PDA

View Full Version : Helping friend,motherboard problem

Rivas
08-30-06, 10:02 PM
100% Stumped, No post! need help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the deal.. .The computer wont post, im getting one long beep and three short. According to ASUS this means a ram problem. Ok, so i figure this old mushkin ram is on its last leg so why not upgrade to 2 gigs. So i bought some G.skill which came today and guess what? Same beeps. I tried resetting bios over and over with no luck so i decided to take everything out of the case and try just the mobo, processor and one stick of ram. Same beeps. I really have no idea whats the problem!? Can anyone give me some advice? The computer is in my sig

Edit - I forgot to say this but i did manage to get the motherboard to boot twice. Both times were with the mushkin ram, one time was a single stick and the other time it was two sticks on the same channel. Each time it booted i entered bios, saved my settings and it never posted again. Dont know why it decided to boot those select few times but it wont do it anymore no matter what config the ram is in.
G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
eVGA Geforce 7800GT
Sound Blaster Audigy II
Antec Truepower 550
Blue Chieftec case w/ 4 fans

and he got reply

I had a similar problem once with a brand new motherboard and RAM. In the end it turns out I had accidentally left an unused mounting fixture (the ones you screw the motherboard into) on the motherboard tray and this was pressing against the motherboard and shorting it. When I removed the errant fixture the computer POSTed. So that may be worth checking out.

Hope that helps

his answer:

Checked too see and everything looks good, i even reseated my heatsink thinking maybe something was touching there but no luck. It sucks having all these new parts and nothings working.

and he got reply
Your mobo is no good. It happens, brand new parts are bad all the time. Especially reman auto parts, but that's neither here nor there !

his answer:

Well, i had a P5SD2-X that was doing the same thing before... not reading the ram. So i bought this one to replace it. The beeps werent consistant with the P5SD2-X so i couldnt get an accurate reading. With the P5WD2 im getting the same set of beeps no matter what i try.

and

Update - With just the proc, no ram or videocard(i get the same beeps with or without a videocard) i get a long beep and two short. I googled it and i found "A video error has occurred and the Bios cannot initialise the video screen to display any additional information." Im positive the videocard works though, ive tested it on another system. With no videocard and one stick of ram i get the orginal one long and three short beeps.

Personally i think its RAM problem because that motherboard supports only certain RAM,i couldnt get working there Crucial ballistix Ram because it wasnt on supported list but when i bought "supported" kingston Ram it was working.Well what do you think ?

YARDofSTUF
08-31-06, 08:40 AM
So the mushkin and gskill are not on the support list?

Asus boards can be pretty picky with jumpers, but looking at a pic of the board I dont see any, so that may not even matter.

I do see a molex plug on the board and a 4 pin power plug along with the 24pin mobo connector. Double check the connections and make sure that the motheroard is aligned right in the case so that the video card is fully in the slot.

Do you still have the kingston RAM that you said worked?

Rivas
08-31-06, 10:17 AM
So the mushkin and gskill are not on the support list?

Asus boards can be pretty picky with jumpers, but looking at a pic of the board I dont see any, so that may not even matter.

I do see a molex plug on the board and a 4 pin power plug along with the 24pin mobo connector. Double check the connections and make sure that the motheroard is aligned right in the case so that the video card is fully in the slot.

Do you still have the kingston RAM that you said worked?

No clue i dont have the mobo anymore,i sent him url over here,its hard to help him when its going through 3rd person,i hope he will register.
Thank you YOS very much.

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 01:20 PM
Hi, i bought the P5WD2-E from rivas. I've been posting on anandtech and have a few replies but nothing is helping. Heres the thread... http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=27&threadid=1920098&enterthread=y

I just cant seem to figure this one out. I had two sets of ram, Mushkin PC2-4200 1.8v and my new G.skill PC2-6400 2.0-2.1v. Neither of them will boot, but i know for a fact they are good. I've tried multiple powersupplys, reset cmos over and over, reseated the proc, etc. Currently, I have everything out of the case. Its just the motherboard, processor and one stick of ram and it still wont post. I've tried the ram in every configuration possible with no luck at all. Any ideas?

