PDA

View Full Version : Configuring a few Dell XPS M2010 "showstoppers" today.

koldchillah
09-11-06, 11:36 AM
This thing is a monster that folds up into what looks like a case carrying a nuclear bomb.

The display is nice, but it seems more like a gamer LAN party novelty system to me. ::shrugs::

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m2010?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

I'll post back after I've finished configuring one or two of them. We'll see how much "showstopping" this thing can do. ;)

YeOldeStonecat
09-11-06, 11:42 AM
Got the cool looks 'n all...but would you want to support it? How long is warranty period?

Reminds me of a trend a few years ago...I remember Gateway trying to push some of those oddities into the business computer world. Was like an LCD screen with a PC built into the back of it..sort of like some laptop concoction. But man....if a hard drive tanked, or onboard NIC cooked...was..well, not the easiest thing to service.

YARDofSTUF
09-11-06, 12:02 PM
Its got core 2, thats a good sign.

koldchillah
09-11-06, 12:53 PM
but would you want to support it? How long is warranty period?

nope.. and fortunately I won't have to support them. I just get to play 'n tweak before they go off to their owners. :cool: I forgot to ask how long of a warranty was ordered. I didn't have anything to do with the purchase, I just noticed the packages in my bosses office this morning and shortly after, it became an item on my "to-do list" for the day.

It makes for a good break from this Exchange VSS Writer issue I'm also fighting with today thanks to Symantec's wonderful BackupExec 10d.