PDA

View Full Version : Un-capping not illegal

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

The_Sandman
07-21-00, 12:32 PM
This is not a doctered pic check it out. I'll tell how I did it later. Gotta go!
http://www.se.mediaone.net/~sandman/haha.bmp

[This message has been edited by The_Sandman (edited 07-21-2000).]

mobius0
07-21-00, 12:34 PM
Just one step closer to 300

lael007
07-21-00, 01:18 PM
2 more (almost there)

lael007
07-21-00, 01:19 PM
1 : getting closer

lael007
07-21-00, 01:21 PM
300 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the longest topic ever has reached 300

wee96
07-21-00, 01:23 PM
What a dumb ass, I was trying to post and didnt even think this message got through, musta been alot of people trying eh? Bleh, your three messages dont make you sheeeeeat, any of us could have done that.

[This message has been edited by wee96 (edited 07-21-2000).]

fanta
07-21-00, 01:49 PM
You b*******! I wanted to be the lucky 300th person http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/frown.gif Hey Brent what's the lucky prize?

[This message has been edited by Bouncer (edited 07-21-2000).]

Brent
07-21-00, 01:55 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

prize?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

how about a CONGRADULATIONS! http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

and a pat on the back

now what? this thread really has no purpose anymore unless Violent comes back

tntjboy
07-21-00, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Brent:
almost to 300!

why do u say that cover? im just curious

mig125
07-21-00, 04:47 PM
You are punk! http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/mad.gif
You cheated! 3 posts in a row...I could have done it!
eeehh, what the heck...have your hour of fame http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

But I just finished tweaking my car( K&N air filter, Red Line transaxle fluid, new plugs...I will smoke you all http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Brent
07-21-00, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by tntjboy:
why do u say that cover? im just curious

why do i say what?

that made no sense :P

tntjboy
07-21-00, 06:07 PM
LOL sorry brent i click on the wrong person =0

Booger
07-21-00, 07:23 PM
I have read this whole topic, and being new to this type of cable modem stuff I am just amazed that so much time is devoted to this uncapping subject in general.

What if violent did do what he said he did ? I doubt he would want to come back here again. It just doesn't seem like a very friendly atmosphere when it comes to this topic. I read his explainations and descriptions with great attention to detail and I can see that about 99% of the people here took 100% of everything he said out of context, disected it, and then tried to make it fit into their own theories and explainations, at least thats what it looks like to a dis-interested third party. Some of the network guys at work read it and were amazed that he was immediately attacked for introducing such a radical (i guess radical is the right word) solution to a problem that everyone suffers with. They thought that it was technically feasable, but that violent did not present it correctly. His use of the terms k/sec and kb/sec , what was he refering to for example , kilobits or kilobytes ? I saw the pictures that were posted and I personally do not think they are fakes and I do computer graphic design for a living and could not reproduce the results that someone else did using the same method he describes. I did bit and pixel transformations on the pics and could find no evidence of tampering. Bit and pixel transformations are part of what,among other methods, the FBI uses to decide if pictures are fakes or not. I do not work for the FBI, but various government agencies do occaisionally contract our company for graphics work so we have a lot of the same methods. However this is just my opinion. How come no one said anything about the picture showing the FTP software LeapFTP ?

I too have searched the net for information about violents arrest and trial and found nothing. But does this prove anything ? I could not find the first arrest report on John Dillenger on the net either, so what ? There are lots of things that go on and never make it to the net. So I don't know. maybe he should have scanned in the documents and put them here. But I can understand now, after reading everything he wrote, why he did not and those who showed doubt proved him right about his assumptions. I guess it is like the watergate thing way back when Nixon was in office, the more Nixon said it wasn't true the more true it really was, so in the end by Nixon trying to make people believe that it was not true he really proved it to be true. The same thing basically happened here in that the more folks here said is was not true, taking the thing as a whole, the more true it looks.

I see that violent did not leave an email for us to use but I see that the moderator has pointed out that the email address was ********@usa.net. I looked at usa.net and it is a free email service like hotmail and the others so more than likely violent prizes his privacy and uses free email accounts to send and receive email rather than his real email, can't really blame him. After all look at the witch hunt started here. I use free email accounts too, just too many nuts about in this day and age not to.