Rivas
08-31-06, 01:43 PM
Hi, i bought the P5WD2-E from rivas. I've been posting on anandtech and have a few replies but nothing is helping. Heres the thread... http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=27&threadid=1920098&enterthread=y

I just cant seem to figure this one out. I had two sets of ram, Mushkin PC2-4200 1.8v and my new G.skill PC2-6400 2.0-2.1v. Neither of them will boot, but i know for a fact they are good. I've tried multiple powersupplys, reset cmos over and over, reseated the proc, etc. Currently, I have everything out of the case. Its just the motherboard, processor and one stick of ram and it still wont post. I've tried the ram in every configuration possible with no luck at all. Any ideas?

Did you take a look in the mobo user guide at supported RAM configurations ?
I was selling it with cpu at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14293&item=250016466025
but the cpu buyer didnt want the motherboard he had older P5WD2 motherboard so i had to sold it separately.

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 01:47 PM
Asus says either set should work fine. A lot of people get great results with the G.Skill i have and the P5WD2-E

Rivas
08-31-06, 01:58 PM
Asus says either set should work fine. A lot of people get great results with the G.Skill i have and the P5WD2-E

In user manual (supported ram) there are different brands of ram ,is your current RAM listed there ?

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 02:08 PM
Of course its not in the manual, they only list 15 models under pc2-6400. Most of them are cheap, they dont list any good brands like mushkin ocz g.skill etc. Heck they dont even list any pc2-8000 which we all know works on this board fine. I emailed asus and they said that either one of my ram kits are 100% supported. Ive read a bunch of reviews of people overclocking the p5wd2-e and my G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ and they get great results. Quite a few people on other forums are saying its probally a bad motherboard.

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 02:57 PM
I think i may have found the problem, one of the cpu pins looks bent. Would this cause the motherboard to not post?

Edit - Upon closer review, i noticed a few pins arent perfect. Riva, you didnt try to install a cpu incorrectly did you?

Rivas
08-31-06, 03:17 PM
I think i may have found the problem, one of the cpu pins looks bent. Would this cause the motherboard to not post?

Edit - Upon closer review, i noticed a few pins arent perfect. Riva, you didnt try to install a cpu incorrectly did you?

nope,it fits only 1 direction,the cpu what i used was listed on that ebay auction listed above.I just diassembled it and shipped out.

Gary335
08-31-06, 03:22 PM

It's possible that an incorrectly installed CPU would cause the mobo not to post. Carefully try to straighten the pins, and then carefully reinstall it. You should not need to use any force to get the CPU to sit in the socket. Using force will just bend the pins again. If after doing this the computer boots, then that was your problem.

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 03:32 PM
nope,it fits only 1 direction,the cpu what i used was listed on that ebay auction listed above.I just diassembled it and shipped out.

It only fits one direction but if it was forced in the wrong way the pins will bend with ease. Im not pointing any fingers but i know for a fact that i installed my cpu correctly.

It's possible that an incorrectly installed CPU would cause the mobo not to post. Carefully try to straighten the pins, and then carefully reinstall it. You should not need to use any force to get the CPU to sit in the socket. Using force will just bend the pins again. If after doing this the computer boots, then that was your problem.

Im not sure if you can bend these pins back, they are soo fragile and close toegther it will be very hard. Only two pins really stand out as being bent. One appears bent backwards so far thats its laying flat against itself. The other is no where as bad, its just a little out of align... it should still make contact.

Riva - Im going to take the motherboard somewhere to get a 3rd opinion and we'll go from there.

Rivas
08-31-06, 03:56 PM
It only fits one direction but if it was forced in the wrong way the pins will bend with ease. Im not pointing any fingers but i know for a fact that i installed my cpu correctly.

Im not sure if you can bend these pins back, they are soo fragile and close toegther it will be very hard. Only two pins really stand out as being bent. One appears bent backwards so far thats its laying flat against itself. The other is no where as bad, its just a little out of align... it should still make contact.

