PDA

View Full Version : Conroe

Izzo
07-26-06, 10:52 PM
...i've googled and have seen nothing ...up to this point of me typing...that shows what they're going to be priced at....links please

YARDofSTUF
07-26-06, 10:54 PM
http://www.gamepc.com/shop/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=GamePC+Online+Products&category%5Fname=CPU&Page=1

Izzo
07-26-06, 10:54 PM
http://www.gamepc.com/shop/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=GamePC+Online+Products&category%5Fname=CPU&Page=1

Ya just found something ..dated like march though ...

Izzo
07-26-06, 10:56 PM
200 is kinda hard to pass up

G-IcE
07-27-06, 11:55 AM
That 6600 is promising,but will wait for Amd's answer first:D

YARDofSTUF
07-27-06, 12:21 PM

There will be no answer to conroe. AMD will answer with their quad core chip against intel's quad core.

G-IcE
07-27-06, 12:28 PM
There will be no answer to conroe. AMD will answer with their quad core chip against intel's quad core.
Oh well,would have been interesting.

Izzo
07-27-06, 12:30 PM

Ya , they got nothin until late next year at minimum... I mean the 3800 X2's are like 130.00 bucks...I'll prolly pick one of those up to replace my 3200..... a guy could throw together a bargain conroe setup for like 325.00 bucks (mobo and cpu) and smoke most anything else out there.

G-IcE
07-27-06, 12:44 PM
Ya , they got nothin until late next year at minimum... I mean the 3800 X2's are like 130.00 bucks...I'll prolly pick one of those up to replace my 3200..... a guy could throw together a bargain conroe setup for like 325.00 bucks (mobo and cpu) and smoke most anything else out there.
This could be reason enough to build lol

Izzo
07-27-06, 01:04 PM
This could be reason enough to build lol

cheapest motherboard i've seen core duo ready was like 165.00 and their bottom rung conro cpu was 203.00 so my bad ...368.00 ...but prices will drop it's only a matter of time ..you could throw a high end X2 setup together for dirt now too

edit : i'm sure others could prolly find stuff cheaper

G-IcE
07-27-06, 01:10 PM
cheapest motherboard i've seen core duo ready was like 165.00 and their bottom rung conro cpu was 203.00 so my bad ...368.00 ...but prices will drop it's only a matter of time ..you could throw a high end X2 setup together for dirt now too

edit : i'm sure others could prolly find stuff cheaper
I'll wait a while for future developments,price drops and such.

Rivas
07-27-06, 01:45 PM
all of them are gonna be available or just the low end ?
I'm looking on the extreme edition.

Shagster
07-27-06, 01:53 PM
All of them are coming out today on most of the big sites, some are backordered and the usual release day drama.

I'm grabbing a e6400. ZZF says it has it but on backorder. Hoping some pop back up. Gotten all my cpu's from them.

Rivas
07-27-06, 04:14 PM
I have right now INTEL PENTIUM 4 EE 840 3.2GHZ LGA775 SMITHFIELD 800FSB 2X1MB EM64T XD DUAL CORE and AMD FX62 as well

I wanna ask if i upgrade to Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Dual Core Processor LGA775 Conroe 2.93GHZ 1066FSB 4MB Cache am i gonna see big improvement or not at all.My Mobo P5WD2-E Premium does support this cpu so it would be only cpu upgrade and im using both computers ONLY for encoding,autocad,corel draw and photoshop,i dont game at all.
SUggestions ?

Shagster
07-27-06, 07:14 PM
Seems you can afford it, go for it, it will be an improvement.

Especially if you overclock.

FX62 performs in the e6600 / e6700 area for most applications

Rivas
07-28-06, 09:51 PM
Seems you can afford it, go for it, it will be an improvement.

Especially if you overclock.

FX62 performs in the e6600 / e6700 area for most applications

Thanks
Started using amd for hr.hdtv encoding,intel performs better for hdtv encoding.
But how big improvement :confused:
The price for both cpus are same,actually the current one what i have right now is lil bit higher.Dont know if i should keep it and buy EE conroe or sell it and buy conroe.

Shagster
07-28-06, 11:43 PM
Thanks
Started using amd for hr.hdtv encoding,intel performs better for hdtv encoding.
But how big improvement :confused:
The price for both cpus are same,actually the current one what i have right now is lil bit higher.Dont know if i should keep it and buy EE conroe or sell it and buy conroe.

Hold for the quad cores :D

There is a post about the kentsfield (or whatever the intel quad core code name is now) over at XS...looks very juicy. Intel claims a December/January release date for it. By then you'll have some good motherboard choices and the ram debate will have settled.

Rivas
07-28-06, 11:53 PM
Hold for the quad cores :D

There is a post about the kentsfield (or whatever the intel quad core code name is now) over at XS...looks very juicy. Intel claims a December/January release date for it. By then you'll have some good motherboard choices and the ram debate will have settled.

hehe will see :D
you think its gonna be so soon ?
I dont know i think its gonna be later
There are always good mobos but i got ticked off with asus with my last rma so i will go with abit propably next time.

Shagster
07-29-06, 10:35 AM
hehe will see :D
you think its gonna be so soon ?
I dont know i think its gonna be later
There are always good mobos but i got ticked off with asus with my last rma so i will go with abit propably next time.

Well if your gonna jump on conroe, hold a little for the NF5 chipsets. They will also support the quadcore when they come out (most of them).

I used to buy abits. They aren't the **** anymore. I got the abit 865pe 775 board for my 640 and the board was crap. Just got a Gigabyte board, only problem is I can't control vdimm and its overvolting my ram, other than that its a great board. My next board will be an Asus.

Rivas
08-03-06, 03:10 PM
Well if your gonna jump on conroe, hold a little for the NF5 chipsets. They will also support the quadcore when they come out (most of them).

I used to buy abits. They aren't the **** anymore. I got the abit 865pe 775 board for my 640 and the board was crap. Just got a Gigabyte board, only problem is I can't control vdimm and its overvolting my ram, other than that its a great board. My next board will be an Asus.

well i think 2 comps + 1 xeon server is enough
I'm selling this EE cpu and mobo,i'm not really using it anymore,i dont game and most of the encoding i do on my AMD FX62.
Not sure what i will do with the ram yet and PSU + HDDs propably add them to the rest of the computers and the ANtec 550W PSU im gonna donate to my friend.The chassis is huge so maybe i will use it for my hatched critters lol