PDA

View Full Version : Wireless works for approx 2 mins then drops off

citricky
11-19-04, 12:50 PM
I've just got a new lap top and it s picking up my linksys router but in spite of this after about 2 mins it gives me 'the page cannot be displayed'. The icons say i am connected but i can't surf.

I'm running xp and configfree also shows a connection.

Can any one help? :confused:

AgentSmart
11-26-04, 10:19 PM
I have the same problem and I cant figure it out. Not yet at least.

I have a SpeedTouch 510 ADSL Modem with a built-in router & dhcp. Connected to that one I have a D-Link AccessPoint. It works fine for like 1 min and then *poooff* - the connection to the router is lost. (and no, the dhcp sever in the access point is not running as well)

/Marcus

purecomedy
11-28-04, 12:32 AM
I had a Linksys BEFSRF41 and it cut out after about 45 seconds. It turned out I had a "new" one since Cisco had taken them over. I went to return it and the guy at the store had an "old one" from the previous production run under Linksys and it worked fine since the day I installed it. The guy told me it was an issue with my Shaw Cable internet service, for ADSL here it worked fine.

I've got a huge thread on this somewhere, let me find the link.

Ok here it is http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126853

citricky
12-02-04, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that but i don't think it's the router as I've used it problem free for 12 months with another laptop.

Just to make things more mysterios it worked for a day a two last week before returning to the 1 minute on and then nothing mode.

Could it be a dodgy toshiba laptop?