Riva - Im going to take the motherboard somewhere to get a 3rd opinion and we'll go from there.
It fits only one direction + there is arrow as well,its like lego you just put it there and it falls in.
Im not pointing fingers as well,but if you press the cpu too hard the pins will bend even if the cpu is in right direction.I wouldnt sell broken motherboard on ebay under warranty with 100% positive feedback,it doesnt make sence,if it was broken i would replace it and then sell it.If its bended use tweasers,you said the motherboard posted twice and then didnt,you reseated the cpu several times,maybe something went wrong there ?Use tweaser to strighjten it up.

Rivas
08-31-06, 04:21 PM
**** im really sorry you have the problems with the motherboard but as you can see on the invoice it is brand new,before i had P5WD2 and i replaced it with the E premium because i was told its gonna support Conroe,so i wasted 300 bucks and i was so pissed when i heard its not gonna support it.If i didnt care i wouldnt sent you the correct I/O shield with express shipping instead the wrong one from different motherboard.Btw thanks for sending it back i'm gonna sell that older mobo on ebay once i receive it.

You can straighten up the pins with tweasers or tiny screw driver GENTLY,i was doing it on my friends mobo but he had Socket 478 Asus mobo.

I was just going through tons of forums,they all have cpu pins bent but not motherboard pins.Few guys had bended mobo pins and they fixed it with pen.I was also reading if the motherboard is dead it wouldnt post or do anything at all.

Wait for YOS or Amro or someone else maybe they will be able to help,they are here later afternoon.

YARDofSTUF
08-31-06, 05:42 PM
Only two pins really stand out as being bent. One appears bent backwards so far thats its laying flat against itself. The other is no where as bad, its just a little out of align... it should still make contact.

That sounds like the problem.

Pic of how it should look
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/YARDofSTUF/775.jpg

If a pin is bent flat against the chip then that could easily explain the troubles posting. It is possible to bend pins back into place, but its also very easy to break them or bend others in the process of correcting one.

I would hate trying to bend a pin back on a 775 chip or a newer amd chip.

Rivas
08-31-06, 05:59 PM
That sounds like the problem.

Pic of how it should look
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/YARDofSTUF/775.jpg

If a pin is bent flat against the chip then that could easily explain the troubles posting. It is possible to bend pins back into place, but its also very easy to break them or bend others in the process of correcting one.

I would hate trying to bend a pin back on a 775 chip or a newer amd chip.

But he is saying 2 pins on motherboard are bend,"they are just wires" easy to fix imo,i didnt sell him cpu,only motherboard.

nm after reading his cpu pins are bend,that would explain why his older motherboard didnt work properly and propably bended pins on the motherboard as well.
uff now i'm breathing easyer

Unholy
08-31-06, 06:37 PM
Well the pin that is bent flat against the chip will probly break once you bend it back. Well unless you can return it what else you gotta lose.

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 10:49 PM
Two pins are bent, one is bent in a mannor that it still makes contact but its not aligned perfectly. The other pin is bent so bad that its not making contact with the correct spot. This makes sense why the motherboard booted only twice, the current arced and allowed it to boot but on the restart it couldnt make the connection.

Rivas - When you shipped the motherboard it didnt have the cpu cover that Asus includes to protect the pins, it could have very easily gotten damaged in shipping or when you were packaging it. Just like you said, its very hard to install the processor improperly. I'll attempt to fix the pin, if its unsucessful i would like a refund.

Rivas
08-31-06, 11:01 PM
Two pins are bent, one is bent in a mannor that it still makes contact but its not aligned perfectly. The other pin is bent so bad that its not making contact with the correct spot. This makes sense why the motherboard booted only twice, the current arced and allowed it to boot but on the restart it couldnt make the connection.

Rivas - When you shipped the motherboard it didnt have the cpu cover that Asus includes to protect the pins, it could have very easily gotten damaged in shipping or when you were packaging it. Just like you said, its very hard to install the processor improperly. I'll attempt to fix the pin, if its unsucessful i would like a refund.