I saw something from someone where an offer was made to send some files to someone to prove the speed ? Did I get that right ? Anyway I can see now why he did not do that. Look at the people out gunning for him on this. Do the cable companies pay you guys or something ? How could he trust anyone in the file transfer ? I mean if he did send a file then it is likely (judging from the atmosphere) that the person he was sending it to would get his IP address, contact his ISP and try to start something vengeful like claiming he was sending files un-solicited or something. It seems as though there are those types of people in the world. I get the impression from reading his stuff that he was at least intelligent to a point. I am sure he understood what he was doing but I also get the impression that he would have more than gladly shared the information in time as soon as all his legal problems were worked out.

I mean just reading the whole thing, and taking the topic as a whole, it looks like everyone just about was out to persecute the poor guy from the beginning.

Why is that ?

If I ask a question about something or put forth a solution to something can I expect the same treatment?

So if someone would please explain all this to me I would really appreciate it. I would really like to know and understand a little more about these things.

Bouncer
07-22-00, 02:47 AM
Hmm...how to approach this...

"Booger", You raise some valid points, where maybe people ought to be more trusting.

I'll go first. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

I trust that you can explain to us why you and violent share the EXACT SAME IP, which is NOT a proxy server OR gateway address AND WHICH resolves to a singular node address on the midsouth.rr.com network in the same state and in the same city?

I trust that you can explain that.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

------------------
"Yeah Baby, YEAH!!!"

[This message has been edited by Bouncer (edited 07-22-2000).]

SirZ
07-22-00, 03:22 AM
First of all, It is now 4:34 AM, im @#$#@ crazy for spendin the last 3 hours reading this thread, when I was just going to read this interesting looking url someone passed me. (Yes this is the first time i read a newsgroup for non-work related purposes. I got to say this is much better than a Tom Clancy novel.

Second of all, just because my name ends in a Z and has first and last letters capped, it doesnt mean im some zerocool phreak elite (snicker) character. Long ago, in a galaxy far far away, when the Internet was fun, I played MUDD and had an alias SirZ#$@#$ (these were letters of course) Z@#$@$ was the name i picked, and the Sir had to do with the Knighthood theme of the MUDD. Quickly people shortened it to SirZ and so it stuck.

The detailed reader that i am, here are some of the notes I made while reading this entertaining bit:

Brent - how the hell did you score a 10Mbit cap, and shame on you for being jealous at the OC3 guy.

Kip - By far, warezers crackers whatever you call them are not 15 year old kids. Most are university students with the big pipe at uni (been there done that http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif ).

Ikarus - Dude, look at this from an outsiders perspective: "I proclaim that this guy is lying because he cheated the same way I did... oh and yeah, I am not cheating now". Kinda hard to swallow eh? You certainly didnt pick the "scientific method" to prove your point.

The MORON (btw, its not spelled mooron) who typed right after Ikarus's Eureka (or whatever ikarus yelled right before his wings melted) - I want to keep the flame to a minimum, so I'll just say you are a moron.

Those of you Calling Violent a kid - naw.. his writing and logic is just a tad too good and well presented to be a kiddo.

Ok, here goes my unbiased evaluation. Violent, there has been a contention to your only proof so far, by a guy who already set a precedent with his cheating ways. You should not get stressed out too much, anyone with a little brains would see how Ikarus shot himself in the foot for credibility. However, your lack of subsequent proof, (the file test with that OC3 guy and the two moderators would set the record once and for all) does not make us middle of the road, read and watch how it unfolds types (the ones who win elections hehe) swing towards your side. By the way, you are a very clever and smart guy (EXCELLENT comeback with the tempx, tempy, tempz) but you did lie in one area http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/wink.gif (GOTCHA!). The test file you uploaded... why did you pick a RAR compression, and why 15,000,000 size? I tell you why... because full cd's in the warez world, known as ISO's are released as 15 meg files, in rar packages by by the cracker groups (BTW I cant believe noone of the 300 posts caught on to this one ... much more obvious that the alleged picture doctoring) this coupled with the tempz thing sort of sinks your NON WAREZ defense. However, I can understand why you'd keep activity like that quiet (as i said, I made "good" use of the university pipe *evilgrin* ... err, I have seen such activity conducted by semi-comatose individuals whose names and faces I can no longer recall due to the fatigue induced by the all nighter lab assignment). Anyhow, as I said, i can see why you deny warez connections, but man, you MADE A HUGE mistake takin that compression, and that file size. Of course you can have clever explanations for each one of these incriminating instances, but taken as a whole its too much to be coincidence. Just think how OJ' couldn't fit that damn shrivelled leather glove of his....

