PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen maybe from graphic card driver

d2fanatic007
08-08-06, 04:25 PM
hey i have an inifinte loop blue screen at random times in my pc, gives me blue screen saying that the a device driver got stuck in an infinite loop (file listed NV4_disp) i didnt get the other info (like for example: EF0000000 stuff) they rebooted the pc on me before i got to write it down. :irate: But i know this happened after i installed the 91.31 driver from NVidia on July 21, 2006 (and its the 3rd time ive seen the blue screen since i installed the driver and then it makes my wireless keyboard/mouse miss connection and i have to put a wired 1 in just so i can reconnect the wireless stuff) :irate:

can anyone give me some input of what i should do? like should i just use drivercleaner and reinstall the driver or should i find the last driver they released that didnt give me this error and use that? cause the 91.33 driver was a beta release and i wasnt sure if it got full clearance of being safe?

i thought it was a virus but Kaspersky found nada and spybot n adaware came up clean, has anyone else had an issue with the device driver infinite loop? any help would be great and yea my bad this is the graphic card i use

NVidia GeForce 6200
Driver Date: 6/1/2006
Driver Version: 9.1.3.1

Izzo
08-08-06, 04:34 PM
double check to see if you card is supprted with those drivers and ya go back to one that works ..but use a cleaner to remove the old.

d2fanatic007
08-08-06, 04:58 PM
yea the card is supported, but i cant find the old driver, they keep linking me to the 91.31 driver and the beta version 91.33 has a blue screen fix but for the high end card and when it crashes in the 3D mark testing

should i try the EVGA recommended driver which is the 91.33 beta cause thats the company i got my video card from? or should i stick with the drivers released on nvidia site and if so can someone post me the latest driver before the 91.31

CableDude
08-08-06, 05:36 PM
Someone fix the skype icon, it's throwing off the tables. :eek:

d2fanatic007
08-09-06, 08:47 AM
Someone fix the skype icon, it's throwing off the tables. :eek:

I didnt notice anything throwing off :nope:

but as of now i did a clean install of the 91.31 driver from NVidia on my GeForce 6200 which is listed in supported, uninstalled and ran driver cleaner in safemode, then reinstalled the new driver that i redownloaded and ill see if that helps

Izzo
08-09-06, 09:29 AM
yea the card is supported, but i cant find the old driver, they keep linking me to the 91.31 driver and the beta version 91.33 has a blue screen fix but for the high end card and when it crashes in the 3D mark testing

should i try the EVGA recommended driver which is the 91.33 beta cause thats the company i got my video card from? or should i stick with the drivers released on nvidia site and if so can someone post me the latest driver before the 91.31

www.guru3d.com

They will have every driver you'll ever need for your card.

CableDude
08-09-06, 05:35 PM
I didnt notice anything throwing off :nope:

It's fixed now. :D

YARDofSTUF
08-09-06, 05:54 PM
It's fixed now. :D

Rejoice!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d104/YARDofSTUF/dancingbanana.gif

CableDude
08-09-06, 05:59 PM
Rejoice!