I have a MSI K8N Neo2 and I keep Getting "USB Devise Not Recognized"

I am Not UseIng any USB Devise

How Can I fix this ?

TIA
Duz:) :)

YeOldeStonecat
06-07-06, 07:05 AM
Probably just the USB controller.

Download and install the latest drivers for your motherboard.
Install
When you reboot..if any devices still not recognized properly in Device Mangler...remove that device...then scan for new hardware. Should find it and load it properly this time.
Also make sure you have SP2 for XP installed..for proper USB2 recognition (amongst all the other reasons to have SP2).

Rivas
06-07-06, 11:48 AM
yeah
but i would install all MS updates SP2 included,usb cont. drivers,then remove the usb controller from device manager,restart and windows should detect it and ask for drivers.

Duzmor
06-07-06, 02:09 PM
I still can not get this fixed - I have Tried everything- when i remove it it will install the same thing "USB Devise Not Recognized" I have no usb installed - it is like xp see a usb devise but does not what it is

terrancelam
06-07-06, 02:38 PM
when your reinstalling your usb controller, select C:\windows\system as your source for the drivers. If it doesn't detect a driver for it, you are probably missing a driver or you have installed something that conflicts with the usb controller. If this is something that has recently happened, you can try doing a system restore to an older date before the problem occured. If this is something that happens immediately when you install windows, it might be a hardware issue.

Rivas
06-07-06, 04:54 PM
hmm did u try bios update ?
i had similar/different problem when i bought my mobo,but it was IDE controller,every restart it was asking for drivers,so i had to every time install them.After i updated bios the problem was gone.
Give it a try maybe it will help.

Duzmor
06-07-06, 09:25 PM
This Has Me Nuts:irate: :irate: I am Trying up-date (Re-Install) The Bios I am useing does (floppie) and the Bin file does not Match "6a61cm4d.bin" this is a MSI K8n Neo 2 Plat 725 - MSI Live up- date suc+s it will notlog to the server

I tryed to re-install drivers but it can not find any for the USB

I don't have any USB devise Pluged In so why is it trying Recognize one:irate:

Duz:) :) :)

Rivas
06-07-06, 10:22 PM
did u try BIOS live update from windows ?
Not sure if its possible on MSI boards.
I always download the rom file and then select it from windows and it does update.
or
afudos utility with rom file on fat32 HDD,then boot from floppy and update it from there.afudos /a*.rom and you should be ok.But i'm using asus board.

Duzmor
06-07-06, 10:36 PM
mSI has a pgm you install and it will find the latest bios and up date it - But the server is not working - I have always used AWDflash and added the bin file to up-date but when i do it with the Bin file from MSI it says the file, does not match ???

Duz

Rivas
06-08-06, 12:20 AM
mSI has a pgm you install and it will find the latest bios and up date it - But the server is not working - I have always used AWDflash and added the bin file to up-date but when i do it with the Bin file from MSI it says the file, does not match ???

Duz

thats strange
u sure u have the right file ?

Mark
06-08-06, 05:25 AM
tried clearing the CMOS yet ?

what happens if you disable the USB ports in the bios ?

A_old
06-08-06, 07:03 AM
use the crappy windows system restore to go back to where it worked..if it still fails, it could be a hardware issue

Duzmor
06-08-06, 10:04 AM
Ok I up-dated the Bios and Did a Fresh Install OF win XP pro- when I un-install the USB Unknown Devise- and Reboot the Computer Finds new Hardware but it will not work !!! What the heck I have No USB devise Installed

I thought it might be a Virus or spyware -So I ran Nod32 No Virus and No spyware

I have run Out of things to try -

This Has me Nuts :eek:

mnosteele52
06-08-06, 01:02 PM
It might be something other than a USB device, Windows doesn't know what it is so it's calling it an "USB unknown device". It could be a raid controller or something else, do you have all the drivers installed for all of your onboard hardware?

:)

Rivas
06-08-06, 01:22 PM
Ok I up-dated the Bios and Did a Fresh Install OF win XP pro- when I un-install the USB Unknown Devise- and Reboot the Computer Finds new Hardware but it will not work !!! What the heck I have No USB devise Installed

I thought it might be a Virus or spyware -So I ran Nod32 No Virus and No spyware

I have run Out of things to try -

This Has me Nuts :eek:

did u try the drivers what came with your mobo CD ?