Ok, I am starting to doze off, and forgot half the stuff I was going to say... but just in case you read this, we, the silent majority, decide only on concrete facts. While the vocal extremists will try to piss on your parade, or at least get you involved in a pissing match (John, good marked for your Briefs of Steel), do not let yourself drawn into a petty battle. Us rational thinkers are not convinced either way. In fact, you are the only person that supplied evidence so far. Sure the said evidence has been challenged in authenticity, but you should be happy it was Ikarus : based on my outsider read of ALL posts only on this thread, he ranks rather low on the credibility totempole (no offense to those of you of native origins). However, we need closure; disappearing now will make this story go down as a farce where the guy that could step up and set things straight didnt. Doing the file tests with those guys can settle it. Man, if I were you I would jump at the clear case opportunity to settle once and for all the authenticity of my story. Mind you if I were you, as soon as I got my bail after being arrested by those @#$@#$ @$#$$# ^#$@@# cable @#$# people, I would have called USA Today, your local or nearby big city paper, CNN, zdnet, and PUBLISH THE PROCEDURE heheh. Screw you f#4ing Cable Co's (Its OK to flame corporate entities in the geeks world, right?).

However, you were smart to cover your ass, cut a deal with the devil, and save the internet from crumbling. (Would a few million cable modem users uncapped qualify as a Distributed DoS attack on the Internet? - World War III a.k.a. Internet War I ) You thumbed yer nose at the big guy and good for you, just make sure they dont yank you in by the nose. IF on the other hand you bullpottied us, then DUDE!!! start writing books, you'll buy out Tom Clancy AND George Lucas in no time.

And finally, ladies and gentlemen, here is WHAT REALLY HAPPENED here. I, Sherlock Holmes The Second, have unravelled the mystery. Why my dear Watson, Violent's Identity is elementary. He is either Brent or John, or perhaps a nameless, faceless SuperModerator trapped entirely within this website. You see, these guys wanted to break the 300 post mark, spent a few months coming up with an superbly choreographed playset, and executed it perfectly. This resulted in masses of us bast#$( in search of the Unlimited TX Rate visiting this site every second or two, and the "New York Times" ad in the top corner racking in the schillings. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

It has been a pleasure being part of this online novel. Whether its based on fact or fiction, the plot, character development, etc etc has been excellent, now all we need is the ENDING!!!. So Violent don't hold us in suspense, a properly closed play still is the best money making theatrical device. However, should Violent not return within the next few days ( which he will since he invested too much effort in this thread ) I call upon Brent or John to become Violent's alter ego (Subdued perhaps an appropriate name) and construct whatever ending you feel will be most entertaining for us in the audience.

How do those gay (figuratively speaking) french artsies exclaim after a splendid performance? :
MARVEILLEUS!!
(yea yea, pardon my french)

------------------
In America, first you get de suga, den you get de powah den you get de weemen! Homer Simpson Rocks!

SirZ
07-22-00, 03:30 AM
Holy pottyburger!!! These posts can grow and grow Now I see how Violent ended up typin huge posts too.

Note to web designer, make the box I am typing this in autosize with the browser; Right now it could be another 150% wider without introducing the scrollbar.

PS. I am a little troubled with this "Senior Member" designation. Why try to introduce physical realm hierarchies to feed people's egoes? Do Senior Members have bigger balls? or wake up and post extra early? There should only be Posters, who do nothing but post and mod their own stuff, and Special Posters (ok call them Moderators) who can edit anyone's stuff. Simple. None of this ego feeding "Senior Member" designations.

PS Does a senior member really mean a penis that has difficulty drawing blood from the heart?

My 2 cents (All Taxes included)

------------------
In America, first you get de suga, den you get de powah den you get de weemen! Homer Simpson Rocks!

Kip Patterson
07-22-00, 05:20 AM
Kip - By far, warezers crackers whatever you call them are not 15 year old kids. Most are university students with the big pipe at uni (been there done that http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif ).

