PDA

View Full Version : Wierd uploading on P2P program

XH42
03-01-05, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if I should post this problem on this forum but anyway, here goes.

When I looked at my upload stats I found out that everytime the files starts sending, it kind of drop to below 1KB then it'll stop. And this problem I ahve really pisses me off. I couldn't find the reason. Same goes with emule, edonkey, or shareaza, I forward the port and have HighID on these network, reachable, and connection test success. My download seems to be fine, but my upload is just "crap" :confused: . However, The only time I give good upload is when I upload files to other people who have some sort of proxy network running on their PC. For ex) the Webcache Mod they have for emule gives somekind of good feature while on proxy. I upload files to my friends normally on MSN messenger while portforwarded by UPNP.

Some poeple siad it might be the linksys router I run on (WRT54GS, yes it's wireless), some said it might be because of the ISP provider doing port blocking (though less chance) or port throttling, I have SHAW as my ISP.

I have Windows XP2 Updated, not using the WIndows Intergrated Firewall, Kerio personal. (don't the OS matters cause I had swith to Windows 2003 before). The speed test I got from the Shaw Speed Test gives me around 2000/950 for the bandwidth. Running on the linksys WRT54GS wireless router with another person's computer, with the latest firmware. Setup a Static internal address on my computer A USB linksys 54MB Wireless-G network adapter. Athlon XP 2.2GHz, 1GB of Ram.

Haven't find the clue why this is happening, If anyone have some sugestion or answers to me I would be deeply appreciated. This have been the pain the the ars for about half a year now.

mccoffee
03-01-05, 11:56 PM
i want to say provider on the linksy though make sure mtu is set and enabled to 1500 black wan requests are disabled also make sure you have the ports mapped into the router for those applications.

XH42
03-04-05, 01:57 AM
i want to say provider on the linksy though make sure mtu is set and enabled to 1500 black wan requests are disabled also make sure you have the ports mapped into the router for those applications.

So then what is black WAN request? and where could i find this option?In my router setting?

mccoffee
03-04-05, 01:59 AM
security tab or advanced tab depening on firmware version

XH42
03-04-05, 04:38 PM
security tab or advanced tab depening on firmware version

I can't find that option. In Security Tab there's the option "Firewall" and "VPN". I can't find it anywhere.

KevinF
03-04-05, 09:38 PM
Are you talking block or "black"?

I can't find anything black on mine either, but I can find "Block anonymous requests".

XH42
03-05-05, 12:33 AM
Are you talking block or "black"?

I can't find anything black on mine either, but I can find "Block anonymous requests".

same

mccoffee
03-05-05, 12:26 PM
"Block anonymous requests". disable this they changed the wording of it sorry about that

XH42
03-08-05, 01:45 AM
"Block anonymous requests". disable this they changed the wording of it sorry about that

Thanks. Also, do I need to uncheck the option "filter multicast?"

EDIT:
Damn, still the same, I guess I'll need to change my ISP. :(

mccoffee
03-09-05, 12:49 PM
give that one shot at diabled

XH42
03-10-05, 07:00 PM
give that one shot at diabled

Damn, doesn't work.I can upload pretty well on messenger. Goes up to 130KB. But on P2P it won't work. Thanks anyway.

mccoffee
03-10-05, 08:31 PM
that sounds like a setting in the p2p program it self or you don't have a port mapped also it could be you could only up load as fast as the person is receving in a round about way.

XH42
03-11-05, 04:43 PM
that sounds like a setting in the p2p program it self or you don't have a port mapped also it could be you could only up load as fast as the person is receving in a round about way.

No it does that to all the P2P programs I've tried: Shareaza, emule, edonkey, Kazaa Lite. Seems to be like that on Bittorrent too.

Ports are forwarded that's why I get High ID.

Well my uploads are not how it supposed to be. It's like the upload goes to a decent 5KB-10KB, Within Seconds it's drops to 0B. There seems to be a blockage. But I still can't find the answer