The motherboard was in a Asus bag but i will give you refund.I will use the motherboard for my 3rd computer and i will buy some cheap Pentium D CPU
and if its working i'm opening ebay complain and dispute.
Your cpu bended pin has nothing to do with my motherboard as it was not working with your previous motherboard which means somebody tryed install it over there improperly already.

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 11:15 PM

Edit - I got a magnifying glass and the tip of the pin is broken. Its not severe but enough so that it wont make contact. I would like a refund, my paypal is Mealsonwheels127@aol.com

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 11:22 PM
The motherboard was in a Asus bag but i will give you refund.I will use the motherboard for my 3rd computer and i will buy some cheap Pentium D CPU
and if its working i'm opening ebay complain and dispute.
Your cpu bended pin has nothing to do with my motherboard as it was not working with your previous motherboard which means somebody tryed install it over there improperly already.

Ummm.... No. The last motherboard actually booted and worked unlike yours. The reason i bought this P5WD2-E is because my last motherboard used a SiS chipset which is known to have funky ram issues. It booted up and ran everytime it just wasnt 100% stable when overclocking.

Rivas
08-31-06, 11:27 PM
Ummm.... No. The last motherboard actually booted and worked unlike yours. The reason i bought this P5WD2-E is because my last motherboard used a SiS chipset which is known to have funky ram issues. It booted up and ran everytime it just wasnt 100% stable when overclocking.

Well, i had a P5SD2-X that was doing the same thing before... not reading the ram. So i bought this one to replace it. The beeps werent consistant with the P5SD2-X so i couldnt get an accurate reading. With the P5WD2 im getting the same set of beeps no matter what i try.

Your cpu is broken and you are asking for refund for motherboard? lol
Just a sec im going on ebay live and ask them what should i do.

mealsonwheels
08-31-06, 11:34 PM
How is my CPU broken? We are working with LGA-775! THERE ARE NO PINS ON MY PROCESSOR I really didnt want it to end up like this but if i had to ill file a dispute with paypal and i will win. You sent me a defective product theres no way around it.

Edit -

I didnt give all the details on this, The P5SD2-X is known to have ram issues. It always booted with the ram in single channel, but with ram in dual channel it wouldnt post and it gave off beeps. Thats what i was refering to.

Rivas
09-01-06, 12:18 AM
You sent me a defective product theres no way around it.

Ebay is saying something else pal :)
In spite of the facts i do have logs i just cant access them because im waiting for my conroe + i have original invoice and you dont.

EDIT:Forgot to add every PC got unique ID and it cannot be changed unless you change cpu with motherboard,when i was buying MYTHEATRE i had to give them my computer ID so they could sent me registration key.I have that as well.

9:28:09 PM System Welcome riva21 ...
9:28:09 PM System Connecting to server. Please wait...
9:28:09 PM System Connected to Chat Server
9:28:09 PM System Initial Question/Comment: Other
9:29:28 PM System Kathleen B. has joined this session!
9:29:28 PM System Connected with Kathleen B.
9:29:35 PM Kathleen B. Hi,thank you for using eBay Live Help! My name is Kathleen how may I help you?

9:29:38 PM You hello
9:29:46 PM Kathleen B. Hello there. How may I help you?

9:30:07 PM You I have a "little" problem,i sold computer motherboard,item number is 250019044535
9:30:30 PM You I received payment,everything was fine
9:31:30 PM You Now the buyer is asking for refund because his CPU pins are broken and he is saying its because of my motherboard even tho he said his previous motherboard had exactly same problem.
9:31:33 PM Kathleen B. What seems to be the problem?

9:32:37 PM You So i dont know what should i do
9:32:53 PM Kathleen B. I see, sorry to hear that. What you can do is try to call up the buyer and try to reach a statement or an agreement, if you really want to give the buyer a refund or settle for half since your item was in good condition, not just worked with his system.