I do not understand your comment. At no point in the thread did I say anything about Warezers, crackers or suggest that Violent is a kid.

uniqueVisage
07-22-00, 08:18 AM
Hi MOM,hi DAD!! LOOK the THREAD is STILL here... hehehee,

just wanted to say hi to my folks

Hey, how do you people tell what number post you are? Please, no smart answers like, start from the beginning and count it all, uhh.. unless that is what you people do? :/
Oh, one more thing, ever think about putting a spell checker on these posts? Just a sugestion <--spelling http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/frown.gif

hmmm wonder where violent is?

wee96
07-22-00, 09:19 AM
I KNEW that was Violent HAHAHAHA, unbelieveable. I cant stop laughing, whew!

Originally posted by Bouncer:
Hmm...how to approach this...

"Booger", You raise some valid points, where maybe people ought to be more trusting.

I'll go first. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

I trust that you can explain to us why you and violent share the EXACT SAME IP, which is NOT a proxy server OR gateway address AND WHICH resolves to a singular node address on the midsouth.rr.com network in the same state and in the same city?

I trust that you can explain that.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

SirZ
07-22-00, 09:22 AM
My apologies Kip, I dont know how I wrote your name down instead of Ikarus'. I guess at 4 in the morning the brain and hand just dont have that good of interactions.

Originally posted by Ikarus:
... As soon as I saw "tempz" in the Q3world screenshot, I knew you were just a warezing kid trying to get our attention.

------------------

Brent
07-22-00, 10:52 AM
first of all to Boogers comment a.k.a Violent: I saw something from someone where an offer was made to send some files to someone to prove the speed ? Did I get that right ? Anyway I can see now why he did not do that. Look at the people out gunning for him on this. Do the cable companies pay you guys or something ? How could he trust anyone in the file transfer ? I mean if he did send a file then it is likely (judging from the atmosphere) that the person he was sending it to would get his IP address, contact his ISP and try to start something vengeful like claiming he was sending files un-solicited or something. It seems as though there are those types of people in the world. I get the impression from reading his stuff that he was at least intelligent to a point. I am sure he understood what he was doing but I also get the impression that he would have more than gladly shared the information in time as soon as all his legal problems were worked out.

I was the one who was gonna do the file transfer, as a an owner of website, a webmaster, a moderator and a generally good guy I Would Never give out your IP, or Domain name or anything that could incriminate you, nor would I call your ISP or raise some kind of ruccus, the only thing i would do is watch the speed of the transfer and report it back to here honestly so that I and others could see if you are really telling the truth, simple as that, and the offer is still open if you wanna try.

To SirZ: Brent - how the hell did you score a 10Mbit cap, and shame on you for being jealous at the OC3 guy.

I have Cable through AT&T@Home, the system I have in my area is still Proprietary, It's NOT DOCSIS Yet, therefore with my service I have a cap of 10Mbps down, that doesn't mean I always get that fast though what it means is I could transfer 10 things at a time of 100KB/sec each, it's the bandwith of 10Mbps I have, However if all conditions were perfect then Yes I could download a single file at 1.2MB/sec if all conditions were perfect, Personally I've downloaded sustained at 750KB/sec before, so I have plenty of speed to test Violents Upload speed. Of course though during peak times it's alot slower due to node congestion which I cannot avoid either.

To uniqueVisage: Hey, how do you people tell what number post you are?

Look up in your last post and see that little icon with a Face with a Question Mark beside it? Click that Icon http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
a.k.a Borg Drone
Owner/Webmaster
Core Meltdown www.coremeltdown.com (http://www.coremeltdown.com)

Forum: http://www.coremeltdown.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

Out the 100TX, through the linksys router/switch, down the cable modem, over the Tap, off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, past the head end office....nothing but Net

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 07-22-2000).]

Booger
07-22-00, 06:28 PM
Bouncer:

I am not sure what you are talking about. Same IP ? I'm at san.rr.com, what are you talking about ?

Booger
07-22-00, 06:29 PM
Bouncer:

I am not sure what you are talking about. Same IP ? I'm at san.rr.com, what are you talking about ?

NeoGuyver
07-22-00, 06:38 PM
Hey, Violent, changing the name would not change your ip. But you should trust Brent to do what he says, he's very reputable http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/wink.gif
I did say I gave up hope on you, which is not to say I don't beleive you, but I jst don't care as much anymore. That does not mean that I don't think it's possible.

