PDA

View Full Version : problems with my burner.

RoscoPColtrane
06-29-06, 11:06 PM
Im starting to have some problems with my burner. Its a 16x dvd burner and i primarily use verbatim -r's. Never had a problem with a single one. Burned TONS of dvds. Anyway a couple months ago memorex dvds were on sale so i picked some up. by the time i needed them it was too late to return them but for some reason the disks were showing up as burn speeds of max, 2.4x, 2x, 1x in nero and all my other burning software. Even at the 2.4x i couldn't get one to burn without erring out. I guessed that i either got a bad batch or my burner didn't like them. I picked up more verbatim and am now halfway done with burning them. Tossed one in today and its giving me the same 2.4x,2x,1x b.s. WTF is that about?

Does it sound like my burner is going bad to you? didn't have a single problem with it before this (verbatim disks anyway).

thanks for your time

RoscoPColtrane
06-29-06, 11:27 PM
LMAO! disregard this please! I just realized, after i updated my firmware, that i was putting in CD's thinking they were my dvds. I tossed in the dvds and now its back to normal! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Long week...