9:33:51 PM You He already said his cpu pins are broken he just looked with magnifiyng glass and he wants refund
9:34:08 PM You I'm not very happy about it because its not my fault.
9:34:50 PM You So what happens if i dont give him refund ?
9:34:59 PM Kathleen B. I totally understand you, I don't see anything wrong at this picture as well. What we can do is try to report the buyer if the buyer will still persist on claiming refund.

9:35:26 PM You Yes he wants refund.
9:35:44 PM Kathleen B. Okay, have you specified anything in your return policy?
9:37:17 PM You Hmm not really
9:37:24 PM You There is something
9:37:54 PM Kathleen B. What is it?

9:38:08 PM Kathleen B. It is all in your discretion if you will refund him.

9:38:44 PM You Payments are due within 3 days of auction closing, or the item may be removed from your order and sold to someone else.

I guarantee the item you purchase is in the condition described in the Product Condition Notes section above, or you may return it for refund.

Shipping worldwide,buyer is responsible for S/H.

I do accept paypal verified members only.

I ship to confirmed addresses only.

9:39:25 PM Kathleen B. So nothing about return policy?

9:40:22 PM You No
9:40:26 PM You Thats all
9:41:45 PM Kathleen B. Okay,

9:42:26 PM Kathleen B. Refunds are from sellers and if the seller can prove that her items were shipped and received in good condition then the seller's may not issue refund.

9:44:12 PM You He just said there are no pins on his cpu,previously he said cpu pins are bend ..he told me i sent him deffective product
9:45:22 PM You I was selling the motherboard with my cpu,but the cpu buyer didnt want the motherboard so i sold him just cpu,how can i prove it was working ?What if he damaged it ?

9:45:59 PM Kathleen B. You may send all the report to our Trust and Safety team.

9:46:30 PM You ANd what will happend ?
9:46:31 PM Kathleen B. Any files or documents proving that the item was in good condition?

9:47:24 PM Kathleen B. I would also recommend that if you list other electronic products, please include a return policy and offer a shipping insurance, these things are very fragile.

9:47:34 PM You I was posting the ebay auctions from that computer,so it was working,also its under warranty,its only 1-2 months old motherboard.
9:48:39 PM Kathleen B. Can you just send the warranty to the buyer and tell him to have it fixed himself?

9:49:18 PM You I have chat logs (personal) at the time i was posting the auction from that computer,there is date and time and it will match.
9:49:48 PM You I sent it to him with everything,he sounds now very moronic lol
9:51:22 PM Kathleen B. Then there shouldn't be any issue with the CPU, that will prove that the item is indeed new, you even shipped the warranty form for him.

9:52:06 PM You Yes i shipped him invoice.
9:52:47 PM Kathleen B. Invoice of the item when you purchased it?

9:52:53 PM You There is date,place where i bought it,only thing what its missing its my credit card,i cut it off,not gonna sent somebody my credit card number.
9:52:59 PM You Yes
9:54:58 PM Kathleen B. Please explain that to your seller's, that is proof enough that what you sent was in good condition.

9:55:51 PM You Well its hard to explain it to him when he is pissed,i can expect negative feedback as well,my first one,what will i do >?
9:55:55 PM Kathleen B. eBay is not actually involve with the actual transaction, please try to reach your buyer and advice him to send item to accredited repair center.
9:56:33 PM Kathleen B. I'm not sure but most probably he will. You can always leave a respond to the members feedback so you can explain your side.

9:57:34 PM You But this is ridiculous,why would i sent broken item when its under warranty lol
9:58:04 PM You You know it doesnt make sence
10:00:00 PM You Ok what about this,if he wants the money,should i ask him for the motherboard first or just send him the money and then receive the motherboard ..and if the motherboard is working,what should i do then ?It was working since i have logs at the same time i was shipping it to him,with date,hours,minutes even seconds.
10:00:54 PM You And its not one log,i think i have 30 chat logs.
10:01:56 PM Kathleen B. I really can't interfere about your decision on this how bout you contact our Trust and Safety team that your buyer wants a refund and you are unsure what to do?
10:01:58 PM You From 2 different clients ...
10:02:18 PM You Ok im gonna do it
10:02:41 PM You Where should i go and should i tell them what i told you all over again ?
10:03:43 PM Kathleen B. Just the details, make sure you specify the warranty still intact.