Anywho, I forgot what I was going to say, so I'll say it later I guess. Just show us something we can't deny and we will not be flaming you anymore. (most of us) will praise as a GOD. What more could you want?! http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

It's harmless, besides, though Brent did expose you as Booger, DID HE EXPOSE YOUR IP? That should count for something. Anyway, Email me, I won't ask for anything, not the logs or nothin'. I just want to get the straight scoop, you won't get anything guff from me or ANYONE else, and I'm not obligating you, just requesting...
My Email is mega_manx4@hotmail.com [account that I've had for 6 years and counting http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/wink.gif]

Ain't life Chocolaty? Maybe that explains why people with Acne look like Earth from Outer Space! (uh oh, I better stop watching Gundam Wing en Ingles, it's warping the BRAIN MUSCLE. yeah you heard me! MUSCLE!!)

---------------------------------------------
You already do it, why not GET PAID for it?
Http://www.refercentral.com/neoguyver

Brent
07-22-00, 06:44 PM
FYI it was Bouncer who discovered Booger = Violent http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

But my offer still stands to do the file transfer Violent, this will either prove or disprove your statement

clover
07-22-00, 06:56 PM
If nothing else, we'll go close to the 400 mark, surely a landmark never to be broken.

clover

------------------
http://members.nettrash.com/clover252525@yahoo.com

kerplunk
07-22-00, 08:22 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering what happened to Violent. Like where is he now, why hasn't he posted in ages?

John
07-22-00, 08:25 PM
I am becoming tired and bored with this thread...

Detective Bouncer comes through again http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

denew007
07-22-00, 08:25 PM
Biggest Post Ever?

------------------
http://grafixplanet.virtualave.net/maxforums/animaton1.gif

http://grafixplanet.virtualave.net

John
07-22-00, 08:49 PM
Biggest post ever on Speedguide, but certainly not the biggest post for all UBB's.

SirZ
07-22-00, 11:06 PM
Well well well,

Violent Bugger, whatever you are... you just keep busting yourself. Every mistake you make, you seem less smarter, your story less pausible.

I really wonder why would you be afraid of the moderators of this site for your file transfers. If you ever were "set-up" it is very easy for your sister to trace them to the physical person they are. No court or judge will rule that you violated your RR Deal by doing the test; they are much more likely to rule guilty to your initial indictment. So quit putting up the lame excuses and put up evidence. Failing that, I call on the site admin to set his firewall to block this recurring IP. Man, to think all the credit I gave you, and then you do something supremely stupid like logging in with the same IP. OF course this all is based on the fact that Brent's finding is accurate...which, come think of it, reinforces my earlier "Sherlock Holmes" evaluation : Brent IS Violent IS Bugger!!! http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

SirZ
07-22-00, 11:14 PM
Brent : HotDoggiddie doo!!!!!
Can I move in with you? http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

My @home rutinely ranges between 10 to 35 kbps (bytes, i Hate that confusing BIT business) and I am quite sure that my upload cap is just under 50 kbps (bytes again). It is rare when I get in the 100 range... and my all time max was 283 kbytes/s sustained downloading the Unreal Tournament Upgrade. Never seen anything like that again. So all you people that keep whining about "ONLY" having TX rates of 100-200 kbytes, FLAME YOU http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

PS. Do these Message icons have any meaning (aside the obvious ones like smiley and frownie, and winkie)

------------------

fanta
07-23-00, 12:18 AM
The first couple hundred were good posts but it's now mostly just spam (as is this I guess *shrugs*)

NeoGuyver
07-23-00, 01:38 AM
ACK! I'm sorry for not giving the right due credit. It was BOUNCER who did expose Violent. Brent is still, however, trustworthy, if not more now, because he didn't even do that. I still think you should do the test if you can. Bouncer, don't get me wrong, you's tight too! http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

Anyway, I guess I should get two more pennies, then I wouldn't make so many mistakes http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

http://www.refercentral.com/neoguyver

Bouncer
07-23-00, 01:44 AM
Well now, isn't this neat.

The first post from Booger resolves to the exact same IP as violent. (I just triple checked.)

The last post, however, resolves to a different IP.

