PDA

View Full Version : Sprint BBD

Paymon
10-07-00, 11:29 AM
Does anyone here have the sprint broadband thing. Im thinking about switching from cable. they say its up to 5mbit/s. Could you tell me what speeds you get? This is the 44.99/month plan. Sprint says its "T-1 Download" which is 1.5mbit. I get 2mbit/s on cable , but if Sprint bbd really is fast ill get it.

dannjr
10-08-00, 12:59 AM
Thats a great speed if they can deliver what I mean is find out what there limits are by calling there tech support ask them what happens if your line drops in speed.
Example:
I have mindspring its a 1.5Mbps connection I get above that. But the rule is they don't recondition the line until you drop as low as 256kbps.
I have never had that type of problem but the question has come up.
Earthlink/Mindspring/Sprint are all part in a sense the same network. They are kinda joined at the hip Sprint dose the lines for mindspring/earthlink. Covad is the equipment and they use Cisco routers and 3com which is good.
one last note: you could end up being just a little slower than what you have right now but then when your slow on cable Dsl rocks your not sharing with your nieghboor. Dsl stays the same speed.
Good luck

------------------

THE WORLDS THINNEST BOOK: THINGS I CAN'T BUY By Bill Gates

[This message has been edited by dannjr (edited 10-07-2000).]