PDA

View Full Version : Using wired and wireless connections together



YARDofSTUF
12-28-04, 08:06 PM
if i have a pc connected to a ethernet cable at port1 should i not use a wireless key on key 1?

m4a2t0t
12-28-04, 09:48 PM
errr...u talking bout the encryption key?

Philip
12-28-04, 10:17 PM
if i have a pc connected to a ethernet cable at port1 should i not use a wireless key on key 1?
You can use any of the keys, as long as all clients are using the same number key. It is not related to ports on the router/access point.

YARDofSTUF
12-29-04, 02:54 PM
You can use any of the keys, as long as all clients are using the same number key. It is not related to ports on the router/access point.

DAMNIT!!!!


WHY does my wireless box loose connection then.

It connects at 48 or 54mbps and will be good or low like 80% of the time. Then it will jsut crap out every 5 minutes for the other 20%

nothing changing in the house interferencewise.



Thanks for the answer Philip :)

m4a2t0t
12-29-04, 03:03 PM
what unit? I am using the wrt54g at my cousins house and I its a POS. I will sit right in front on the router and it will say there are no wireless networks, after a few minutes of trying I finally see the AP. Signal drops all the time, always calling me asking why the internet is down. I hate doing computer stuff for other peeps.

YARDofSTUF
12-29-04, 04:29 PM
same router matt

YARDofSTUF
12-29-04, 05:49 PM
Just hooked up the high gain antennas to the router. Looks like its doing much better now.

Rouse
12-29-04, 05:51 PM
I have the same kind of issue with that router too Yos. I just posted it in the wrong forum. :(

Here>>> (http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=164147)

Rouse
12-29-04, 05:53 PM
Just hooked up the high gain antennas to the router. Looks like its doing much better now.

Where did you get the High Gains?

YARDofSTUF
12-29-04, 08:50 PM
Where did you get the High Gains?


CompUSA