Which means the account is being used by two persons in different areas. I'll have to check and see what our rules are on sharing accounts...since there is no way in heck that southwest roadrunner is filtering through a singular address in another entire subdomain.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

------------------
"Yeah Baby, YEAH!!!"

uniqueVisage
07-23-00, 07:03 AM
Hi, Number 331 here!

uniqueVisage
07-23-00, 07:14 AM
Opps, I was going to write something else, but I press the enter key by mistake. Anyway, I got a question. If Violent is Booger and Booger is Violent. Then why doesn't Booger/Violent just say so. I think there is too much guessing games going on. I also think that Violent should be left alone. Think about how he'll go around telling all his friends come check out what I did on speednet, I created a thread and its reaching almost 400. Then again, if we leave him alone, look how stupid he'll look when he tells someone that he uncapped his modem, ppl will laugh at him; especially with no proof. If a guy who is smart enough to claim that he uncapped a modem then he would also be smart enough to know that doing a test with a moderator would benifit him or distroy his image. I believe you guys have already come to a conclution on that.

------------------
-This world may lack style I know,but each bud must blossom and grow
-Morrissey

TonyT
07-23-00, 08:02 AM
philosophic view of this topic

1. Stupidity is the unknowness of consideration
2. (mechanical definition) Stupidity is the unknowness of Time, Place, Form & Event.
1: Truth is the exact consideration.
2: Truth is the exact Time, Place, Form & Event.

Thus we see that a failure to discover Truth brings about stupidity.

Thus we see that the discovery of Truth would bring about a full & total duplication of an event at which point it would cease to exist.

Thus we see that an ultimate truth would have no time, place, form or event.

Thus, then, we perceive that we can achieve a persistance only by masking a truth.

Lying is an alteration of time, place, event or form.

Lying becomes stupidity.

Anything which persists must avoid a total perfect duplication. Thus anything to persist must contain a lie.
------------------------------------------

This topic is persisting. It contains many lies. It will continue to persist so long as the lies are not discovered or the truth is not told.

It will persist so long as we are interested in it as well. Interest has been generated so far by injecting more lies throughout. So long as lies are promoted this thread will persist.

See yawl on page 34.....

wee96
07-23-00, 08:24 AM
I'm seeing another interesting pattern that I'm curious about. It seems all the people that are sticking up for Violent/Booger, have only, at most, posted about 34 times. This almost leads me to believe these could either be friends of Violent in real life, or Violent creating several accounts. Since the two ip's didnt match with the last post, I would assume it is probably Violent teaming up with some of his friends. Just a thought.

pep
07-23-00, 08:29 AM
Hey hey now this sounds interesting very interesting... Nice arguments by Violent.
Also i Have RR but i have a toshiba modem? I was wandering if you could send me the codes too seeing as the codes dont work on the hardware http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/wink.gif thanks

------------------
-pep-

pep
07-23-00, 09:42 AM
lol i cant belive i replied with that after i finished reading all this lmfao omg... i belived it at first with all those big words but lol omg....i dunno heh bye

pelles
07-23-00, 10:05 AM
I don't know, the second Bouncer post persisted in using the Violent-trademarked space before the question mark.

toadvenom
07-23-00, 01:16 PM
http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
Here are some links that should be very helpful to Violent and/or Booger: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_094b.html http://www.mhsource.com/expert/exp1072996d.html http://www.teenadviceonline.org/archive/16472.html http://www.biologicalunhappiness.com/AskDoc/doc754.htm http://www.texasonline.net/langley/columns/liar.htm http://www.mhsource.com/expert/exp1031797e.html http://holysmoke.org/wicca/bl003.htm

NeoGuyver
07-23-00, 10:37 PM
I ASSURE YOU, the first time I've heard of Violent was on THIS forum, you can get me varified by a Moderator if you have to http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif WNTCK = Walnut Creek, which is where the main server is in the city next to Martinez. Which is NOT in Luisiana.

I dunno, it just seems that I'm REALLY close to that mark where you posted I could be Violent, I only wish to clear MYSELF.

http://www.refercentral.com/NeoGuyver

chacmool
07-23-00, 10:59 PM
kb = kilobars

clover
07-24-00, 09:16 AM
I think that's a bit undeserving Toadvenom.

There is no proof the guy is a liar. He hasn't sent any logs to anyone, but that is his <b>choice</b>. Are you upset that he didn't share his secrets with you? If he did post his logs, would you still stand there and accuse him whilst all around you people were scrambling to uncap their modems? I think not.

You and Wee96 are getting paranoid. Get a life instead of going around accusing people. You might merit some respect that way.

clover

aKgLiQuiD
07-24-00, 10:58 AM
hmmmmm-

toadvenom
07-24-00, 12:35 PM
Clover,
The proof is in the pudding. I am not so gullible to believe someone's words. People will say anything. So far, all I've seen is a lot of talk and a bull***** screen shot that was demonstrated to be a blatant fake.