Duzmor
06-08-06, 04:27 PM
I have all the Drivers installed - I tried moveing my Logitech 1000 Mouse to USB port- I had it set up to plug into the PS/2 Port but now it is On the USB- When I did this the problem went away = But Now It is Back -The Drivers for the Board are Nvidia 5.10 and ATI Is the Omaga 6.5 for Video I am running a dell 2001 flp on The Digital side of the Monitor

Duz

Rivas
06-08-06, 04:46 PM
I have all the Drivers installed - I tried moveing my Logitech 1000 Mouse to USB port- I had it set up to plug into the PS/2 Port but now it is On the USB- When I did this the problem went away = But Now It is Back -The Drivers for the Board are Nvidia 5.10 and ATI Is the Omaga 6.5 for Video I am running a dell 2001 flp on The Digital side of the Monitor

Duz

so is it fixed or not ?
if not damn it sux Duz

terrancelam
06-08-06, 04:49 PM
interesting. Well you've narrowed it down, its a software issue. Get the latest drivers for ALL your components, windows verified / certified. After that you can play around with trying drifferent drivers that might cause your system to be unstable or give you that unrecognized USB device errors.

Duzmor
06-08-06, 10:11 PM
Ok Here is what is going on with this USB Problem- I did a Fresh install of Widows Xp Pro and let the Install sit - and the USB Devise Not Recognized pops up - So this is something on the MotherBoard doing this ?

I did not install any drivers for Pgms and it still Happens

When Turn Off the USB controler in the Bios The Mouse will not work

What do Guys think ??? Is It a Bad Usb Controler on the board- Also the Pop up does not stay solid it Pops up and Goes away then it pops up (In and Out)

Duz

Rivas
06-09-06, 12:57 AM
Ok Here is what is going on with this USB Problem- I did a Fresh install of Widows Xp Pro and let the Install sit - and the USB Devise Not Recognized pops up - So this is something on the MotherBoard doing this ?

I did not install any drivers for Pgms and it still Happens

When Turn Off the USB controler in the Bios The Mouse will not work

What do Guys think ??? Is It a Bad Usb Controler on the board- Also the Pop up does not stay solid it Pops up and Goes away then it pops up (In and Out)

Duz

remove it from device manager,after u do that,restart ...is it gonna ask u for drivers after u removed it and restarted ? "new device detected bla bla bla please install from specific location or choose cdrom.Is it asking u that ?
if so install it from your cd or download the drivers,its usually looking for *.inf and *.sys files.

Duzmor
06-09-06, 06:23 AM
remove it from device manager,after u do that,restart ...is it gonna ask u for drivers after u removed it and restarted ? "new device detected bla bla bla please install from specific location or choose cdrom.Is it asking u that ?
if so install it from your cd or download the drivers,its usually looking for *.inf and *.sys files.

When I Un-install the Un-known USB Devise and Re-boot window will find New Hardware down On the Task Bar (By The Clock Right Side) It will not let Me Search specific location

Duz

Duzmor
06-09-06, 07:56 AM
I found the Problem :thumb: :thumb:

It Is the D-Bracket That comes with the MSI K8n Neo2 It Has 2 usb Ports on it that plug in to the MotherBoard - This is were the USB Un-Known Devise was comeing from "Why MSI does not give drivers for this who Knows"

I Just Un Pluged The USB from the MainBoard and the Un-Known devise went away in Device Mgr- "The D-Bracket gives you 16 Combinations of signal to debug the System pluse 2 USB Ports"

This Is a Pic of the D-Bracket the Top One:

http://duzmor.250free.com/80_1_7_l.jpg

I would Like to Say thanks to all that helped with my problem

Thanks again

Bruce
Duz

Rivas
06-09-06, 11:15 AM
we didnt help,we tryed you did it on your own
good job Duz :thumb:

Mark
06-09-06, 03:54 PM
Duz, i haved used the same usb bracket without issue before, are you sure you had it plugged in the mobo correctly, just had to ask :D

Duzmor
06-09-06, 06:28 PM
Duz, i haved used the same usb bracket without issue before, are you sure you had it plugged in the mobo correctly, just had to ask :D

Hi Mark - Yes the No Pin Is On the Right side Bottom- It worked for about 8mth then I get The error

I think the Cable Went Bad

Duz