PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: My computer ask for CURRENT Password after update BIOS

alex298
07-26-06, 09:35 AM
Hi,

Motherboard: Intel MotherBoard D865GBF

I have been using my computer for over two years. However after I installed the "Express BIOS Update P24". The computer restart and then ask for:

Enter the CURRENT Password:

I tried the Administrator Passsword. However it's not correct. Now I cannot start the computer. Please help! How can I know the password?? I need to use the computer very urgent!

P.S. I NEVER set the BIOS password before.

Thanks and best regards

YARDofSTUF
07-26-06, 10:54 AM
Reset CMOS, should clear it. If not, try not typing anythign and hitting [Enter] or try "password"

Sava700
07-26-06, 05:00 PM
tried "no password" just hitting enter?

alex298
07-26-06, 10:30 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for your information.

I tried "password", "PASSWORD" and without password. But it did not work :cry: :cry: :cry:

It seems that the only way is to reset the CMOS password. I saw a rather big round button battery (about 2cm in diameter) on the motherboard. Should I just take out this battery for a few hours to reset the CMOS password?

Thanks and best regards

YARDofSTUF
07-26-06, 10:51 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for your information.

I tried "password", "PASSWORD" and without password. But it did not work :cry: :cry: :cry:

It seems that the only way is to reset the CMOS password. I saw a rather big round button battery (about 2cm in diameter) on the motherboard. Should I just take out this battery for a few hours to reset the CMOS password?

Thanks and best regards

You can remove the battery, but theres also a jumper on the board labeled CMOS that you can move from pins 2 and 3 to 1 and 2 in order to reset it.

alex298
07-27-06, 12:42 AM
Hi all,

I solved the problem finally! I have to work overnight to-day because I did not work yesterday :)

Thanks for the information from YARDofSTUF! I got the motherboard manual and read it through the whole morning. I found the most important information about the CMOS jumpers setting. I would like to share with all of you.

1. There is a BIOS Setup Configuration Jumpers (3 pins) Setting on the motherboard.

2. There are three modes that can be set for the Jumpers Setting:
Normal Mode - Jumper set to pin 1-2
Configuration Mode - Jumper set to pin 2-3
Recovery Mode - none

For normal mode, the BIOS will use corrent configuration information and PASSWORD for booting.

For Configure mode. After the POST runs, setup runs automatically. And the maintenance menu is displayed.

3. Therefore I set the BIOS jumpers to Configure Mode, turn on the computer, access the BIOS maintenance screen, delete the password, saved and exit the BIOS screen.

4. Then I set the BIOS jumper to Normal Mode again.

5. That's it. The computer now boots without asking for password.

P.S. I think the BIOS password is set by the computer shop before sold to me.

Thanks again for the kind assistance from all of you. This is a really helpful discussion forum with good and friendly members.

YARDofSTUF
07-27-06, 12:49 AM
Glad you got it solved! Not use to a 3 mode biod jumper.