10:04:15 PM Kathleen B. To file a report to our webform, please go to the help pages and click on the link "Contact Us". Once on the page, please choose the appropriate category and subcategory and hit the "Continue" button.

10:04:16 PM You Where is your safety and Trust team
10:05:05 PM Kathleen B. Here's your link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/result_6_5_3.html

10:06:01 PM Kathleen B. Our Trust and Safety team is another department that handles mostly these concerns, they can be reached by emails.

10:06:33 PM You which one of those 3
10:06:48 PM Kathleen B. Once on the page, please click on the "Email Us" link.

10:07:27 PM You got it.
10:07:30 PM You ?
10:07:36 PM You Thats all ?
10:08:22 PM Kathleen B. Yup! Just wait for their response.

10:08:44 PM Kathleen B. Just try to stall your buyer while waiting for our Trust and Safety team's response.

10:09:28 PM You I was going to tell him what we talked about,so i guess i shouldnt
10:10:33 PM Kathleen B. Well, you may tell him that, you may also tell him what we had talked about, but of course, if you don't feel giving out these infos then don't.

10:11:48 PM You I never shipped anything broken or damaged i'm not gonna play hide and seek,i will post our whole conversation.
10:12:16 PM Kathleen B. Good to know. Is there anything else I can help you with?
10:13:09 PM You No thank you,you was awesome!!!!!!
10:13:25 PM You Have a good night
10:13:30 PM Kathleen B. Welcome! Good luck on your transaction. Thank you for contacting Live Help. Feel free to come back if you have questions or concerns.

10:13:35 PM Kathleen B. You too. Bye

mealsonwheels
09-01-06, 12:36 AM
No offense but are you a complete IDIOT!? THERE ARE NO PINS ON MY CPU, ITS LGA-775, THE PINS ARE ON THE MOTHERBOARD. THE MOTHERBOARD CAME FROM YOU SO IF THE PINS ARE BENT YOU BENT THEM!! WOW! THIS IS THE WORST ONLINE TRANSACTION EVER!! I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO DO THIS BUT ITS GOING TO PAYPAL! YOU ARE THE WORST SELLER EVER, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!

Rivas
09-01-06, 01:00 AM
No offense but are you a complete IDIOT!? THERE ARE NO PINS ON MY CPU, ITS LGA-775, THE PINS ARE ON THE MOTHERBOARD. THE MOTHERBOARD CAME FROM YOU SO IF THE PINS ARE BENT YOU BENT THEM!! WOW! THIS IS THE WORST ONLINE TRANSACTION EVER!! I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO DO THIS BUT ITS GOING TO PAYPAL! YOU ARE THE WORST SELLER EVER, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!

If the pins are bend how come my cpu was working,i have proof of that.If the pins are bend you bend them.Go ahead contact paypal.I contacted already ebay.:D
BTW i had few pins on my extreme edition cpu socket 775 http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14872&vpn=BX80551PGH3200F&manufacture=Intel
Who is the idiot now? There are pins on that EE Smithfield CPU.
You are just pissed because you know i'm right,i'm relaxed as much as i can be,take a chill pill dude,you screwed it up :(

mealsonwheels
09-01-06, 01:56 AM
I screwed up? Give me a break, ive been building computers for over 5 years. I didnt bend anything. I put my cpu in VERY GENTLE and applied a thin layer of AS5 and thats it.

And just for the record, Your puny little red bar will have no affect on the outcome of this case. Fact is, I did nothing wrong. All the evidence is in my favor whether you like it or not. I actually noticed the pins looking a little funny as soon as i opened the box but i was blinded by how nice you were. I really didnt think someone that nice would try to rip me off, too bad i was soooo wrong. Sorry it turned out this way.

