnt be happy puking all over me.
Not sure how many players can play together but i think up to 12.

7thkevin
10-28-06, 03:34 PM
What you are gonna do ?
You cant take both of us :D

Now seriously ....hope you can get it ASAP it will be so much fun Kevin :thumb:
I just have to get as far as possible from TV because i bet there are gonna be some fast movements and i wouldnt be happy puking all over me.
Not sure how many players can play together but i think up to 12.

or we can just have more of a Strategy type game eh?

but I cant wait either... a month i still to long... im bored now

Rivas
10-28-06, 03:41 PM
or we can just have more of a Strategy type game eh?

but I cant wait either... a month i still to long... im bored now

Doesnt matter, if i'm far away from TV i have NP.But of course i will play each day 2 MAYBE 3 hours maximum.Cant play longer.

Yeah, if there is gonna be some huge monster 2 of us will cover the 3rd one.3rd one will throw granades or whatever is gonna be available to do as much damage as we can.Did you see the monsters in trailers ...holy ****.
Borrow money from parents and go and get it :D
You got the job anyway already :thumb:

7thkevin
10-28-06, 03:42 PM
wait.. there co-op :wth:

Rivas
10-28-06, 03:44 PM
wait.. there co-op :wth:

:confused: :wth:
Just ask them :nod:

Rivas
10-29-06, 05:50 PM
Rosco i think we will need this for Gears of War, what do you think ?
I'm buying it only if i can fit it on my left ear, i cant hear a **** today with my right ear and i cant adjust it on left ear without breaking it.
NM i adjusted it, but its extremely uncomfortable.hate it.

link (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10081566&catid=)

RoscoPColtrane
10-29-06, 07:53 PM
can't get the linky to work, i have Gears Of War on reserve! Can't wait, it might be my turkey day game, sit around ALL day playing it on thanksgiving getting fat(ter):thumb: :thumb:

Rivas
10-29-06, 08:27 PM
can't get the linky to work, i have Gears Of War on reserve! Can't wait, it might be my turkey day game, sit around ALL day playing it on thanksgiving getting fat(ter):thumb: :thumb:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10081566&logon=&langid=EN

Rivas
10-30-06, 02:46 PM
I bought gears of war T-SHIRT ! :thumb:
Will be playing this game only with the T-SHIRT on :D :rockin: :thumb:

7thkevin
10-30-06, 02:52 PM
ware u get the shirt from?

Rivas
10-30-06, 02:56 PM
ware u get the shirt from?

EBAY

Gears of War T-Shirt & Game Case (promotional items)!

This auction is for a very rare Gears of War T-Shirt & Game Case! These items are very rare and were supplied to very few retail sources for promotional purposes. The t-shirt is an adult XL, and the shirt and the game case is 100% brand new and factory sealed.

This t-shirt is not being sold in any stores.

This is a great chance to own these rare Gears of War promotional items!

KICK ASS T-SHIRT :thumb:

7thkevin
10-30-06, 02:58 PM
eh I saw that... its the same thing they Siad about the Half life 2 Package when it first came out, was the only way to get the hat and posters... but now you can buy them from the site:irate:

Rivas
10-30-06, 03:00 PM
eh I saw that... its the same thing they Siad about the Half life 2 Package when it first came out, was the only way to get the hat and posters... but now you can buy them from the site:irate:

well it's only few bucks its not like 30 bucks t-shirt with game case.

7thkevin
10-30-06, 03:02 PM
well it's only few bucks its not like 30 bucks t-shirt with game case.

yea but I garentee there will be more Merch.. you know there gonna milk this game

Rivas
10-30-06, 03:10 PM
yea but I garentee there will be more Merch.. you know there gonna milk this game

I know but i'm not buying anything else.I was watching yesterday trailer how you play the game in multiplayer and to tell you the truth it's awesome.Rosco will be covering me and i will sneak from behind and use chainsaw, fastest way how to kill them face to face.

Rivas
10-30-06, 03:15 PM
I really wish you can join us at the launch Kevin :(
It's not easy game at all, 3 people would be awesome.

Anyway seems like i will spend rest of the afternoon in bathroom, burp, laterz.

Rivas
11-01-06, 02:21 AM
7 days ....w000000000000000000000000000000000t

7thkevin
11-01-06, 02:22 AM
no... 6 days...eb games and gamestop get it Earlier then reg stores

Rivas
11-01-06, 07:18 PM
no... 6 days...eb games and gamestop get it Earlier then reg stores

Doesnt matter
ok i think im ready ...Real Helmet, camo and GOW T-Shirt :D :rotfl:
I think i took it really too far my wife thinks i'm nuts but whatever, oh and i forgot on wireless headset :thumb:

RoscoPColtrane
11-01-06, 09:19 PM
can't wait!! :thumb:

Rivas
11-02-06, 10:15 AM
can't wait!! :thumb:

me too, btw sorry Rosco i went to take a nap yesterday at 6pm and i woke up right now at 8am hehe, hope we can meet tonight :thumb:

Rivas
11-07-06, 11:02 PM
Emergence Day is finally upon us, and as you gas up the chainsaw slung under your trusty assault rifle to do battle with the relentless Locust Horde, the question becomes less about what Gears of War® is (one shockingly fine-tuned action game) and more about what makes it transcend the genre to achieve pop-culture phenomenon status.

