PDA

View Full Version : Quick network issue

Loonatic
11-15-04, 11:00 PM
I am setting up the MR814NA at my friends house, and I'm having an issue with logging into the router.

It will pull up the page, as in the title, and nothing else. Just blank. Try again, and it wont at all. No internet or anything. It's hooked up fine. I reset, same deal. I cant get into the login page at all. Did a hard reset and everything. Cleared cookies, tried pinging the router (Timed out). Any clues?

Rings890
11-15-04, 11:04 PM
can you test the network cable? or was it working fine before you hooked up the router?
You can try to connect to the router using the telnet.

Bouncer
11-15-04, 11:05 PM
I am setting up the MR814NA at my friends house, and I'm having an issue with logging into the router.

It will pull up the page, as in the title, and nothing else. Just blank. Try again, and it wont at all. No internet or anything. It's hooked up fine. I reset, same deal. I cant get into the login page at all. Did a hard reset and everything. Cleared cookies, tried pinging the router (Timed out). Any clues?

If you reset everything you may have to try giving yourself a static address in the same subnet as the routers default with the router as your default gateway. Then try to log in. THEN you can configure DHCP if it isn't enabled by default. Also verify you don't have internet explorer configured to use proxies for web browsing. If none of that works and you still can't ping the router after setting a static address on the routers default factory subnet it may just have bad firmware.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

Loonatic
11-15-04, 11:09 PM
Thanks guys, Ill give it a whirl tomorrow.

Proxies were off, btw.

Loonatic
11-16-04, 08:00 AM
I have a feeling they wont have internet for a while, I probably have to send that lame ass router back...

Loonatic
11-16-04, 08:21 AM
It receives an IP address, of 192.168.0.2, so I know the DHCP is working. Bad firmware you think?

YeOldeStonecat
11-17-04, 12:07 PM
It receives an IP address, of 192.168.0.2, so I know the DHCP is working. Bad firmware you think?

Probably a bum unit. If you know your NIC is good, if you know your patch cable is good, if you're plugging directly into one of the correct LAN ports of the router, and your rig is otherwise healthy where you can view all websites fine....then it's most likely the router.

You're getting an IP, which is all you need to view the web admin of the router...that appears to be running fine.