Rivas
09-01-06, 02:17 AM
I screwed up? Give me a break, ive been building computers for over 5 years. I didnt bend anything. I put my cpu in VERY GENTLE and applied a thin layer of AS5 and thats it.

And just for the record, Your puny little red bar will have no affect on the outcome of this case. Fact is, I did nothing wrong. All the evidence is in my favor whether you like it or not. I actually noticed the pins looking a little funny as soon as i opened the box but i was blinded by how nice you were. I really didnt think someone that nice would try to rip me off, too bad i was soooo wrong. Sorry it turned out this way.

How can i rip you off when the item is under warranty you stupid moron.IT DOESNT MAKE SENCE.
I regret i even brought you over here with good intensions to help you GEEZE i was so wrong.

End Communication and Escalate to a Claim

mealsonwheels
09-02-06, 08:59 PM
How can i rip you off when the item is under warranty you stupid moron.IT DOESNT MAKE SENCE.
I regret i even brought you over here with good intensions to help you GEEZE i was so wrong.

End Communication and Escalate to a Claim

Lets make a deal, you give me a refund and ill send everything back and i wont leave you negative feedback on ebay. Deal?

Rivas
09-02-06, 11:09 PM
Lets make a deal, you give me a refund and ill send everything back and i wont leave you negative feedback on ebay. Deal?
Sounds reasonable but if you were so sure i damaged it you would do same thing like i did "End Communication and Escalate to a Claim" right a way.I replyed you on paypal and i End Communication and Escalate to a Claim right a way because i never shipped deffective product.I even shipped you the right I/O shield with express shipping because the one what you got was from different motherboard when i heard you received wrong one.And you know it.Your computer booted twice,if the pin was broken it would boot at all thats the strangest thing.It was shipped in 2 boxes,and packed top notch you cant deny it with fragile stickers on every side of the box.Now there is 3rd party investigating this issue,even if you loose and i'm pretty sure you will i will give you some refund,you have my word on that.Thats all what i have to say,and i think it sounds fair.

mealsonwheels
09-03-06, 02:14 PM
The reason it booted twice is very clear. The pin(s) is a HAIR from making contact with the spot on the CPU. The current arced and it was enough for the motherboard to past its POST tests. On the restart it couldnt make the connection so it failed the POST tests. Very simple.

Rivas
09-03-06, 02:58 PM
The reason it booted twice is very clear. The pin is a HAIR from making contact with the spot on the CPU. The current arced and it was enough for the motherboard to past its POST tests. On the restart it couldnt make the connection so it failed the POST tests. Very simple.

You said above the pin is broken and 2nd one is bent over.
You think i will give you refund you will keep motherboard and then you will RMA it ? :rotfl:
You broke the pins there is no doubt about that,and let me make you one thing clear you are not gonna get refund no matter what :nope:
I made my mind,have fun and i advice you to buy some older mobos with cpus at least you will learn how to properly install them :rotfl:
:rockin:

YeOldeStonecat
09-03-06, 03:07 PM
BTW i had few pins on my extreme edition cpu socket 775 http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14872&vpn=BX80551PGH3200F&manufacture=Intel
Who is the idiot now? There are pins on that EE Smithfield CPU.

Where?
http://www.gamepc.com/images/labs/rev-c2x-botSM.jpg

mealsonwheels
09-03-06, 03:09 PM
You just showed your true colors. The pins are bent broken or whatever they are, AND YOU DID IT. I dont want this motherboard, paypal will give me my money back and i will send this back to you. Why are you being so DIFFICULT!

YARDofSTUF
09-03-06, 03:17 PM
Geez a few posts ago I thought there was gonna be a "settlement"

A little bit of miscommunication seems to have changed that fast.

Rivas
09-03-06, 03:31 PM
You just showed your true colors. The pins are bent broken or whatever they are, AND YOU DID IT. I dont want this motherboard, paypal will give me my money back and i will send this back to you. Why are you being so DIFFICULT!

They will not unless i pay them :p
I didnt do anything YOU DID IT.