Just a taste of the magnificent detail.

Destroyed Beauty
I could go on for ages about the level of graphical detail and technical wizardry Gears of War employs, but that's not entirely why this game is so visually impressive. Instead, it's the marriage of the best technology has to offer with absolutely stunning artistic design.

Gears of War is certainly the blockbuster showpiece
for Xbox 360 that we've all been waiting for.
The catchphrase the Gears of War development team has been bandying about is "destroyed beauty," and that's exactly what this game offers. The pixel-perfect web of cracks on a statue is impressive on its own, but the fact that the statue itself is so heartbreakingly beautiful is what makes the effect so startling. Gears of War imagines a beautiful, classically gothic world, and presents it after years of destructive warfare, leaving no detail unrealized.

Detail Oriented
Aside from the visuals, what transcends a shooter from average to classic standing? One of those factors is the intangible 'feel' of the gameplay. The feel of Gears is made of hundreds of small decisions and factors that could have been ignored, but were instead fanatically developed and polished. For example:

In Gears of War, reloading isn't a matter of simply pressing a button. This ordinarily simple action becomes a thrilling struggle as try to time your reload properly to receive a boost in damage. This is called an active reload. If you don't use it, your gun will reload automatically, which takes precious seconds. If you fail to reload properly, you may jam your gun, leaving yourself vulnerable for even longer.
Placing Marcus Fenix in the bottom-left-hand corner of the screen instead of the center allows all the benefits of both third-person and first-person perspectives, while allowing the character to move freely.
In the dark, clad in armor, or just at a distance, targets can be hard to pick out. You can rely on your targeting reticule to turn red if your target is a foe.
The chainsaw under your gun must be revved up before it can be used to attack. This makes using it feel much more satisfying, but it also means if you hear a chainsaw attack coming, you have a second to react before getting butchered.
In any other game moving from cover to cover would be a lateral exercise, but Gears recognizes cover even at odd angles, allowing a seamless transfer no matter what the circumstances.
Guide lines appear when you prepare to throw a grenade, eliminating the guess work that is apparently the standard in other shooter games. You can still chuck grenades from the hip, though, if you feel confident in your grenadier skills.

You'll hear that saw coming.

The preceding points aren't even necessarily the most impressive, but just a sampling of a list that could go on and on. Even better, all of these points are features that you won't notice if you aren't paying attention. The fact that these are all so intuitive, so well built into the game, makes them that much better.

Change of Pace
Gears of War is no one-trick pony either, and while there are plenty of gamers who will be satisfied with constant shooting mayhem, that's not what makes a game revolutionary. Consider Halo®. One of the many reasons it was lauded as having changed shooters forever is the use of the Warthog. That one simple game mechanic offered a much need change of pace, which changed the rhythm of the game and kept gameplay fresh.

Locked on? Time to call down the thunder.

Going into too much detail would spoil the some of the fun, so let's just say that Gears offers consistent changes throughout the game, making sure you never get bored. Whether it's a unique enemy battle, an environment variant that puts you on edge, or a Warthog-esque experience, the developers have taken painstaking efforts to keep the Gears experience fresh, exciting, and perhaps best of all, surprising.

Cooperative Bliss
Gears of War marks the first major next-gen title to allow co-op play through the entirety of the single-player campaign. In fact, simply calling it a single-player campaign is selling the experience short, as every facet of every level is built with a second player in mind. Even if you're not playing with a friend, the game simulates their presence with at least one A.I. operated teammate.

Moreover, this cooperative experience is seamless, and here, Epic again demonstrates their ability to execute a good idea flawlessly. A friend can drop in to play at any time, and when they leave, the A.I. steps right back in to take over. No muss, no fuss, and no extra complicated menu options.

There are landmark games for every console. For Xbox®, it was Halo, and while Halo® 3 will continue to be a hotly anticipated title, Gears of War is certainly the blockbuster showpiece for Xbox 360™ that we've all been waiting for. To put it simply, it is everything it claimed to be, and everything we hoped it would be as well.

Article by Ryan Treit

Seems like you was right, not sure yet.

Rivas
11-07-06, 11:08 PM
I think it's good because i doubt all 4 of us are gonna be online at same time especialy when i'm taking naps during day.