PDA

View Full Version : I am Cursed

Verizoncod
06-23-06, 12:37 AM
I have found that i have a curse, every computer i fix becomes high maintnance and it is making me mad. i had a celeron d (long live intel) i have it overclocked from its origonal 533 MHz- 599 MHz and it ran 57C but worked fine. so i replaced my cpu thermal paste to Hot Glue! And the temperature drops from 57C to 45C and the computers ram overheated and just died. i fixxed the one problem and another part dies. this has continued with my other computers. any wierd vodoo that someone can cure my curse with?

Sava700
06-23-06, 02:47 AM
stop working them.. and stop overclocking.. you don't seem to have it down just yet.

YARDofSTUF
06-23-06, 03:06 AM
Hot glue? Sounds bad.

How did your RAM overheat, did you overvolt it?

Verizoncod
06-23-06, 02:43 PM
no overvolting on the ram it just seems like everything on that computer decides to break randomly

KINGoFOOLS
06-23-06, 10:32 PM
You should hot glue your case shut to keep yourself out of it.... :rotfl:

Chris
06-23-06, 10:53 PM
You should hot glue your case shut to keep yourself out of it.... :rotfl:

Roofles

Kyle
06-29-06, 02:05 PM
Hot glue as thermal paste. . . :wth:

RoscoPColtrane
06-29-06, 11:58 PM
LMAO! wouldn't the hot glue just continually remelt everytime the cpu gets hot?! why did you do that?

:rotfl: Comment on gluing the case shut was exactly what i was thinking! Awesome!

Unholy
06-30-06, 12:06 AM
When it comes to sticking things together Glue > Paste so one would think that it is better for other applications too, no? This is also true with soldering as hot glue is quicker and more efficient than solder + iron when connecting two wires and it looks cooler. :thumb:

YARDofSTUF
06-30-06, 05:17 PM
When it comes to sticking things together Glue > Paste so one would think that it is better for other applications too, no? This is also true with soldering as hot glue is quicker and more efficient than solder + iron when connecting two wires and it looks cooler. :thumb:

The goal of the paste is to transfer heat to the heatsink, not keep it fixed on the chip.

Mark
06-30-06, 09:06 PM

do you really think that hot glue can transfer electricity like solder can ?

if so, please have a fire hose ready, LOL

YARDofSTUF
06-30-06, 09:08 PM
do you really think that hot glue can transfer electricity like solder can ?

if so, please have a fire hose ready, LOL

Twist wires together, apply glue to seal them in.

Mark
06-30-06, 09:14 PM
Twist wires together, apply glue to seal them in.

might work, but i am old school, solder and heatshrink for me.

Unholy
06-30-06, 09:20 PM
I was being sarcastic...:) I know what thermal paste is for filling in microscopic grooves and what not. As for replacing solder with hot glue it's a joke within the PS2/XBox modding community where people hot glue wires to the pins. :D I use solder and heatshrink for wire to wire connections and hot glue on exposed solder connections like for PCB's or pins.