Rivas
09-03-06, 03:34 PM
Where?
http://www.gamepc.com/images/labs/rev-c2x-botSM.jpg

In the middle there are 4 or 5 golden plated wires.Motherboard does have just "silver wires" or whatever color it is.
They are very tiny.
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14872&vpn=BX80551PGH3200F&manufacture=Intel

mealsonwheels
09-03-06, 03:56 PM
They will not unless i pay them :p
I didnt do anything YOU DID IT.

Yeah, I damaged it and theres pins on your cpu :rolleyes:

Rivas
09-03-06, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I damaged it and theres pins on your cpu :rolleyes:

I dont have to argue with you anymore for few pennys :rolleyes:
I was going to pay you but not anymore,and like i said you will not receive money from paypal unless i pay them :p
I contacted buyer of the cpu and he said there are few pins on it,so go figure you LIAR.:rolleyes:

YARDofSTUF
09-03-06, 04:05 PM
I contacted buyer of the cpu and he said there are few pins on it,so go figure you LIAR.:rolleyes:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.levi.cz/images_k/AHAO840.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.levi.cz/produkt_detail.php%3Fid%3D21184&h=329&w=225&sz=20&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=zGLrqYtqO1GU8M:&tbnh=119&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3D840%2Bsmithfield%2B775%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

I see no pins.

Rivas
09-03-06, 04:12 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.levi.cz/images_k/AHAO840.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.levi.cz/produkt_detail.php%3Fid%3D21184&h=329&w=225&sz=20&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=zGLrqYtqO1GU8M:&tbnh=119&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3D840%2Bsmithfield%2B775%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

I see no pins.

Czech republic heh ? :D
Cena bez dane pridanej hodnoty(without tax) 10 823 KC = around 400 USD.
That picture is no clearer than Cats or ncix,THE PINS ARE IN MIDDLE,AND THE SIZE OF THEM IS 1mm.(maybe 1,5 mm).

YeOldeStonecat
09-03-06, 04:33 PM
This one clearer?
http://www.ixbt.com/cpu/images/s775-cpu/s775-cpu-pins.jpg

Rivas
09-03-06, 04:36 PM
This one clearer?
http://www.ixbt.com/cpu/images/s775-cpu/s775-cpu-pins.jpg

Nope,doesnt even say what kind of 775 cpu it is.

I had it home,i know it does have tiny pins,no doubt about that.
But are we talking about broken cpu or broken motherboard?

YARDofSTUF
09-03-06, 04:43 PM
Nope,doesnt even say what kind of 775 cpu it is.

I had it home,i know it does have tiny pins,no doubt about that.
But are we talking about broken cpu or broken motherboard?

Well since we have cleared up that there are no pins on it...

YeOldeStonecat
09-03-06, 04:44 PM
The socket layout of all the 775's is the same...here's one of 3x types..the Prescott D, the Smithfield in the middle, and the Presler to the right.
http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/11844/cpus.jpg

Rivas
09-03-06, 04:49 PM
Well since we have cleared up that there are no pins on it...

Pins are in the middle pic on right side,very tiny,its not cleared up ...

YARDofSTUF
09-03-06, 06:52 PM
Pins are in the middle pic on right side,very tiny,its not cleared up ...

Theres nothing on the socket in the center area for any pin to contact, plus I see no evidence of pins in that area.

Rivas
09-03-06, 07:14 PM
Theres nothing on the socket in the center area for any pin to contact, plus I see no evidence of pins in that area.

Did you have that CPU ...simple question.
If not there is really nothing we can talk about because i had it for 10 months.

YARDofSTUF
09-04-06, 02:02 AM
Did you have that CPU ...simple question.
If not there is really nothing we can talk about because i had it for 10 months.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/YARDofSTUF/49.jpg

Theres an even better pic, and we can talk about it because its a standard design, not made special for you. Though it has little bearing on meals outcome.

mealsonwheels
09-04-06, 03:59 PM
Case is under review, hopefully it will work out in my favor.