Now, do we need to state the obvious? If Violet, currently charading as Booger, really uncapped his modem and went to court, for his own integrity, wouldn't he produce court documents and/or upload a file to one of the moderators? I suppose you think he hasn't done that because we hurt his tender feelings? Give me a break. This whole nonsense has been a waste of everyone's time.

And personally, I don't give a ***** about his secret logs, uncapping my modem, or your *****-ass idea of what I need to do to gain anyone's respect. The links were a sarcastic joke, sorry you couldn't get the humor.

Bouncer
07-24-00, 02:54 PM
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! NOTICE IS GIVEN!

VIOLENT HAS NOT RESPONDED TO THIS THREAD SINCE JULY 13.

NO NEW INFORMATION HAS APPEARED SINCE THAT DATE CONFIRMING HIS CLAIM.

HE HAS NOT CONTACTED BRENT, MYSELF, OR ANY OF THE OTHER MODERATORS OR ADMINS TO SET UP A TEST OF HIS CLAIMED UPLOAD SPEED.

UNLESS I RECIEVE SOME OVERWHELMING PETITION NOT TO, OR OTHER SPECIFIC INFORMATION ON THIS CLAIM, I WILL CLOSE THIS THREAD AT 12:01 AM JULY 26, WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

------------------
"Yeah Baby, YEAH!!!"

clover
07-24-00, 05:28 PM
Toadvenom, first of all, the proof is not always in the pudding. OJ is a great example of this. Innocent until proven guilty and sometimes even after that.

As for being a waste of everyone's time, each thread has a topic name, so that you can chose which thread to read or not. Judging by the 345+ replies, it has created more interest than any other thread so far on this board. Speaks for itself.

Lastly, I've never seen the humorous side in belittling anyone, everyone has a point of view be it right or wrong. Blatant sarcasm backed up by ***** words is one way to express an opinion, constructive criticism is another. To each his own, I suppose.

clover

kerplunk
07-24-00, 07:59 PM
Boo hoo.

I say close it now.

Overwhelming petition? Ya right...

kerplunk
07-24-00, 08:04 PM
Boo hoo.

I say close it now.

kerplunk
07-24-00, 08:10 PM
Boo hoo.

I say close it now.

chacmool
07-24-00, 08:44 PM
#350...maybe

wee96
07-24-00, 11:00 PM
Clover, I'll be nice about this, please dont accuse me or anyone else of not having a life, simply put because you do not know me. I actually have a great life, and am doing quite well for myself. Secondly, I am in no way asking or looking for your respect about anything, you are just a name my friend. I am not ON these boards for respect, respect is used in real life. I am on here to express my opinions and to share knowledge about broadband communications. Just had to let you know that, and wanted to be as nice as possible.

moses
07-25-00, 06:23 AM
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since this thread has had any real discussion on uncapping, which is the elusive holy grail of Cable Modem folks.

Instead, we have been watching a lot of very smart people act otherwise.

Since there seems to be a lack of evidence that Violent has done what he claims, and this has simply fueled personal warfare among the members, I think pulling the plug will give everyone a day or two to cool off.

Declare a cease-fire and close the thread.If someone comes out of the holy cave with the uncapping logs... bring them on.

ispark
07-25-00, 06:25 AM
hmm, 400 maybe?
http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
iSpark - Fired up! and ready to GO!

chacmool
07-25-00, 08:14 AM
K = Abbreviation fo Kelvin.

However, could it also be an abbreviation for the Kendell effect...a spurious pattern or other distortion in a facsimile.

But then again, it might be an abbreviation for Kerr effect...an electro-optical effect in which certain transparent substances become double refracting when subjected to an electric field perpendicular to a beam of light.

¿I wonder if el Señor Violencia will ever return?

chacmool
07-25-00, 08:19 AM
¿On to page ten...?

Just Mark
07-25-00, 12:07 PM
I just couldn't resist any long from contributing to this very intertaining dribble. Now I too can say I was a part of the longest post ever on SpeedGuide.net http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

John
07-25-00, 12:31 PM
My emails to Violent are starting to go unanswered... less than 12 hours before this post is closed!

kerplunk
07-25-00, 12:34 PM
Am I the first on the #10 page?

Bouncer
07-26-00, 02:13 AM
THE END