PDA

View Full Version : Switched mobo's

Izzo
08-10-06, 11:25 PM
Yeah so y'know the DFI board died ...RMA'd it ... instead of sending me a new one they sent me a check.....didn't feel like waiting for a new one so I got the A8N SLI Premium from a local place. I like this little external power hookup they got ...That is all.

YARDofSTUF
08-11-06, 12:14 AM
External Power?

Izzo
08-11-06, 12:36 AM
External Power?

molex coming out from the back of the case ... clips in like a card ..i assume for perty lights 'n things

YARDofSTUF
08-11-06, 01:19 AM
Pics!

Izzo
08-11-06, 09:16 AM
Pics!

Upon further review ...its an external Sata connection ..power in the middle connections on the side ... I don't have any external devices as such ...could still use the power though i s'pose

Unholy
08-11-06, 12:52 PM
External Sata makes more sense since it's plug and play. I've always wondered though if it's ok to plug into a Sata power plug while the computer is on. I know it's a bad idea with 4 pin molex.

Izzo
08-11-06, 04:43 PM
External Sata makes more sense since it's plug and play. I've always wondered though if it's ok to plug into a Sata power plug while the computer is on. I know it's a bad idea with 4 pin molex.

I got the board late last night...skimmed the manual a bit and I thought I read it could be hot swapped ...I'll be installing it this weekend.